At least 4 people were killed in a Tulsa, Oklahoma, hospital campus shooting, police say

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Tulsa, Oklahoma, shooting: At least 4 people were killed on St. Francis Hospital campus, police say - CNN

At least four people were killed Wednesday in a shooting on a hospital campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma, police said in a news conference Wednesday evening.

The gunman is also dead, police said. Authorities believe the shooter's gunshot wound was self-inflicted, Tulsa Police Department Deputy Chief Eric Dalgleish said in the news conference.
Several people were also wounded, though no one has life-threatening injuries, police Capt. Richard Meulenberg told CNN on Wednesday night.

Link2
The gunman was not identified but was described as a Black male believed to be between 35 and 40 years old

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Tulsa, Oklahoma, shooting: At least 4 people were killed on St. Francis Hospital campus, police say - CNN

At least four people were killed Wednesday in a shooting on a hospital campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma, police said in a news conference Wednesday evening.

The gunman is also dead, police said. Authorities believe the shooter's gunshot wound was self-inflicted, Tulsa Police Department Deputy Chief Eric Dalgleish said in the news conference.
Several people were also wounded, though no one has life-threatening injuries, police Capt. Richard Meulenberg told CNN on Wednesday night.

Wait... so a bad guy with a gun stopped... the bad guy with a gun? Well, I guess somebody has to.

Link2
The gunman was not identified but was described as a Black male believed to be between 35 and 40 years old

Oh wait. This one doesn't count, guys. Carry on.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Did you guys ever make popcorn on the stove?
You turn the heat on, and you put a little oil in and then a whole bunch of kernels.
And you give it a shake from time to time.
After a while, the kernels start to sizzle.
And then, suddenly

POP!

One of them pops!

(even the rest of the kernels are going "Whoa! what just happened?!?!")
And then after a few more seconds

POP! POP!

and then

POP! POP! POP! POP!

and then

POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!

I don't know why some of the kernels pop a little early before the others, but if one goes and nothing changes, I know eventually they all join in even if they are a bit confused about it. And then I can have a nice big delicious pot of popcorn :)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
IMHO something very sinister is happening to these people to provoke them to carry out these heinous acts.
Did you guys ever make popcorn on the stove?
You turn the heat on, and you put a little oil in and then a whole bunch of kernels.
And you give it a shake from time to time.
After a while, the kernels start to sizzle.
And then, suddenly

POP!

One of them pops!

(even the rest of the kernels are going "Whoa! what just happened?!?!")
And then after a few more seconds

POP! POP!

and then

POP! POP! POP! POP!

and then

POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!POP! POP! POP! POP!

I don't know why some of the kernels pop a little early before the others, but if one goes and nothing changes, I know eventually they all join in even if they are a bit confused about it. And then I can have a nice big delicious pot of popcorn :)

QFT. Many do not see it though.:(

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
So far, no names have been released, but I've seen police say it was not random. So I'm guessing the perp and some of the victims were connected in some way. My crystal ball says we are likely to see the word "disgruntled". Whether the word after it is 'employee' or 'patient' remains to be seen.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
IMHO something very sinister is happening to these people to provoke them to carry out these heinous acts.

QFT. Many do not see it though.:(
Angry people with access to guns. That’s about as sinister as it gets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Angry people with access to guns. That’s about as sinister as it gets.

Popcorn with access to guns, coated with oil, burner on and a little shake here and there.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So far, no names have been released, but I've seen police say it was not random. So I'm guessing the perp and some of the victims were connected in some way. My crystal ball says we are likely to see the word "disgruntled". Whether the word after it is 'employee' or 'patient' remains to be seen.
I don't know. But, I watched a news clip that said this person was looking for a particular physcian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Assault-style weapon in deadly Tulsa medical facility shooting was bought that day, sources say

The assault-style weapon was an AR-15 style firearm, a source said. A different weapon -- a handgun -- was purchased on May 29, a source told CNN.

Investigators are working to determine the gunman's motive, although the shooting was not believed to be indiscriminate, Meulenberg told CNN's Don Lemon.

"He very purposefully went to this location, went to a very specific floor, and shot with very specific purpose," he said. "This was not a random shooting by this individual."

see also waiting periods.

States Imposing Waiting Periods for Purchases of All Firearms
  • California – 10 days14
  • District of Columbia – 10 days15
  • Florida – 3 days or the time it takes to complete required background checks, whichever occurs later16
  • Hawaii – 14 days17
  • Illinois – 72 hours 18
  • Rhode Island – 7 days19

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
My crystal ball says we are likely to see the word "disgruntled". Whether the word after it is 'employee' or 'patient' remains to be seen.

Gunman who killed 4 at Tulsa hospital was patient of doctor who is among the dead

The gunman who killed four people at a Tulsa hospital on Wednesday blamed a doctor at the facility for ongoing pain after back surgery and vowed to kill him and anyone who got in his way, police said Thursday.

Franklin told reporters that police recovered a letter the gunman had on him detailing how he was “killing Dr. Phillips and anyone who came in his way.”

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Gunman who killed 4 at Tulsa hospital was patient of doctor who is among the dead

The gunman who killed four people at a Tulsa hospital on Wednesday blamed a doctor at the facility for ongoing pain after back surgery and vowed to kill him and anyone who got in his way, police said Thursday.

Franklin told reporters that police recovered a letter the gunman had on him detailing how he was “killing Dr. Phillips and anyone who came in his way.”
Well there you have it, the motive. It was not random, but personal. But that does not excuse him.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When I was facing back surgery nearly four years ago, my doctor told me that there was a 70% chance it would reduce my pain enough for prescription pain meds to work, and a 30% chance the surgery would make no difference or make it worse. My own research had turned up the same likelihood.

But praise God, He healed my back miraculously and instantly.

I guess his doctor wasn't as blunt...or he wasn't paying attention.

And there might be a factor of medical debt after unsuccessful surgery as well.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I guess his doctor wasn't as blunt...or he wasn't paying attention.
It was the love of money. I'm a retired nurse and I have never seen anyone get healed from having back surgery. Doctors know this, but they will maim people with a surgery they know does not work for a steady income.

Upvote 0