Are gentiles required to practice circumcision?

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
If you read the same prophet who speaks of Israel's divorce ALL THE WAY TO THE END of the book, you will see that by the end, God is once more professing his love for Israel. IOW, the divorce is something God speaks in anger, a moment of hyperbole, it is not literal.
As stated earlier, during a legal divorce, a legal seperation period must occur. Counseling, reconciliation may occur during this
period until the divorce certificate is issued to the wife. Divorce simply means seperation, this is why the husband is not allowed to remarry after divorce or seperation. If he does he has committee adultery.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
If you read the same prophet who speaks of Israel's divorce ALL THE WAY TO THE END of the book, you will see that by the end, God is once more professing his love for Israel. IOW, the divorce is something God speaks in anger, a moment of hyperbole, it is not literal.

I disagree. If he had said he would divorce her (future) then he could change his mind if they repent. Jeremiah 3:8 makes it plain this was done in the past.

And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Isaiah 50:1
Thus saith the Lord, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.

And Hosea 2:2 first half of verse
Plead with your mother, plead: for she is not my wife, neither am I her husband:

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Does the Torah state that Israel received a divorce certificate? Since the Torah itself is considered the ketubah... if Israel is divorced, then the Torah is void for "her".

Israel could not go back to Yahweh under the same covenants until the blood debt was paid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Israel could not go back to Yahweh under the same covenants until the blood debt was paid.
Are you reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe or the Bible? This seems like a reference to "the old magic."

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Plead with your mother, plead: for she is not my wife, neither am I her husband:
The whole point of Hosea is that Hosea remains faithful to his wife even though she is a prostitute. In the same way, God remains faithful to Israel, even though Israel is unfaithful to God.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The whole point of Hosea is that Hosea remains faithful to his wife even though she is a prostitute. In the same way, God remains faithful to Israel, even though Israel is unfaithful to God.

Hosea was forbidden to put away his wife, who represented Judah, not Israel. God divorced Israel.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Hosea was forbidden to put away his wife, who represented Judah, not Israel. God divorced Israel.
When I say Israel, I'm not talking about the Northern Kingdom. I'm talking about the Children of Israel, all of them that remain.

Upvote 0

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I disagree. If he had said he would divorce her (future) then he could change his mind if they repent. Jeremiah 3:8 makes it plain this was done inWhwo
And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Thus saith the Lord, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.

Who is Israel's mother? She was not given a bill of divorce. Israel and Judah shall be gathered togethered together with one head. Israel received abill of divorce as a blessing, proof that she is married.
I disagree. If he had said he would divorce her (future) then he could change his mind if they repent. Jeremiah 3:8 makes it plain this was done in the past.

Who is Israel's mother qccording to the prophet Isaiah? She was never given a bill of divorce, Israel was given a

Who is Israel's mother accorring to the prophet Isaiah?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sevengreenbeans

Remember Yosef
Oct 4, 2012
New Mexico
✟16,597.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe that's what we're supposed to glean from the story of Hosea. It was Judah who was separated, known by his individual name, no longer associated by the name of his father, Israel (Jacob). Yet, Judah should return and not be "put away" permanently. Judah should return to his people, as Deuteronomy 33 states. This makes sense with what is written in Torah.

If YHWH "divorced" Israel (Jacob), then all promises made to Jacob are void. That doesn't make sense, according to your belief system, does it?

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe that's what we're supposed to glean from the story of Hosea. It was Judah who was separated, known by his individual name, no longer associated by the name of his father, Israel (Jacob). Yet, Judah should return and not be "put away" permanently. Judah should return to his people, as Deuteronomy 33 states. This makes sense with what is written in Torah.

If YHWH "divorced" Israel (Jacob), then all promises made to Jacob are void. That doesn't make sense, according to your belief system, does it?

Not my belief system, according to scripture. And true. This is why we must be grafted, or re-grafted, in the case of Israel into the olive tree which is Yeshua. It is also the reason for the need of the new covanent as Moses said in Deut.

Upvote 0

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Not my belief system, according to scripture. And true. This is why we must be grafted, or re-grafted, in the case of Israel into the olive tree which is Yeshua. It is also the reason for the need of the new covanent as Moses said in Deut.
Gomer was the mother of Hosea's sons, we know Gomer was a prostitute. APromise is made to Hosea's sons they shall become children of G-d. I guess a unfaithful wife is more righteous than an unmarried harlot. Yet Hosea married Gomer but the mother is not the L-rd's wife.

Upvote 0

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe that's what we're supposed to glean from the story of Hosea. It was Judah who was separated, known by his individual name, no longeGr associated by the ngame of his fher, Israel (Jacob). Yet, Judah should return and not be "put away" permanently. Judah should return to his people, as Deuteronomy 33 states. This makes sense with what is written in Torah.

Gomer has children that are not children of G-d. How can Gomer be called Hosea the prophet's wife? Is

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Gomer is married to a prophet, yet have sons that are not people of G-d. Some scholars argue that Gomer sons are not sons of Hosea. They did not have dna testing back then.
Gomer is married to Hosea.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Gomer is married to Hosea, what is the sign of her marriage to Hosea? Gomer is a prostitute, are her sons Hosea's children, they are named NOT people of G-d.

They are named as Yahweh told Hosea to name them. The names were chosen for a reason, and a sign to the Kingdom of Judah.

Upvote 0