Melbourne, Australia
✟51,337.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I just thought I would pose this question assuming the person passes away believing this faith ? Are Roman Catholics saved ?
This is really a hard question to respond to as the Roman Catholic denomination is located not only in Western countries, where they are regularly being held accountable by the mainline churches, but also are in remote Third Word regions where missionaries can often find it hard to distinguish between the local forms of Roman Catholicism and the witchcraft and occult practices that this denomination has been happy to accommodate.

When you talk to missionaries from these more remote regions, they often have to treat the local Roman Catholics in the same manner as they would with those who are fully involved in the old occultist practices. A good example of this is with the Philippines, where the Roman Catholics in the major cities are often little different to their mainstream brothers, but in the outlying regions most RC’s are little if any different from the pagan villagers.

Upvote 0

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I at one time I was taught without the baptism of the HS and speaking in tongues to know you were filled, you did not have the HS and were not born again, thus still unsaved.

I take it this group doesn't believe in this? That having the HS and walking with God differs from the baptism of the HS? Not trying to be tricky, just interested in others perspectives and their walks.

Upvote 0

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Roman Catholic Church is not a denomination. It is simply the Church. As for this "saved" idea, it is a false premise. No one is saved....yet. We're all working on it.

Oh ! The Roman Catholic Church is a non-denomination

Non-denomination are the catholic Church, right?

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Roman Catholic Church is not a denomination. It is simply the Church. As for this "saved" idea, it is a false premise. No one is saved....yet. We're all working on it.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Upvote 0

ltwin

May 17, 2012
SC
✟8,144.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I at one time I was taught without the baptism of the HS and speaking in tongues to know you were filled, you did not have the HS and were not born again, thus still unsaved.

That is false doctrine. On the day of Pentecost, the disciples had already had the Holy Spirit. They simply lacked the "gift of the Holy Spirit" or the "baptism of the Holy Spirit." They were commanded to wait in Jerusalem until they be "clothed with power" from on high. Today, Christians of all denominations continue to wait until they are "clothed with power." This is the baptism in the Holy Spirit.

I take it this group doesn't believe in this?

What group? Pentecostals or Roman Catholics?

Pentecostals by and large reject the idea that one must be baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues to be saved. There is a minority among Pentecostals (most notably the non-trinitarian variety) who believes this, but they are again outside of the mainstream of Pentecostals.

For Pentecostals, all the promises of God, including salvation, is by grace--which is appropriated through faith. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word.

Therefore, to be saved one must believe and repent. In repentance, we are water baptized. Following repentance and water baptism (per the biblical pattern found in Acts 2), we believe and expect to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, i.e. Spirit-baptism or the enduement with power.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, you can be saved, but you can loose your salvation. Galatians: Don't be mislead.. I know a person who was really born again and now he's an atheist, so at the moment he's not saved.

Upvote 0

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually no! You can choose to say no to God....n believe whatever you want...so I insist, it's personal.
A person that don't know God can't say no cause he doesn't see God at all in the first place.

I could say no straight into the empty air space. Thats easy but for what? It would be a waste of breath.

The reformed got it right.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,337.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Even though theologians often refer to our salvation as being “now but to come” or “we are both saved and being saved”, you should probably shoot over to one of the theology forums as you seem to be about 500 years behind virtually everyone else on this particular forum with regard to Salvation; when it comes to the Scriptures, you could add another 1500 years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,337.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Even though I shouldn’t dare to put any words into the OP mouth, I wonder if she is referring to the Roman Catholic charismatics or to the average traditionalists?

What I did notice, is that OP is an Australian and of course the Roman Catholic denomination is not really the flavour of the month here in Australia due to the incredible number of cases of child molestation by Roman Catholic priests. To compound our disgust, the current Roman Catholic archbishop recently admitted to a government committee (televised) that his predecessor had for years actively protected numerous paedophile rings. If he was alive today he would undoubtedly have been charged and sentenced to many years in jail – where he rightfully belongs.

Just prior to this admission by the head of the RC denomination here in Australia, the head of the Victorian branch made some very foolish remarks to the Victorian committee which went down like a ton of bricks; it seems that to him, the only sin was with the priests getting caught. So when you come across Australians making derogative remarks against this particular denomination, they will have to be viewed in the framework of the incredible number of heinous sins that the RC denomination has been covering up for countless decades in our country.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just thought I would pose this question assuming the person passes away believing this faith ? Are Roman Catholics saved ?

some "people" who have a genuine faith in the lord Jesus as the "ONLY " God and Savior and walk in loving obedience with him .. are most certainly saved .
are they saved by roman catholism ... ? according to the bible - NO.
no man , no denomination, no church , no man made teaching can save ...

for Jesus said " no man comes to the father but through me ".. to imply there is another way to be saved - is to call the lord Jesus a liar

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, you can be saved, but you can loose your salvation. Galatians: Don't be mislead.. I know a person who was really born again and now he's an atheist, so at the moment he's not saved.

in the true essence of atheism he is not an "atheist " .. , that is in the sense of,a "sect of people" ,rather,
he is a person in rebellion against God .. he has turned "anti God" . atheism is not a group -it is a state of heart.
since those who reject the grace of God shown to us in the lord Jesus are also rejecting the salvation of God - you are quite correct in saying that person is presently not saved .. but not beyond saving - where there is life - there is hope and God loves a contrite and repentant heart

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Knockinghard

Aug 14, 2013
✟535.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Very good Itwin. I agree with what you said. Christian is just a title. I do not believe the Disciples called themselves Christian. They were followers of Jesus and I know He did not call himself a Christian.

Large number of believers claim themselves as followers or disciples of Chirst! They are not!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.