"Behold, I COME QUICKLY"! (Revelations 3:11, 22:7,12,20)

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We can write that but it won't be inspired or authoritative. If we write that, do you really think it will stand the test of time as the Scriptures have?

Again you quote what we both accept as Scripture (Gen. 1:2-3). Where are your modern inspired words?

I mean no disrespect, I'm just curious about modern opinions you place on par with Scripture.

As you have said that time will only tell and if it be from God then it will stand the test of time, so let us wait for time.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think the confusion that exists in the church today is the direct result of denying the sufficiency of the inspired canon of Scripture. If we fail to acknowledge the suficiency of Scripture we build our own traditions based on the imaginations of men.

Where are you seeing the Holy Spirit ministering all truths to the present believers who are of the body of Christ apart from the inspired Scripture?

If we allow the fallible opinions of men to guide us we end up in chaos. We must recognize Scripture as the standard, the only inspired reliable source of truth.

Sufficiency of scripture is another way of saying Sola Scriptura and that limits God to a book written by human beings almost 2000 years ago whilst denying the present power of God that can reveal mysteries to the members of the body of Christ that were not revealed at the time of the 1st century writers.

As it is written abundance of truth shall be revealed to each new generation that comes, after all do we not see that as evidence that knowledge has increased and with the increasing of knowledge has not God revealed more of his mysteries as compared to his 1st century church.

I am seeing the Holy Spirit ministering all truths relevant to time and space in my life and the life of others as living testimonies. I believe that the written living word is face to face when I see Holy Spirit filled faithful and their works that is nothing short of God Holy texts. Are we limiting ourselves to only one mode that God communicates with us, that is purely written text. Sure we can read the inspired books but in this day and age we are living the inspired word ourselves and witnessing it face to face without needing to limit God to a text. The 1st century texts are important to expose new lies invented by the devil but they should not be taken as the be all and end all as far as all truths are concerned.

When I preach to Muslims and other religions I start off by saying do you experience your religion from a personal relationship point of view. For example has your prophets or gurus came to their followers and manifested themselves and comforted them that they are following the correct path? They obviously cannot say no, but don't answer.

I continue and tell them with Jesus you can experience fellowship with him, because as he had promised he will manifest himself to you in dreams and visions and comfort you and guide you to God. I further tell them that I am somewhat jealous that people from different religions who have not known about Jesus have seen Jesus in their dreams and visions and their eyes were opened and they have come forth in numbers with the same testimony that Christ Jesus is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel.

Although I agree with you on your last statement I must also look at the positive that there are just as many more if not more that have led many as they are the walking word of God ministering to the world.

With every genuine article there is a counterfeit and in this day and age it is not easy to differentiate between one or the other, unless we completely and utterly rely on God. In the same way today's counterfeit bills are even harder to differentiate from one another, the enemy has done the same thing with God's ways and has thought to change the ordinances and ways of God to support their wicked earthly agendas.

Upvote 0

A New World

May 21, 2014
CA
✟8,451.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That being said the Lord has revealed to me secrets that are completely contrary to the teaching of what the current ecclesiastical authority teaches in regard to the following:

1) the resurrection of the dead was initiated by Christ in the first century and when we die we are immediately raised without a second coming doctrine requirement.
2) there is no physical earthly second coming of Christ
3) the coming of satan has been omitted and satan is erroneously preached to be a spirit/thought and not a literal person who can manifest in our realm.
4) the end of the world is erroneously tied to a physical appearance of Christ to restore a renewed earthly Kingdom
5) the falling away when satan martyrs the true church and installs a counterfeit spiritual church from the 1260 symbolic days to the 1290 symbolic days is being hid where by the POST 1st century writings could reveal that the counterfeit came into power at a PARTICULAR historical point in time.

Your understanding is derived from your view of Scripture and should not be considered secrets. You may not be aware of it but the first four points you make here are becoming more popular. Number five is what I believe to be speculation, not based on sound evidence.

