ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think the word 'worthy' is probably not the best word for this discussion because I can see both sides of this coin being correct depending how you look at it.

We could look at it as, the Son of God has made us worthy, because He died for our sins. So, no matter how we see ourselves, God has said in this act that we are worth more than anything on this earth. We are so important that God Himself came down from heaven and suffered for us. In that respect, I think God Himself has shown that we are worthy (in His eyes, through His action of love).

On the other side of the coin. We ourselves, in ourselves are not worthy of the gift that Jesus has given us. Since there is nothing we can do for ourselves to earn it or to make things right between us and God in our own right, we realizes that we are not worthy, but it is by God's grace.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think the word 'worthy' is probably not the best word for this discussion because I can see both sides of this coin being correct depending how you look at it.

We could look at it as, the Son of God has made us worthy, because He died for our sins. So, no matter how we see ourselves, God has said in this act that we are worth more than anything on this earth. We are so important that God Himself came down from heaven and suffered for us. In that respect, I think God Himself has shown that we are worthy (in His eyes, through His action of love).

On the other side of the coin. We ourselves, in ourselves are not worthy of the gift that Jesus has given us. Since there is nothing we can do for ourselves to earn it or to make things right between us and God in our own right, we realizes that we are not worthy, but it is by God's grace.

If we say that we are worthy because God see's us as important enough to die for, than in God's eyes we are extremely valuable.

If we say that we are worthy because of anything we did, than that is not true because we did nothing but accept His gift of grace.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor

If we say that we are worthy because God see's us as important enough to die for, than in God's eyes we are extremely valuable.

If we say that we are worthy because of anything we did, than that is not true because we did nothing but accept His gift of grace.

I see an unchanging worth or value in people, even the sinners. And a becoming worthy of taking the plough as ones who do not waver or look back.

Parallel to love from God, we cannot earn more or sin to be loved less, we cannot become worth more or less.
God is no respector of persons.

But when does the work of the cross make a difference to a person? When they receive Jesus' blood or when they hear about it, or just because it happened?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I am beginning to think of a third kind of worthy, that Jesus' blood makes us worthy of. In the first place we are desirable for Jesus to make the sacrifice. And Jesus told us the Father is pleased to give the Kingdom to us, and the question is asked that if if God gave us Jesus, how much more all other things?

We come to the cross, and there is provision of grace for us. We are not as intended, but by the blood of Jesus, we leave our burden there and walk away as intended and can enjoy God's love and living water.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"Worthy" is not the best word in English because it implies an inherent characteristic. A better word is "valued," which implies complete intention of the person making the value judgment rather than the object itself.

For instance, I have a 40-year-old wool scarf--which has a moth hole in the middle of it. For some reason even I can't identify, I highly value that old scarf. That old scarf is valued by me, even though I can't even give it to Salvation Army. Nobody else understands why I value that scarf--it has no "worth" in itself.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I see an unchanging worth or value in people, even the sinners. And a becoming worthy of taking the plough as ones who do not waver or look back.

Parallel to love from God, we cannot earn more or sin to be loved less, we cannot become worth more or less.
God is no respector of persons.

But when does the work of the cross make a difference to a person?
When they receive Jesus' blood or when they hear about it, or just because it happened?

Well the Bible is clear that we must believe. It is faith.

Faith in Jesus that He is the Son of God who conquered sin by living a sinless life. It is only Jesus that could have done that. Only God could have done that.

So, do I think that I am worthy of God Himself dying?

I think that ONLY through the righteousness of Jesus Christ am I MADE worthy. I do not need to be worthy in my own right. I am worthy in Jesus Christ because He has made me worthy.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"Worthy" is not the best word in English because it implies an inherent characteristic. A better word is "valued," which implies complete intention of the person making the value judgment rather than the object itself.

For instance, I have a 40-year-old wool scarf--which has a moth hole in the middle of it. For some reason even I can't identify, I highly value that old scarf. That old scarf is valued by me, even though I can't even give it to Salvation Army. Nobody else understands why I value that scarf--it has no "worth" in itself.
I agree.

The Lord Jesus has placed the highest value on me because He has died for me and claimed me as one of His own.

Upvote 0

Yeshuas_My_Freedom

Put your faith in charge, not your fears!
Oct 12, 2015
✟10,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Good day, I hold the view, that because Christ was obedient to the Father in Heaven to die for us, that he counted us worthy of the effort.

Some think the work made us worthy, but I am sure that Christ considered his friends worth dying for. He loved us and held us precious.
I never do understand the mantra some in Christ speak or think to themselves on a regular basis; Lord, I know I'm not worthy.

