Are gentiles required to practice circumcision?

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do we all agree on what law is and how to follow it? We will when it is written on our hearts.
Does every man know God? Back to Jeremiah 31
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
On another thread, we cannot even agree on what is good and evil.
Marriage and divorce is a long conversation.

Upvote 0

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
As I said in my post above

This is found in Jeremiah 3, from the same prophet who was given the prophecy of the coming new Covenant.
writ of divorce is a 'get', so apparently G-d can divorce.

I agree with the prophet Jeremiah, divorce is possible, Pharisee Paul preaches the ministry called reconciliation. It is possible for a wife to return to her husband after the divorce or seperation, so as long as she does not marry another.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I agree with the prophet Jeremiah, divorce is possible, Pharisee Paul preaches the ministry called reconciliation. It is possible for a wife to return to her husband after the divorce or seperation, so as long as she does not marry another.
Where does Paul preach this?

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Deuteronomy 24:1-4

“When a man takes a wife and marries her, if then she finds no favor in his eyes because he has found some indecency in her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, and she departs out of his house, and if she goes and becomes another man's wife, and the latter man hates her and writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, or if the latter man dies, who took her to be his wife, then her former husband, who sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after she has been defiled, for that is an abomination before the Lord. And you shall not bring sin upon the land that the Lord your God is giving you for an inheritance.

----------------------------------------------------------
1 Corinthians 7:10-11

To the married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband (but if she does, she should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife.

------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 19:9

And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

-------------------------------------------------
Jeremiah 3:1

“If a man divorces his wife and she goes from him and becomes another man's wife, will he return to her? Would not that land be greatly polluted? You have played the harlot with many lovers; and would you return to me? declares the Lord.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We circumcise on the 8th days after a male child is born. Cutting the flesh and leaving a mark on the flesh. Even if a childs 8th day falls on a Sabbath.
Jesus corrected the incorrect pharisees many times. They charged him with breaking the law by healing a man on the Sabbath.
The circumcision is a mark of and for the covenant of "Life". vs dead
Leviticus 19
28-You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.

I feel personally if someone were to use the Torah or Law against a brother. If someone were to use gods word to accuse they have failed the law. Because the Law itself does not fail but the understanding of the Law and whole of the Torah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
We circumcise on the 8th days after a male child is born. Cutting the flesh and leaving a mark on the flesh. Even if a childs 8th day falls on a Sabbath.
Jesus corrected the incorrect pharisees many times. They charged him with breaking the law by healing a man on the Sabbath.
The circumcision is a mark of and for the covenant of "Life". vs dead
Leviticus 19
28-You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.

I feel personally if someone were to use the Torah or Law against a brother. If someone were to use gods word to accuse they have failed the law. Because the Law itself does not fail but the understanding of the Law and whole of the Torah.
Yep.. It is not up to us to use God's Word against our neighbor, but it is right to rightly divide the Word of God, and that takes understanding the Law. Not saying we are perfectly in understanding because our Lord wants to balance justice and mercy.

Upvote 0

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Where does Paul preach this?
2 Cor 5:18. Why is a divorce certificate given ONLY to Israel and not to her sister Judah? Jer 3:12 lets us know that G-d tells Jeremiah to tell Israel to return. Pharisee Paul
speaks about reconciliation, the covenant that is described in detail is the covenant made with Israel, only those that are married need a divorce certificate. What about the covenant with Judah? Why is it not described how it will be like Israel? There were two covenants, one to Sarah the other to hagar the Egyptian, Pharisee Paul calls himself a bondservant of Christ. A slave or bondservant can be sent away, back to her father's house without a divorce certificate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sevengreenbeans

Remember Yosef
Oct 4, 2012
New Mexico
✟16,597.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yet in the Torah, Moses asks that Judah return to his people.

Deuteronomy 33:7 "And this is the blessing of Judah: and he said, Hear, L-RD, the voice of Judah, and bring him in unto his people: let his hands be sufficient for him; and be you an help to him from his enemies."

Upvote 0

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Yet in the Torah, Moses asks that Judah return to his people.

Deuteronomy 33:7 "And this is the blessing of Judah: and he said, Hear, L-RD, the voice of Judah, and bring him in unto his people: let his hands be sufficient for him; and be you an help to him from his enemies."
Judah receives no divorce certificate. Judah is asked to rejoin Israel, this was stated ealier.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Does the Torah state that Israel received a divorce certificate? Since the Torah itself is considered the ketubah... if Israel is divorced, then the Torah is void for "her".
Israel received a divorce certificate, sign of her marriage to G-d through Moses and/or Jeremiah. Contrary to popular oppinion, divorce does not mean void, it simply means seperation. This is why the assets are seperated between the spouses. Each spouse is allowed to keep assets accumulated during the marriage.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hagar had a covenant or agreement with Abraham, but of course it is not a lawful marriage that require a divorce certificate during seperation.
No she didn't, she belonged to Sarah who gave her to her husband to have children through her. She was like a surrogate mother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
No she didn't, she belonged to Sarah who gave her to her husband to have children through her. She was like a surrogate mother.
Hagar's son Ishmael would be Abraham's firstborn and heir.Hagar was more than a surrogate mother as she was chosen to become his wife, they were intimate. Ishmael was always refered to as her own son and never Sarah's son.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
If you read the same prophet who speaks of Israel's divorce ALL THE WAY TO THE END of the book, you will see that by the end, God is once more professing his love for Israel. IOW, the divorce is something God speaks in anger, a moment of hyperbole, it is not literal.

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you read the same prophet who speaks of Israel's divorce ALL THE WAY TO THE END of the book, you will see that by the end, God is once more professing his love for Israel. IOW, the divorce is something God speaks in anger, a moment of hyperbole, it is not literal.
אמן

Upvote 0