ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I should have been more clear in my remarks. I split your post into two parts. I replied with my opinion to the first of your remarks. And my comment as to respecting your personal testimony pertained to your remarks that were put into quote brackets beneath that statement. :)
Well do you understand why we do not think ourselves worthy?

We are worthy because of the love and shed blood of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sin.

It is through the forgiveness of sin that Jesus reconciles us back to God Himself.

WIth the forgiveness of my sin by my Savior Jesus Christ, I am worthy. The Father when He see's me on Judgement Day will not see me and my terrible sin. That has all been washed away by the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross. Where He took ALL MY SIN upon Himself to conquer sin.

The Father will see in me His perfect Beloved Son who has made me worthy of that for which I do not deserve, but have been given as a gift of love and grace.

That is why the Bible tells us that "we know how to love (agape love, not expecting in return anything) because HE loved (agape love, not expecting anything in return) us first."

Agape love is selfless love. When one does not expect to receive, but gives for someone else's benefit.

Everything that Jesus asks of us, He has done first.

If you can invision this scenario. This is what we have in Jesus CHrist as our advocate to the Father.

On Judgement Day we stand in front of God and our whole life is looked at. Every terrible, disgusting thing we have ever done.

BUT

When it comes time for a Holy God to impart wrath for sin (which is not holy), Jesus says "this one is mine" and Jesus stands in for us. We are not judged for what we did, but we are judged with Jesus Christ in our place.

The Father looks at His Holy Son with love and says "Your sacrifice for sin is enough" to settle all this one's sin. Your righteousness has made THEM holy.

I have given them to You and they are yours.

That's how that will go down for us saved by the blood of Jesus Christ. He is our Advocate to the Father.

John 14:6

6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. 7 "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshuas_My_Freedom

Put your faith in charge, not your fears!
Oct 12, 2015
✟10,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's why I stated I respect your personal testimony.
I understand your defending your belief and understanding as to why you're not worthy.

My testimony does not concur.

Well do you understand why we do not think ourselves worthy? We are worthy because of the love and shed blood of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sin.

It is through the forgiveness of sin that Jesus reconciles us back to God Himself.

WIth the forgiveness of my sin by my Savior Jesus Christ, I am worthy. The Father when He see's me on Judgement Day will not see me and my terrible sin. That has all been washed away by the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross. Where He took ALL MY SIN upon Himself to conquer sin.

The Father will see in me His perfect Beloved Son who has made me worthy of that for which I do not deserve, but have been given as a gift of love and grace.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's why I stated I respect your personal testimony.
I understand your defending your belief and understanding as to why you're not worthy.

My testimony does not concur.
It does confuse me though because your belief icon says 'Christian'. I am not doubting that, but only confused as to why you do not see that through Christ you have what I have.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
You do not think that when Christ forgives your sin He makes you worthy? Sin is what separates God and man. So who else can forgive sin? What are your other options, if not Christ.

When you stand in front of the Father on Judgement Day, you do not think that Jesus righteousness will stand in your place? You do not think that ONLY HE will make you worthy on Judgement Day?

NO MAN COMES TO THE FATHER, BUT BY HIM.
That's what I wrote in the full context, that the blood makes one worthy of entering the presence of God the Father. But to be given the blood of Jesus, takes another kind of worth, or value.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
The reason I set up this thread is because of my experience of repenting and being forgiven at home in the eighties. I was uplifted and at peace, everything looked new and fine. Then I went back to church, and some things went wrong. I had to recall my sins to confess them. This caused me stress and it was like a band around my head. Then in mass we prayed in unison, "Lord I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed." this was a bit depressing. Later, despite minor errors, in confession the priest said, "now say you are sorry for sins"... and this was against the grain of deep strong happiness. Along the same lines was praying the Rosary's sorrowful mysteries.

I now no longer pray into sadness or depression or against peace. And devised this thread.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's what I wrote in the full context, that the blood makes one worthy of entering the presence of God the Father. But to be given the blood of Jesus, takes another kind of worth, or value.
What is that?

What other worth and value is there that Jesus died for the Holy Spirit to indwell us?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
What is that?

What other worth and value is there that Jesus died for the Holy Spirit to indwell us?
To become worthy of entering the Father's throne room presence, we need receive Jesus blood, but for Jesus to give us the sacrifice of his blood, we simply had to be sinners and the love of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit led to grace so instead of dying only for good men, Jesus died for sinners according to the Father. Love and gracious sacrifice and Jesus blood, Jesus counted it worth the effort.

Do you think Jesus only thought it worth while only after the conversions?

