Being LGBTQ and Catholic

P

peggy sue

True. While I disagree with the concept that one is born homosexual, I do agree that we are in a sense born sinners. But like I have proposed in a previous post I think we should stop placing this sin upon a pedestal and thus separating it from all other sins. Most of us have had habitual sins that if we think about it long enough would say that we have always been dealing with this sin. Mine has always been lust. And to be honest I doubt very seriously that a homosexual has greater temptations to deal with than I have had to deal with all of my life. Sometimes it felt like I had no choice in fulfilling my lusts, but thank God almighty that He gave me the means of overcoming this evil in my life.

For some personal demons it requires much fasting and prayer to exorcise them from our lives.

best post i've read all day!........its almost like some Christians don't want homosexuals to give up their sin

Upvote 0

HisKid1973

Thank You Jesus For Interceding For Me
Mar 29, 2005
Chocolate Town USA
✟15,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
True. While I disagree with the concept that one is born homosexual, I do agree that we are in a sense born sinners. But like I have proposed in a previous post I think we should stop placing this sin upon a pedestal and thus separating it from all other sins. Most of us have had habitual sins that if we think about it long enough would say that we have always been dealing with this sin. Mine has always been lust. And to be honest I doubt very seriously that a homosexual has greater temptations to deal with than I have had to deal with all of my life. Sometimes it felt like I had no choice in fulfilling my lusts, but thank God almighty that He gave me the means of overcoming this evil in my life.

For some personal demons it requires much fasting and prayer to exorcise them from our lives.

Romans 1 tell us how people get in/to these positions due to sin..I don't think it's put on a pedestal per say..It's just that it's so now "in your face" and to even try to show the cause in Romans one immediately brings "hater"
showing God's truths..

Reactions: whitetiger1
Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2011
✟2,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
best post i've read all day!........its almost like some Christians don't want homosexuals to give up their sin
There are some "Christians" who say they wish homosexuals would stay that way. I have no idea why someone would wish that on someone.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Fair enough, I've never chosen to explore a lot of things. Homosexuality is one of those things. Would I like it if I tried it? I won't lie to you-- I do sometimes wonder what it would be like to have a homosexual experience.

Do you have sexual attractions ? The reason I ask, is because your avatar is often used by some in the Ex Gay movement. It depicts Christ holding up and assisting a gay man.

Upvote 0

whitetiger1

Sep 3, 2011
in front of my computer
✟1,946.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Romans 1 tell us how people get in/to these positions due to sin..I don't think it's put on a pedestal per say..It's just that it's so now "in your face" and to even try to show the cause in Romans one immediately brings "hater"
showing God's truths..
Amen!

Upvote 0

whitetiger1

Sep 3, 2011
in front of my computer
✟1,946.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are some "Christians" who say they wish homosexuals would stay that way. I have no idea why someone would wish that on someone.
Maybe they have a sin or perceived sin and they don't want to feel alone in that, so they want others in sin too to share their misery.

Upvote 0

Chany

Uncertain Absurdist
Nov 29, 2011
In bed
✟15,379.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Homosexuality, most likely, is something their either born with or is out of their control, such as early-age influences. I'm pretty sure hiding and denying gay feelings creates problems, especially when one finally cracks and breaks down. Acting on them is wrong, of course, but pretending like one doesn't have them is like pretending one doesn't sin; it's foolish.

Upvote 0

mg0086

Prospective Doctor of the Church
Dec 8, 2007
Stella Maris Chapel
Visit site
✟10,902.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whatever logic or reason you interpret on this matter, let us realize that they need prayer. Their lives aren't easy (neither are ours as Catholics), especially when faced with addictions, tendancies, and personal struggles. It was actually the topic of today's homily on EWTN.

If a gay Catholic coalition does start, the only thing I hope for is that we're not split on the matter, grant peace to one another, and pray for one another...because we in this messed up world sure could use it!

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Maybe they have a sin or perceived sin and they don't want to feel alone in that, so they want others in sin too to share their misery.

Some say souls in hell are this way.
The more the merrier.

Ever read the letter from hell? Sobering. Very sobering.

