Are human remains ever found with dinosaurs?

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Before I reply in full, is there any particular verse or verses that I need to read that are relevant or is it the whole thing?
Well ... it's mainly the whole thing; but I'll give you an overview.

In John 9, Jesus performs a miracle that the scientists of His day -- the Pharisees -- refused to believe.

Jesus restores a man's eyesight, and the Pharisees call the man in for some good old scientific scrutiny.

They ask him about it, and he claims: AND THEN A MIRACLE HAPPENED.

This, of course, doesn't wash with them ... (You can see why, right?) ... so they apply more scrutiny, even calling in the man's parents to run her through their peer review process.

In the end, they throw the man out, claiming he doesn't have the authority to tell them how miracles can trump scientific observation.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
In John 9, Jesus performs a miracle that the scientists of His day -- the Pharisees -- refused to believe.
Pharisees were a Jewish sect of Jesus' time, not scientists or even leaders, just a Jewish sect.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Well ... it's mainly the whole thing; but I'll give you an overview.

Jesus restores a man's eyesight, and the Pharisees call the man in for some good old scientific scrutiny.

They ask him about it, and he claims: AND THEN A MIRACLE HAPPENED.

This, of course, doesn't wash with them ... (You can see why, right?) ... so they apply more scrutiny, even calling in the man's parents to run her through their peer review process.

In the end, they throw the man out, claiming he doesn't have the authority to tell them how miracles can trump scientific observation.

The pharisees weren't scientists of their day, they were religious and sometime political leaders of Rabbinic Judaism who kept to a strict reading of the Talmud.

All you have done is show that, once again, you possess a stunningly poor understanding of... well, everything and you take pride in it.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pharisees were a Jewish sect of Jesus' time, not scientists or even leaders, just a Jewish sect.
They were the educated elite.

If they weren't the scientists, who were?

(Oh, I forgot. They were ignorant, Bronze Age, goat herding desert nomads, who couldn't read or write -- right?)

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

Well, sometimes political leaders, but probably more in like the guys who just badger an actual political leader to do their work for them.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
They were the educated elite.

If they weren't the scientists, who were?

(Oh, I forgot. They were ignorant, Bronze Age, goat herding desert nomads, who couldn't read or write -- right?)

You'll often find that the scientists of their day were alchemists and astronomers. There are more but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

• Agree
Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The pharisees weren't scientists of their day, they were religious and sometime political leaders of Rabbinic Judaism who kept to a strict reading of the Talmud.

All you have done is show that, once again, you possess a stunningly poor understanding of... well, everything and you take pride in it.
Fair enough.

Who were the scientists then?

The Sadducees? the common people? only the Romans?

Who?

If I'm so stunningly poor in my understanding ... stun me with your knowledge then.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Fair enough.

Who were the scientists then?

The Sadducees? the common people? only the Romans?

Who?

If I'm so stunningly poor in my understanding ... stun me with your knowledge then.

As I said in my other post, the scientists of their day would have been the alchemists, the astronomers and all of the other names that are on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, sometimes political leaders, but probably more in like the guys who just badger an actual political leader to do their work for them.
What's this edifice that's mentioned then?

2 Kings 22:14 So Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam, and Achbor, and Shaphan, and Asahiah, went unto Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvah, the son of Harhas, keeper of the wardrobe; ( now she dwelt in Jerusalem in the college; ) and they communed with her.

... the Capitol Building?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You'll often find that the scientists of their day were alchemists and astronomers. There are more but I can't remember them off the top of my head.
I see.

Alchemists and astronomers, but definitely not Pharisees. :doh:

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
What's this edifice that's mentioned then?

2 Kings 22:14 So Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam, and Achbor, and Shaphan, and Asahiah, went unto Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvah, the son of Harhas, keeper of the wardrobe; ( now she dwelt in Jerusalem in the college; ) and they communed with her.

... the Capitol Building?

The actual Hebrew for the KJV's 'college', 'mishneh' actually translates more closely to 'second quarter', meaning a part of the city not an actual building.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I see.

Alchemists and astronomers, but definitely not Pharisees. :doh:

Because the Pharisees were religious leaders who read the Talmud. They did not do science. I clearly said this above in black and white.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The actual Hebrew for the KJV's 'college', 'mishneh' actually translates more closely to 'second quarter', meaning a part of the city not an actual building.
IOW, their college took up a whole city block or two?

Imagine that!

And that without a McDonalds, Wendys, Arbys, Starbucks, Jack in the Box, IHOP, football field, and who knows what all else you find today?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
IOW, their college took up a whole city block or two?

Imagine that!

And that without a McDonalds, Wendys, Arbys, Starbucks, Jack in the Box, IHOP, football field, and who knows what all else you find today?

It wasn't a college. It was a part of the city, the second quarter of Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe the Pharisees sect was the only Jewish sect of Jesus' time that believed in an afterlife.
At least they weren't totally devoid of Scriptural wisdom, were they?

Like our colleges today.

Upvote 0