Upvote 0

A New World

May 21, 2014
CA
✟8,451.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The phrase never end is because the members of the kingdom of God continue FROM DEATH TO ETERNAL LIFE as follows:

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

The conditions of the blood covenant according to Hebrews requires that we pass from death onto life and so there is a continuity from life in the mortal body to life in the eternal heavenly body without a waiting period or delay, hence twinkling if an eye.

That being said as the harvest of wine is nearing the end scripture states at one point in time the harvest becomes dry and not much reaping for Christ's heavenly barn, except the weeds that overrun the world.

In this manner the kingdom is migrating to a better and more permanent place and when the last remaining elect have also been invited through death and onto life through the resurrection of the dead, then the extinction protocol is in place whereby God will wind down creation, right back to the beginning before his Light came when he declared LET THERE BE LIGHT.

So in short the bride must die for all called to Christ must die for they must drink from his bitter cup, then they will inherit what is in store for them and will not suffer death but will immediately in a twinkling of an eye be reunited with the risen Lord in their glorified heavenly bodies.

I really wish you would include Scripture passages from which your ideas flow. If you can back up what you assert with Scripture we can discuss it.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus said to the Jews who were standing around him:

THE FIRST SHALL BE THE LAST

The everlasting gospel went out to the nations of the world until the fullness of time, where the LAST who are the Jews who were the first to be preached the gospel will come as the 11th workmen.

This hasn't happened, therefore the 1st century church were the 1st hour workmen in the parable that Jesus stated below:

Matthew 20:6-9
And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle? They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive. So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first. And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.

Notice the following that the Lord of the vineyard Christ Jesus gives the payment first to the 11th hour workmen then to the 1st hour workmen to highlight a very important point mentioned below:

Matthew 20:16
So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

The last who were the gentile nations of the world became the first to recieve the message by saying blessed is he who came in the name of the Lord and so it remained that the supposed initial recipients, the Jews became the last to recieve it in their hearts and so they stayed unemployed until the fullness of the Gentiles, then they finally came as the 11th hour workmen.

It is plainly evident that they have yet to come and so those 1st century workmen were not the 11th nor the 9th or the 6th and they were called for thier time, yet the last remaining elect who rally behind the 11th hour workmen come 1260 symbolic days leading to the entry of Satan as messiah on earth at the 1290 symbolic days and final earth's onslaught, days of the Lord from 1290 to 1335 symbolic days.

In Isaiah 14 the decree from God is to destroy the devil aka Lucifer when he manifests in bodily form and God is going to cosmically rain down fire to consume the world to its bitter end, the extinction protocol that will annihilate the earthly realm, leading up to the brilliant coming of the Lord as it was in genesis where the declaration will be made:

LET THERE BE LIGHT

The blessing are to those very elect who live through those hair raising and terrifying days:

Isaiah 26:20
Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until the fury has passed by.

I have seen these chambers which are provided courtesy of the angels who deliver God's package to a secret mountain.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I really wish you would include Scripture passages from which your ideas flow. If you can back up what you assert with Scripture we can discuss it.

Death and onto eternal life is the message from the 1st hour workmen all the way to the 11th for the living shall not hinder the departed as far as they being raised up in their heavenly bodies.

The central theme of Christianity is to be faithful onto death after all we all signed up when we were baptised in the blood covenant, blood to blood. The bride must die otherwise the receiving of the eternal inheritance does not come into effect until the testator first dies.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your forgetting that you are asserting that I should use scripture to prove scripture. This is circular reasoning.

My words that I testify are scripture and they don't oppose scripture, but are revelation that the Holy Ghost inspired.

It is like the famous painter who was not recognised until centuries after his departure. Humanity has this natural thinking that it cannot kick out as bad habit.