Upvote 0
T

Theofane

IMO I think this is one of the problems that we have created for ourselves as a society when dealing with SSS (same-sex sex) is that as a sin we have placed it upon a pedestal and have in a sense isolated it from all other sins and think of it separately from all other sins.

For example: My son has a problem with this temper and it is causing him much distress at school and at home. He has a hard time making friends because no one wants to be around someone that has a short fuze. He didn't ask to be a berzerker and he has been one for as long as he and I can remember. Maybe he was born that way. So according to your rationale, my son should just accept he is who he is and let his temper always control his life no matter the consequences.

Your son's anger issues could destroy his life if he allows them to. Was he born to be a rage-a-holic? Destined to be one? I believe there are things about yourself you can change if you really want to. IMO, nobody needs to go through life with an anger problem. You can cure yourself of it with therapy, medication, and the grace of God.

Curing yourself of an unwanted sexual preference may not be that easy. Personally, I hate the idea of ex-gay ministries. It's despicable to me because as a "ministry" it's supposed to be about the love of Christ but in reality it's about the loathing and disgust of homosexuals-- man's inhumanity to man drenched in Christian sanctimony. :sick: :doh:

I agree with you about how our society has islolated same-sex sin and made it seem special somehow, worse than any other sin. Isn't it perverse how we seem to perversely "worship" the sins of other people because they steal focus from our own?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
P

peggy sue

this is a very true statement, some people seem to feel if we can get everyone doing it, that some how this will force God to be OK with it, almost like He can't throw us all in hell.........or can He?

Upvote 0
P

peggy sue

Your son's anger issues could destroy his life if he allows them to. Was he born to be a rage-a-holic? Destined to be one? I believe there are things about yourself you can change if you really want to. IMO, nobody needs to go through life with an anger problem. You can cure yourself of it with therapy, medication, and the grace of God.

Curing yourself of an unwanted sexual preference may not be that easy. Personally, I hate the idea of ex-gay ministries. It's despicable to me because as a "ministry" it's supposed to be about the love of Christ but in reality it's about the loathing and disgust of homosexuals-- man's inhumanity to man drenched in Christian sanctimony. :sick: :doh:

I agree with you about how our society has islolated same-sex sin and made it seem special somehow, worse than any other sin. Isn't it perverse how we seem to perversely "worship" the sins of other people because they steal focus from our own?

"I hate the idea of ex-gay ministries"...........then you must also be against anyone who ministers to people who want to get free from alcoholism, or from adultery, or from sex addiction, or people who steal, gossip, and slander.................loving the way Christ loves us isn't always a hug........somtimes he even said "sin no more"! as we see in the woman caught in adultery, do you hate the idea of Jesus telling this woman she should stop sleeping around? does that just irk you!

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
this is a very true statement, some people seem to feel if we can get everyone doing it, that some how this will force God to be OK with it, almost like He can't throw us all in hell.........or can He?

True.

But, I also know that many have it so wrong that they do not believe Hell exists or if Hell exists that God will make it temporary before bringing them all into Heaven.

The devils are very busy. As Christians we need to be as vigilant.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Curing yourself of an unwanted sexual preference may not be that easy.
You making a judgement call here? How do you know if one is easier than the other. Ask him how easy it is to overcome his anger, and I bet you get the exact same answer from him that you would a person suffering from SSA. Sin's chains have various levels of strength and some are easier to beat than others no doubt. The heaviest chain, I have dealt with all my life, I can safely say that for the most part I have been released from it after fighting it for 30 years! I can guarantee you that the temptations that I faced from these chains was great and at times irrestible. It was only when I was able to finally give myself completely into God's care that I was able break those chains. I also know that this chain is still dangling in front of me and if I commit any that I did before that those chains will lock back onto my wrists once again. Sounds familiar?

Personally, I hate the idea of ex-gay ministries. It's despicable to me because as a "ministry" it's supposed to be about the love of Christ but in reality it's about the loathing and disgust of homosexuals-- man's inhumanity to man drenched in Christian sanctimony. :sick: :doh:
I personally hate the idea that society has decided to turn a blind eye to the plight of those men and women that want to be released of these chains. Society tells them that there is nothing wrong with them that they were born that way and yet deep down inside many know that this is wrong. That is why so many IMHO commit suicide because they fall into dispair for they begin to think there is no way to break these chains.