It's like that which every moment of every day also believe they are a sinner moving about in the world. While holding to the robes of Christ who died to make them a saint. God remembers my sins no more. But I'm a sinner every single day after Baptism.
Not exactly good publicity for the message of the cross.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am beginning to think of a third kind of worthy, that Jesus' blood makes us worthy of. In the first place we are desirable for Jesus to make the sacrifice. And Jesus told us the Father is pleased to give the Kingdom to us, and the question is asked that if if God gave us Jesus, how much more all other things?

We come to the cross, and there is provision of grace for us. We are not as intended, but by the blood of Jesus, we leave our burden there and walk away as intended and can enjoy God's love and living water.
What it is is that the Son of God died for our sins.

Never had the Son EVER been separated from the Father. That was until He took our sin. At that moment, the Father took His Holy wrath towards sin and put it all on His Son. For us.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I never do understand the mantra some in Christ speak or think to themselves on a regular basis; Lord, I know I'm not worthy.

It's like that which every moment of every day also believe they are a sinner moving about in the world. While holding to the robes of Christ who died to make them a saint. God remembers my sins no more. But I'm a sinner every single day after Baptism.
Not exactly good publicity for the message of the cross.
lol.

Well, God is not into publicity.

Jesus could have come in all His glory. But, He came not to glorify Himself, but as a servant. He was lowly and humble.

But that does not make Him any less God.

Christians are called to pick up on own cross in analogy and follow Christ. Who was Jesus Christ? God, who came as a servant. To serve mankind and reconcile us back to God.

I have NO PROBLEM being not worthy of my Lord's sacrifice, because in Him I will inherit the Kingdom of heaven.

The Father has given ALL to His Son. His Son has given all to me.

What more do I need? What more could I get that is more than what I have in Christ?

The BIble says "this is not my home. When I am with my Lord I will be home'. True dat.

Is it so hard to see that Christians pick up their cross and TRY (but fail misserably) at being like our Lord was?

Is it so hard to see that the KING has made me worthy, but I am called to become a servant. To serve others, in His name. For His glory. The One who made me worthy.

A servant does not look like much but I have His righteousness. To serve cloaked in the righteousness of Christ is my calling. And I do a terrible job. Thank you Jesus for Your righteousness!

It's all about the love. His love for me. My love for Him.

And one day I will be with Him forever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Well the Bible is clear that we must believe. It is faith.

Faith in Jesus that He is the Son of God who conquered sin by living a sinless life. It is only Jesus that could have done that. Only God could have done that.

So, do I think that I am worthy of God Himself dying?

I think that ONLY through the righteousness of Jesus Christ am I MADE worthy. I do not need to be worthy in my own right. I am worthy in Jesus Christ because He has made me worthy.
Made worthy? Why would God make you worthy? Some of the worth is there from the times God first thought of creating you, and you have worth being made of God's breath and being in his image and likeness.

On page one I use the dictionary to show that worth and value overlap. What is worth? Value.

Upvote 0

Yeshuas_My_Freedom

Oct 12, 2015
✟10,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
lol.

Well, God is not into publicity.
Sure he is. Look around at all that exists.
Look at the Bible he inspired to alert the world to his presence. And his rules. Look at Jesus who came to create the preaching that takes the message of God to the world.

I respect the personal testimony you've posted here. We can't debate on our personal relationship with God. It's personal. :)

Jesus could have come in all His glory. But, He came not to glorify Himself, but as a servant. He was lowly and humble.

But that does not make Him any less God.

Christians are called to pick up on own cross in analogy and follow Christ. Who was Jesus Christ? God, who came as a servant. To serve mankind and reconcile us back to God.

I have NO PROBLEM being not worthy of my Lord's sacrifice, because in Him I will inherit the Kingdom of heaven.

The BIble says "this is not my home. When I am with my Lord I will be home'. True dat.

Is it so hard to see that Christians pick up their cross and TRY (but fail misserably) at being like our Lord was?

Is it so hard to see that the KING has made me worthy, but I am called to become a servant. To serve others, in His name. For His glory. The One who made me worthy.

A servant does not look like much but I have His righteousness. To serve cloaked in the righteousness of Christ is my calling. And I do a terrible job. Thank you Jesus for Your righteousness!

It's all about the love. His love for me. My love for Him.

And one day I will be with Him forever.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Made worthy? Why would God make you worthy? Some of the worth is there from the times God first thought of creating you, and you have worth being made of God's breath and being in his image and likeness.