Your asking me to prove my testimony using scripture then in that case my words have not been inspired as new revelation but just a copy from the 1st century writers. If you follow what you told me in your previous posts on one hand you tell me that I haven't stated anything out of the 4 from 5 points that has not yet been revealed then further down your saying that my testimony cannot be referenced by the 1st century writers.

So which one will it be, either one or the other, certainly not both, come on please!

If I told you everything that Christ has revealed to me you would think that I am mad and before even considering what I will tell you, you would have already made up your mind and will search scriptures to prove me wrong, rather than having an open mind to see if there is truth to what I have testifies.

For example if I told you the Lord has shown to me:

1) Satan
2) Satan's bottomless pit prison
3) Satan's release
4) Satan's John the Baptist like servant who prepares his way and when he comes before his master. By the way he is here already.
5) The imminent decree from God to kill Satan
6) The imminent destruction of earth visually and spoken.
7) the state of the earth after God has reigned terror on it.
8) the last battle fought as mentioned in Joel 2:1-12
9) the brilliant coming of the Lord when he sounds the seventh trumpet.
10) the post resurrection experience as Angels

These are only a small fraction what has been shown.

We are living in the period in between 1260 to 1290 and 1290 will signal the second coming doctrine but that will not be the risen Lord but the counterfeit artist the devil and then when he is exposed post 1290 he as the beast of the bottomless pit will try to erase the true church just as Jezebel tried.

Are we going to see supernatural events? Sure we are.

Have I seen Angels?

Yes I have when awake and when asleep.

Are the Angels going to take the war on earth?

Yes because the words spoken to me are:

Lord go and kill Satan.

The history of the fallen angelic hosts have always been restricted to the confines of earth times and space and when the good Angels are given their orders they are going to attack those on earth and I have seen this vision to.

You and I and the rest of the world will be in their cross fire. But in that time you can search the 1st century scriptures for someone to interpret these events and you will find none, except a few that it has been given to who are living today just like the disciples were living in their time when they made the call to evacuate Jerusalem before the Roman onslaught.

If you can not find it in the 1st century writers then where will you get your answers, or will you like others say what on earth is going on and why did you not warn us.

How is God going to reply to you and others?

I spoke through my servants did you listen to them or did you try to wear them down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A New World

May 21, 2014
CA
✟8,451.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your forgetting that you are asserting that I should use scripture to prove scripture. This is circular reasoning.

No, I don't believe it's circular. I accept only Scripture as the infallible Word of God. Therefore I must test what anyone says by Scripture. If what is asserted contradicts Scripture I am compelled to reject the assertion.

My words that I testify are scripture and they don't oppose scripture, but are revelation that the Holy Ghost inspired.

I certainly can't control your opinion that your words are scripture. I can only control what I accept. I think it would be irresponsible for me to trust any modern man's opinion.

Your asking me to prove my testimony using scripture then in that case my words have not been inspired as new revelation but just a copy from the 1st century writers.

There are no new revelations today. I'm not asking more from you than I ask from anyone else. And, I expect you to test my words by God's revealed Word also. Scripture is the standard of truth.

If you follow what you told me in your previous posts on one hand you tell me that I haven't stated anything out of the 4 from 5 points that has not yet been revealed then further down your saying that my testimony cannot be referenced by the 1st century writers.

So which one will it be, either one or the other, certainly not both, come on please!

I think you misunderstood. Let me try again.
Here's my point: The first four points you listed are not secrets from God. They are not unique to you, they are views held by a growing number of Christians. Your fifth point on the list is one for which I find no scriptural support.

If I told you everything that Christ has revealed to me you would think that I am mad and before even considering what I will tell you, you would have already made up your mind and will search scriptures to prove me wrong, rather than having an open mind to see if there is truth to what I have testifies.

I don't believe that God reveals anything to man other than what is revealed in Scripture. That principle has kept me from following well conceived plans of men. I have studied various cults and cult leaders. One thing they all have in common is they reject Scripture as the final authority.

I will never be deceived by the Charles Manson, Jim Jones, David Koresh types. I would have tested what they said by the Word of God and I would have ran the other way.