We are worth something for being in God's image and likeness, made of his breath. Body, and eternal soul, spirit.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First, I would say, Jesus went to Calvary and died for us, because our Father is worthy of such obedience of Jesus. So, most of all, it was because our Father is worthy of His Son's obedience.

Also, as Albion said earlier here, it was worthwhile for Jesus to so suffer and die for us. But while Jesus gave Himself for us, Paul says, "we were enemies" > in Romans 5:10. So, I can understand that if "we were enemies", we were not worthy of Jesus suffering for us, while "we were enemies". But Jesus loved us, even then, and so Jesus was willing to so suffer and die for us.

But this is not something to get depressed and guilt-tripped about, but we should be thankful that Jesus did all He did for us, even while we were not His brothers and sisters.

Paul says, Jesus "loved me, and gave Himself for me," in Galatians 2:20. So, Jesus did it with love for us, though we were His "enemies" while we were living in sin.

But that is past if we have "first trusted in Christ" (Ephesians 1:12); so now, if we have become adopted to be God's children, that is past and we have no need to keep on feeling like we are sinners, if we have trusted in Jesus.

Also, in God's love we are becoming more and more how Jesus is >

"Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)

So, as we become more real in His love and how He has us loving like He does, we grow in sharing with Jesus in us making us "as He is" "in this world" > and Jesus is worthy, sharing this with us :)

So, if we are still feeling unworthy, we need to seek our Father for His correction > Hebrews 12:4-11 > so we become "partakers of His holiness", and then in His holiness we will also share in His worthiness which is in His love "in our hearts" (Romans 5:5). In His love we become "as He is" "in this world", and He is worthy :)

And Jesus knew He would do this with us, after He suffered and died for us; so this was worth it, for Him, knowing that though at that time we were His "enemies", our Father would then take us and cure us in His love so we become His children pleasing to Him like Jesus is so delighting to our Father.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
To become worthy of entering the Father's throne room presence, we need receive Jesus blood, but for Jesus to give us the sacrifice of his blood, we simply had to be sinners and the love of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit led to grace so instead of dying only for good men, Jesus died for sinners according to the Father. Love and gracious sacrifice and Jesus blood, Jesus counted it worth the effort.

Do you think Jesus only thought it worth while only after the conversions?

We are worth something for being in God's image and likeness, made of his breath. Body, and eternal soul, spirit.

You have two concepts here.

Or so it seems to me, which is why I am asking.

Jesus said it is finished.

The Father raised Jesus from the dead in ressurrection, so God accepted Jesus taking the wrath for our sin.

maybe it was your wording

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
First, I would say, Jesus went to Calvary and died for us, because our Father is worthy of such obedience of Jesus. So, most of all, it was because our Father is worthy of His Son's obedience.

Also, as Albion said earlier here, it was worthwhile for Jesus to so suffer and die for us. But while Jesus gave Himself for us, Paul says, "we were enemies" > in Romans 5:10. So, I can understand that if "we were enemies", we were not worthy of Jesus suffering for us, while "we were enemies". But Jesus loved us, even then, and so Jesus was willing to so suffer and die for us.

But this is not something to get depressed and guilt-tripped about, but we should be thankful that Jesus did all He did for us, even while we were not His brothers and sisters.

Paul says, Jesus "loved me, and gave Himself for me," in Galatians 2:20. So, Jesus did it with love for us, though we were His "enemies" while we were living in sin.

But that is past if we have "first trusted in Christ" (Ephesians 1:12); so now, if we have become adopted to be God's children, that is past and we have no need to keep on feeling like we are sinners, if we have trusted in Jesus.

Also, in God's love we are becoming more and more how Jesus is >

"Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)

So, as we become more real in His love and how He has us loving like He does, we grow in sharing with Jesus in us making us "as He is" "in this world" > and Jesus is worthy, sharing this with us :)

So, if we are still feeling unworthy, we need to seek our Father for His correction > Hebrews 12:4-11 > so we become "partakers of His holiness", and then in His holiness we will also share in His worthiness which is in His love "in our hearts" (Romans 5:5). In His love we become "as He is" "in this world", and He is worthy :)

And Jesus knew He would do this with us, after He suffered and died for us; so this was worth it, for Him, knowing that though at that time we were His "enemies", our Father would then take us and cure us in His love so we become His children pleasing to Him like Jesus is so delighting to our Father.
Jesus said in John that if we remain in his love, the father will love us... but we know that there is a love for us in the Father even before this. He loved us while we were enemies, and I believe love and worth go together, even as enemies before knowing Christ, God loved us and we were worth a lot to him then.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums