Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you take the Bible's own descriptions?

Mark 9:43-44
43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched--
44 where 'Their worm does not die, And the fire is not quenched.'

Matthew 8:11-12
11 And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.
12 But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Matthew 25:46
46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Revelation 14:9-11
9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand,
10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

Matthew 3:11-12
11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
12 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

Matthew 13:40-42
40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age.
41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness,
42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

And so on.

Selah.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thir7ySev3n
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here are some ways to explain it:
1. Only place where you need suntan lotion during the winter.
2. The temperature of the sun.... x1000 (I imagine).
3. Unescapable, unending, beyond the point of pain.

Personally I picture people in it with skin that looks like it has third degree burns, but never stops burning so they always feel the pain. Though some say its not really flames or anything. Just pain. Whatever the case people don't believe shouldn't risk finding out the hard way if they ignore Jesus.

Upvote 0

Geralt

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2016
GB
Visit site
✟67,802.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
hell-6.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I know "Dante's Inferno" is just a poem and of course there are no "7 circles of hell". But when they made it into a game they claimed it would be the scariest, most terrifying game for its time since they wanted to make each circle beyond a nightmare. Now while many played the game for its horror, I played it (even though its not accurate about hell) to remind me hell will still be beyond anything I can dream of. Game did a good job too. Heres just one picture from the circle of gluttony.

This picture is NOT SAFE FOR WORK. This is more of artwork before they made the level. I avoided posting the picture in the post itself for obvious reasons.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/03/ashotmelkumovgluttony.jpg

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its like being roasted in a hot oven but so bad you burned into a cinder. Hell is cremation, you will be crushed into a powder, thrown to the four winds and is eternal separation with God. It wasnt meant for people, but for demons. Jesus saves us from hell so that we wont perish. Why? Because he loves us and wants us to live with Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm trying to scare Jesus into people. LOL. just kidding. I would like ways of describing hell to people.

there's no need; if they don't want to know God for His goodness, then fear of hell won't help them; it will ultimately drive them away. if you struggle with speeding, fear of getting a traffic ticket won't motivate you to get to know police and judges more intimately; it will have the opposite effect. fear can produce temporary change, but it's the goodness of God that causes lasting change. preach the gospel - the good news - and if someone rejects this message, step on to the next person and trust God to get through to them through someone else :)

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
there's no need; if they don't want to know God for His goodness, then fear of hell won't help them; it will ultimately drive them away. if you struggle with speeding, fear of getting a traffic ticket won't motivate you to get to know police and judges more intimately; it will have the opposite effect. fear can produce temporary change, but it's the goodness of God that causes lasting change. preach the gospel - the good news - and if someone rejects this message, step on to the next person and trust God to get through to them through someone else :)
You know that's true. Some folks can be scared into,salvation but it's usually only those that have deep guilt I suspect. But one does not really understand God and his love until he accepts Christ. Its amazing how people have their whole life changed and how their thinking changes once they become a,believer. It pretty awesome.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

David Reyes

Apr 24, 2016
Earth
✟15,115.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
I'm trying to scare Jesus into people. LOL. just kidding. I would like ways of describing hell to people.

Well, Luke 6:31 reads: "Do to others as you would have them do to you."

This is the golden rule and therefore it is divine law. I think we ought to consider this seriously since it was spoken by Jesus; God himself. To be begin, I assumed that the people that you want to describe hell to people who don't really want to hear about it. Rather then, I think it may be of some use to consider what do you like to talk about? You seem to have an interest in Christian beliefs,So I assume you like to share what you believe. I also assume that you do not like telling your beliefs to a wall, since you explicitly mention how you want to share the information with other people. So then, if you like sharing your beliefs with people, and I assume that you like to be heard; then why not listen to the beliefs of other people? There is an entire world of ideas and interests to enjoy. People have more interest than proving or disproving religion; people have a very diverse array of interests and ideas. Some people like music, some people like food, tea, coffee, politics, literature, botany, philosophy,etc... Anyways, it also seems intellectually dishonest to try to describe hell to people, because I don't Jesus ever did describe it so we can't know for sure what it looks like. The so called visions of saints weren't always consistent, so they can't really be trusted. If you belief that Jesus is God, then his word should be what is most important to you, and it essentially says to treat others you would like treated, speak to other as you would like other people to speak to you. Basically, to be open to give and to receive love.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why don't you take the Bible's own descriptions?
And so on.
Reduce all that to 3 words: Eternal Conscious Torture.

Upvote 0