For example if I told you the Lord has shown to me:

1) Satan
2) Satan's bottomless pit prison
3) Satan's release
4) Satan's John the Baptist like servant who prepares his way and when he comes before his master. By the way he is here already.
5) The imminent decree from God to kill Satan
6) The imminent destruction of earth visually and spoken.
7) the state of the earth after God has reigned terror on it.
8) the last battle fought as mentioned in Joel 2:1-12
9) the brilliant coming of the Lord when he sounds the seventh trumpet.
10) the post resurrection experience as Angels

These are only a small fraction what has been shown.

I categorically reject all of the above. It's nothing personal, I would reject any human opinion that is contrary to God's Word.

We are living in the period in between 1260 to 1290 and 1290 will signal the second coming doctrine but that will not be the risen Lord but the counterfeit artist the devil and then when he is exposed post 1290 he as the beast of the bottomless pit will try to erase the true church just as Jezebel tried.

This is another example of pure speculation. I often tell people who make wild speculations that they're fortunate we aren't living under the Law of Moses.

This is the standard to which their prophets were held:
"But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die" (Deut. 18:20).

I don't think there were a lot of people in that day making claims hoping they would be fulfilled. Their lives depended on their accuracy.

Are we going to see supernatural events? Sure we are.

Have I seen Angels?

Yes I have when awake and when asleep.

Are the Angels going to take the war on earth?

Yes because the words spoken to me are:

Lord go and kill Satan.

The history of the fallen angelic hosts have always been restricted to the confines of earth times and space and when the good Angels are given their orders they are going to attack those on earth and I have seen this vision to.

You and I and the rest of the world will be in their cross fire. But in that time you can search the 1st century scriptures for someone to interpret these events and you will find none, except a few that it has been given to who are living today just like the disciples were living in their time when they made the call to evacuate Jerusalem before the Roman onslaught.

If you can not find it in the 1st century writers then where will you get your answers, or will you like others say what on earth is going on and why did you not warn us.

How is God going to reply to you and others?

I spoke through my servants did you listen to them or did you try to wear them down.

I feel absolutely compelled to study God's Word, try to live accordingly, and share the gospel with a lost and dying world.

On the other hand, I am confident that I'm not required to spend any energy on the imaginations of modern men.

I am prepared to pursue the truth of God's Word wherever that leads.

God bless you brother and I hope you find that for which you seek.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, I don't believe it's circular. I accept only Scripture as the infallible Word of God. Therefore I must test what anyone says by Scripture. If what is asserted contradicts Scripture I am compelled to reject the assertion.

I certainly can't control your opinion that your words are scripture. I can only control what I accept. I think it would be irresponsible for me to trust any modern man's opinion.

There are no new revelations today. I'm not asking more from you than I ask from anyone else. And, I expect you to test my words by God's revealed Word also. Scripture is the standard of truth.

I think you misunderstood. Let me try again.
Here's my point: The first four points you listed are not secrets from God. They are not unique to you, they are views held by a growing number of Christians. Your fifth point on the list is one for which I find no scriptural support.

I don't believe that God reveals anything to man other than what is revealed in Scripture. That principle has kept me from following well conceived plans of men. I have studied various cults and cult leaders. One thing they all have in common is they reject Scripture as the final authority.

I will never be deceived by the Charles Manson, Jim Jones, David Koresh types. I would have tested what they said by the Word of God and I would have ran the other way.

I categorically reject all of the above. It's nothing personal, I would reject any human opinion that is contrary to God's Word.

This is another example of pure speculation. I often tell people who make wild speculations that they're fortunate we aren't living under the Law of Moses.

This is the standard to which their prophets were held:
"But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die" (Deut. 18:20).

I don't think there were a lot of people in that day making claims hoping they would be fulfilled. Their lives depended on their accuracy.