As Catholics we need to let them know if they want to know that there is way to break those chains and that His name is Jesus Christ. It may not be easy, but nothing worth doing usually is.

amen.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
OBOB seems obsessed with Homosexuality.

Not all of us. A very small majority seem to think that anything other than vilification and outright condemnation of those with same-sex tendencies constitutes outright support for all aspects of the LGBT movement.

:mad:You know,

If you don't like seeing it, stay away from this forum, because the more they attack us, the more we're going to see it here.

So in essence, what you are saying is that you really don't care what any of us think, it's all about you and what you have to say.

There have been tonns of threads about homosexuality, nearly all of them with the exact same message. If you can't be bothered to take three minutes to find them, then you shouldn't be posting here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mg0086

Prospective Doctor of the Church
Dec 8, 2007
Stella Maris Chapel
Visit site
✟10,902.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not all of us. A very small majority seem to think that anything other than vilification and outright condemnation of those with same-sex tendencies constitutes outright support for all aspects of the LGBT movement.

So in essence, what you are saying is that you really don't care what any of us think, it's all about you and what you have to say.

There have been tonns of threads about homosexuality, nearly all of them with the exact same message. If you can't be bothered to take three minutes to find them, then you shouldn't be posting here.

OKAY SO I CAN NEVER ASK A QUESTION HERE EVER AGAIN? IS THAT IT?

I KNOW TONS ON THIS ISSUE. YES I GOT IT. BUT I DON'T RECALL EVER SEEING A POST ON PEOPLE STARTING A COALITION WITHIN THE CHURCH OF THIS NATURE. IT'S AN ODD OCCURRENCE TO ME AND I THOUGHT IT WAS TO OTHERS SO I ASKED....

MY BAD! I'LL NEVER ASK FOR HELP AGAIN. I THOUGHT I COULD LOOK UP TO AND TRUST THE PEOPLE HERE ENOUGH TO SEEK THEIR WISDOM. I'M SOOOO SORRY I BOTHERED, ANGERED AND DESTROYED YOU AND SOOOOO MANY OTHER PEOPLE HERE.

GO AHEAD MODS...SINCE THERE'S TOO MANY OF THESE THREADS HERE...TAKE IT DOWN!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I understand.
If you proclaim the evil of homosexuality act [and ergo the marriage of such] you are a bigot.
But if i am a bigot - with phobias - i got it from the Lord.

SO i am proud of my bigotry and phobia.... even if my heart is judged and i am attacked and blind sighted for teaching what the Church genuinely does teach - and hope ppl see the message and seek the Lord - i will maintain my badge of 'hateful bigot' if it means saving souls.

The new hush hush - is do not speak out against it. How dare anyone do so?
I understand Erose, suicide is not about society saying it is wrong. It is the despair that ppl experience inside telling them it is wrong and cannot placate the pain by any extinguisher...except God.
But then we must say God accepts this sin in order to help them.

Its all haywire now.
Gray areas have become huge dark shadows cast over morality.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This thread went downhill fast...

I hope we all can take a moment, if we are upset or frustrated, to step away and say a little prayer.

Actually, if you want someone to pray for then pray for those that have frustrated or upset you. As Catholics, we love to pray and worship and so we all can be united in this, no matter who we are. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

April Angel

Jul 13, 2007
London
✟17,063.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Well, I hope you don't close this thread because I want to contribute to it later. I have not seen another thread with this question in it. If a person wants to ask a question, why shouldn't they? I thought that was the purpose of this forum.

I hope this thread will still be open later, as I am very busy at the moment.
Hope to post later. bye for now. :wave:

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Actually, if you want someone to pray for then pray for those that have frustrated or upset you. As Catholics, we love to pray and worship and so we all can be united in this, no matter who we are. :crossrc:

I always pray for the people I dislike. It keeps me humble.

But when they're in the wrong, I tell them.

<edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0