✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

Looking for some advice in running a bible study. I'm running two, at two different churches..right now the subjects are witnessing and spiritual warfare. I'm new at doing this so I am encountering a few bumps in the road. For instance, tonight one of our church elders attended the study and he tends to dominate the conversation. It was to the point that barely anyone else could get in a word edgewise. He basically took over the study from what I had intended. How would you recommend I handle these kind of personality types?

I have also noticed that Satan keeps trying to introduce petty disputes..for instance, the subject of which bible translation is the best was interjected..but I didn't take the bait. At my other study, Satan attempted to derail it with a dispute on "once saved always saved". I didn't realize what a battle would be taking place trying to lead these studies, and how easily it can degenerate. I think we as Christians tend to feel safer around other Christians but the fact is that Satan can use brothers and sisters against us as well.

Any advice in general on how to lead the study would be appreciated.

savedbyhim01

Apr 5, 2012
✟15,127.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, if is a recurring thing with the elder I would probably write him a gentle note about it. If it is a one time thing, just let it go. I also lead Bible studies and it is easy to get derailed. Just ask yourself if this new topic or side topic will be edifying to those who listen or not.

Upvote 0