I feel absolutely compelled to study God's Word, try to live accordingly, and share the gospel with a lost and dying world.

On the other hand, I am confident that I'm not required to spend any energy on the imaginations of modern men.

I am prepared to pursue the truth of God's Word wherever that leads.

God bless you brother and I hope you find that for which you seek.

As I stated before I am not saying that scripture isn't AN AUTHORITY to test with but where I differ is that it is NOT THE AUTHORITY. The authority is the Holy Ghost who guides a believer through life's experiences in their walk with God. The Spirit is the final authority and as I stated before I believe in the present power of God in me as a Christian.

God declares I will put my laws in their hearts and my Spirit in them and they will dream dreams and prophesy. The apostles did just that as the 1st hour workmen, but the power of God didn't stop with them. The buck so to speak didn't stop with them. We are living in the here and now and their testimony should be used as secondary sources to compliment our testimonies as a primary source and not the other way around, otherwise we walk not by faith alone when we are forever continually referring to the written apostolic sources as the be all and end all for the inspired works of God.

The danger of Christians making the apostolic writings as the one and only primary source in their walk with God, as they are growing in faith and knowledge results in those very writings ultimately becoming a form of written law. In this manner the scriptures which become solely revered and are internalised as a form of written law onto many and this definitely is not the intention of God or the 1st century writers. Jesus even warned the Pharisees of the trap that they intricately built up for themselves and listen to the words of Jesus:

John 5:39-40
You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

The real danger that many fall into to is when they make the scriptures the sole primary authority over and above the present authority of God in us, by refusing to come to the source of all authority and asking him, that is knock and the door shall be opened and ask and an answer shall be given. The scriptures therefore become a form of Pharisaical written law that puts a believer in a Mosaiac frame of mind and this becomes a huge obstacle to knowing God because the believers are forever looking outwardly for guidance and counselling by being continually weaned on milk and forget about the authority who is inside of them.

1 John 4:4
Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world

The 1st century writings are supposed to be used as a stepping stone to getting to know from the experiences of the 1st century apostles how a new believer can begin their walk with God. The writings are a form of milk and when a person grows in faith their food becomes solid and founded on their own experiences and not the experiences of others such as the apostles who weaned many believers on milk. Does a 40 year old still drink milk as the primary source of food?

Certainly not. So is our walk with God in which we get weaned of milk and then onto solid food by the Holy Ghost who then becomes our primary source. When we have reached a faith unmovable then we become a primary source to many new comers to Christ and this is how Christianity has been working for the last 2000 years.

When you previously asked for other writings other than the 1st century apostolic, I thought you were joking. I though you actually wanted me to put on a blind fold on my eyes to completely forget the facts that it is post 1st century Christianity that preached the word to enable us today to be adherents to Christ and his word. We are living testimonies of the works of God through inspired Christains who far out numbered the 1st century apostles. If it was the 1st century writings and that is it, we would not be standing here talking about Christ and the Christian religion. So we need to really understand that we are here because of the 3rd, 6th, 9th hour workmen as sole primary source to our faith today, least we forget that they bled for us as martyrs. Maybe we should at least respect this final word from the only authority you recognise, let us refer to John:

John 14:12
truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A New World

May 21, 2014
CA
✟8,451.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I stated before I am not saying that scripture isn't AN AUTHORITY to test with but where I differ is that it is NOT THE AUTHORITY. The authority is the Holy Ghost who guides a believer through life's experiences in their walk with God. The Spirit is the final authority and as I stated before I believe in the present power of God in me as a Christian.

God declares I will put my laws in their hearts and my Spirit in them and they will dream dreams and prophesy. The apostles did just that as the 1st hour workmen, but the power of God didn't stop with them. The buck so to speak didn't stop with them. We are living in the here and now and their testimony should be used as secondary sources to compliment our testimonies as a primary source and not the other way around, otherwise we walk not by faith alone when we are forever continually referring to the written apostolic sources as the be all and end all for the inspired works of God.