On page one I use the dictionary to show that worth and value overlap. What is worth? Value.

You do not think that God Himself separating Himself from the Father when He took our sins makes us worthy?

God is not Joe lump, lump.

Jesus sacrifice made us worth more than the earth.

If it is not Christ that makes you worthy, than you will never be worthy. A Holy God taking on sin is not a small thing.

Maybe re-think your position in Christ.

God did what was never done before. For you.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Look at the Bible he inspired to alert the world to his presence. And his rules. Look at Jesus who came to create the preaching that takes the message of God to the world.

I respect the personal testimony you've posted here. We can't debate on our personal relationship with God. It's personal. :)
Really?

So God being in infinate Glory in heaven, but leaving to endure pain and suffering was all about Him?

So he could write a book. And look good to us? That sounds like a bad deal on God's side.

Why would God who created all need to make Himself look good? All the angels in heaven glorify His Name. All of creation glorifies Him.

You think quite a lot of yourself. The Father sent His Son in love to die so YOU could spend eternity with Him. YOU. There was nothing in it for God but love.

You have it all wrong brother.

Your username would indicate that you have freedom in Christ, but you are not free. You do not understand God, His love or His sacrifice.

That is so sad. The saddest thing I've almost ever heard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I'd say love and worth, looking at us, from God's eyes, are together, parallel. We are made worthy of things by the blood of the Lamb. To enter God the Father's presence, to keep great responsibility. But to be given the blood, we are worth the effort, or God would not under go the work. God could see both us as we were fallen, and us as we can become, like holy angels.

If you value someone, it could be part of a love for someone. Value and worth are defined together in English.

What was Adam worth before and after the fall? When does the blood of the Lamb recover worth? Anticipation, because it is there, because it covers and fills, or after it has taken full effect inside the person's spirit, soul and body?

Two worths, worthy of the blood, and worthy of entering God the Father's presence. Two loves, as you are, and two, because you remain in Christ and his love. John 14-16.

I again affirm, it pleased the Father to give us the Kingdom. And if he gives this to us, he will give us anything else we ask for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Paul the apostle wrote: "I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels principalities nor powers, nor things that are now, nor things that are to come, can separate us from the love of God." Our lovableness and worth, in God, creator, recreator, do not change.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

You do not think that when Christ forgives your sin He makes you worthy? Sin is what separates God and man. So who else can forgive sin? What are your other options, if not Christ.

When you stand in front of the Father on Judgement Day, you do not think that Jesus righteousness will stand in your place? You do not think that ONLY HE will make you worthy on Judgement Day?

NO MAN COMES TO THE FATHER, BUT BY HIM.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'd say love and worth, looking at us, from God's eyes, are together, parallel. We are made worthy of things by the blood of the Lamb. To enter God the Father's presence, to keep great responsibility. But to be given the blood, we are worth the effort, or God would not under go the work. God could see both us as we were fallen, and us as we can become, like holy angels.

If you value someone, it could be part of a love for someone. Value and worth are defined together in English.

What was Adam worth before and after the fall? When does the blood of the Lamb recover worth? Anticipation, because it is there, because it covers and fills, or after it has taken full effect inside the person's spirit, soul and body?

Two worths, worthy of the blood, and worthy of entering God the Father's presence. Two loves, as you are, and two, because you remain in Christ and his love. John 14-16.

I again affirm, it pleased the Father to give us the Kingdom. And if he gives this to us, he will give us anything else we ask for.
Love and worth are not parrallel.

He LOVED US, first.

He MADE US WORTHY, first.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Well, you said that you did not understand why Christians did not consider themselves worthy or worth what God has done for them.

It is because it is a free gift, nothing that we could do or nothing that we could have earned for ourselves.

So I explained and now you reject my testimony as personal.

How do you ever hope to understand then?

Or was it a statement and not somthing that you wanted to understand?

Upvote 0

Yeshuas_My_Freedom

Oct 12, 2015
✟10,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I should have been more clear in my remarks. I split your post into two parts. I replied with my opinion to the first of your remarks. And my comment as to respecting your personal testimony pertained to your remarks that were put into quote brackets beneath that statement. :)

Well, you said that you did not understand why Christians did not consider themselves worthy or worth what God has done for them.

It is because it is a free gift, nothing that we could do or nothing that we could have earned for ourselves.

So I explained and now you reject my testimony as personal.

How do you ever hope to understand then?

Or was it a statement and not somthing that you wanted to understand?

Upvote 0