The danger of Christians making the apostolic writings as the one and only primary source in their walk with God, as they are growing in faith and knowledge results in those very writings ultimately becoming a form of written law. In this manner the scriptures which become solely revered and are internalised as a form of written law onto many and this definitely is not the intention of God or the 1st century writers. Jesus even warned the Pharisees of the trap that they intricately built up for themselves and listen to the words of Jesus:

John 5:39-40
You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

The real danger that many fall into to is when they make the scriptures the sole primary authority over and above the present authority of God in us, by refusing to come to the source of all authority and asking him, that is knock and the door shall be opened and ask and an answer shall be given. The scriptures therefore become a form of Pharisaical written law that puts a believer in a Mosaiac frame of mind and this becomes a huge obstacle to knowing God because the believers are forever looking outwardly for guidance and counselling by being continually weaned on milk and forget about the authority who is inside of them.

1 John 4:4
Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world

The 1st century writings are supposed to be used as a stepping stone to getting to know from the experiences of the 1st century apostles how a new believer can begin their walk with God. The writings are a form of milk and when a person grows in faith their food becomes solid and founded on their own experiences and not the experiences of others such as the apostles who weaned many believers on milk. Does a 40 year old still drink milk as the primary source of food?

Certainly not. So is our walk with God in which we get weaned of milk and then onto solid food by the Holy Ghost who then becomes our primary source. When we have reached a faith unmovable then we become a primary source to many new comers to Christ and this is how Christianity has been working for the last 2000 years.

When you previously asked for other writings other than the 1st century apostolic, I thought you were joking. I though you actually wanted me to put on a blind fold on my eyes to completely forget the facts that it is post 1st century Christianity that preached the word to enable us today to be adherents to Christ and his word. We are living testimonies of the works of God through inspired Christains who far out numbered the 1st century apostles. If it was the 1st century writings and that is it, we would not be standing here talking about Christ and the Christian religion. So we need to really understand that we are here because of the 3rd, 6th, 9th hour workmen as sole primary source to our faith today, least we forget that they bled for us as martyrs. Maybe we should at least respect this final word from the only authority you recognise, let us refer to John:

John 14:12
truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father

I think I understand what you're saying. And, I agree with you to a certain point. I do believe that Scripture is the ultimate authority. But, I'm not ignoring the work of God in the lives of His people over past two millennia. I do believe that He has written His law in our hearts and on our minds and that we're led by the Spirit. I also believe that salvation is a modern miracle performed by God in individual lives every day.

I don't believe that God gives new revelations today. Men are saved today by the preaching of the gospel as it was revealed through Jesus and His apostles.

Though I am required to believe God's Word, I don't think I'm required to accept another brother's claim that Jesus has spoken to him personally.

Question: Do you accept everything a fellow believer tells you if they say it's from God?
Whether you answer yes or no, what do you use as your criteria?

I don't believe our age will end. I believe we live in the eternal kingdom of God under the New Covenant. And, the reason I believe that is I find it taught in the pages of Scripture.

If you really believe men receive new revelation today I warn you to be very cautious. People who accept new revelations have been known to be led away from truth. Test everything anyone says by Scripture. That's the best advice I can give anyone.

God bless you brother and the honest pursuit of truth.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think I understand what you're saying. And, I agree with you to a certain point. I do believe that Scripture is the ultimate authority. But, I'm not ignoring the work of God in the lives of His people over past two millennia. I do believe that He has written His law in our hearts and on our minds and that we're led by the Spirit. I also believe that salvation is a modern miracle performed by God in individual lives every day.

I don't believe that God gives new revelations today. Men are saved today by the preaching of the gospel as it was revealed through Jesus and His apostles.

Though I am required to believe God's Word, I don't think I'm required to accept another brother's claim that Jesus has spoken to him personally.

Question: Do you accept everything a fellow believer tells you if they say it's from God?
Whether you answer yes or no, what do you use as your criteria?

I don't believe our age will end. I believe we live in the eternal kingdom of God under the New Covenant. And, the reason I believe that is I find it taught in the pages of Scripture.

If you really believe men receive new revelation today I warn you to be very cautious. People who accept new revelations have been known to be led away from truth. Test everything anyone says by Scripture. That's the best advice I can give anyone.

God bless you brother and the honest pursuit of truth.

For example if we find ourself living in an event similar to 70AD where we cannot find an answer and a brother had once given a revelation, then it might just save us when we see it coming because it was seeded in our hearts and minds, even though we did not accepted it when it was preached. If the events turn out as the brother stated then the seed would have been already placed by the watchmen for that time and place similar to 70AD when the people saw it coming and they heeded the warning and ran for their lives. In a similar way the watchmen's worth is only in sounding the alarm when the enemy is approaching and then wait until that event is actually happening. If the people heed the warning, then good, and if they don't then the watchmen is not to blame. Either way the seed is placed and believers should be always on guard.

Having said that I do not expect anyone to believe my testimony at first but at least keep it in mind for the time when we are faced with what would once have been unbelievable and unexpected to our once held beliefs. My job is to warn many and to move on and not to recieve a following as it was in the 1st century church. They had their duties and I have mine. Sometimes when a person wants to survive they will search for every possible answer to their problem and it may be something that they completely rejected when it was spoken to them and I have come to the knowledge that this complete turn around is human nature at work, called survival. Just how many Christians in Jerusalem actually believed the message when it was first preached to them regarding the destruction of Jerusalem. They would all say no way, get out of here! You see those that reject the message when it is preached to them end up ultimately receiving it with both hands when their lives depend on it,

Thank you brother in Christ I will take your advice on board as well and put it on my mind.

Upvote 0

A New World

May 21, 2014
CA
✟8,451.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For example if we find ourself living in an event similar to 70AD where we cannot find an answer and a brother had once given a revelation, then it might just save us when we see it coming because it was seeded in our hearts and minds, even though we did not accepted it when it was preached. If the events turn out as the brother stated then the seed would have been already placed by the watchmen for that time and place similar to 70AD when the people saw it coming and they heeded the warning and ran for their lives. In a similar way the watchmen's worth is only in sounding the alarm when the enemy is approaching and then wait until that event is actually happening. If the people heed the warning, then good, and if they don't then the watchmen is not to blame. Either way the seed is placed and believers should be always on guard.

Having said that I do not expect anyone to believe my testimony at first but at least keep it in mind for the time when we are faced with what would once have been unbelievable and unexpected to our once held beliefs. My job is to warn many and to move on and not to recieve a following as it was in the 1st century church. They had their duties and I have mine. Sometimes when a person wants to survive they will search for every possible answer to their problem and it may be something that they completely rejected when it was spoken to them and I have come to the knowledge that this complete turn around is human nature at work, called survival. Just how many Christians in Jerusalem actually believed the message when it was first preached to them regarding the destruction of Jerusalem. They would all say no way, get out of here! You see those that reject the message when it is preached to them end up ultimately receiving it with both hands when their lives depend on it,

Thank you brother in Christ I will take your advice on board as well and put it on my mind.

After reading your latest post, I think you are simply involved in sharing your view of Scripture with fellow believers and you're calling it new revelation. I don't think you are actually receiving secrets or new ideas directly from God that are completely unforeseen in Scripture. I thought you originally said that your words are inspired and on par with Scripture. I hope I just misunderstood.

So, if you were to tell me that an event like AD 70 is imminent in our day I would ask you to give me scriptural support to back up your opinion. Then a discussion would follow based on Scripture. Neither of us would be bound to accept the others view. However, if you were actually inspired by God to warn me of imminent judgment and I failed to listen I would be guilty of rejecting God's Word. I don't believe anyone speaks for God except the inspired authors of Scripture.

May God bless and keep you brother

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums