Not open for further replies.

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
wrong I think he really was talking to christians ! but you just can't let it be . you can't seem to understand that the whole society is preaching your message from teachers to just everyone from tv commercials even cartoons preach it baby.. and all of us already heard it and had our fill of it and most of all we understand it and we rejected it and will continue to do so. you can't say that about JESUS ! they / you'alls don't know Him . you may know what people sort of want you to know about him or his book and willing to talk about around you'alls . but you'alls don't know him.

I'm very sorry, I don't see how this post is relevant except to vent. Which is fine. But, no. I don't know Jesus. I know of Him, but I do not know Him. You're not helping matters any, as I did not say anything about Jesus.

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟244,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm looking at these particular comments, accusations, testimonies, and I see a problem. They are not true.

Either that or you're wrong. It's no coincidence that Dawkins' entire forum has self-destructed, with atheists even lashing out at Dawkins himself when he tried to get it under control (e.g. here and here).

That being said, I haven't claimed that all atheists fall into this category. But the aggressive or militant atheists are clearly visible and acting in the ways described.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Either that or you're wrong. It's no coincidence that Dawkins' entire forum has self-destructed, with atheists even lashing out at Dawkins himself when he tried to get it under control (e.g. here and here).

Dawkins? You're aware that Dawkins is not the high priest of atheism as other Christians have claimed, right? Atheists do not necessarily follow Dawkins, nor do they necessarily agree with him on any particular subject, even the likelihood of the existence of gods. It is perfectly understandable that atheists would be upset at Dawkins for any number of reasons. Atheists are not a united group, nor do they wish to be.

And yes, I might be wrong. But it doesn't look that way, and my challenge is to show that you are not wrong. I still do not see truth in your claims and your accusations. You yourself implied, twice, that atheists are some united group. That is demonstrably incorrect as any atheist would happily tell you.

Understand, and speak truth.

That being said, I haven't claimed that all atheists fall into this category. But the aggressive or militant atheists are clearly visible and acting in the ways described.

You didn't claim otherwise, and it's quite easy to take the phrase "atheists are..." as being inclusive of all atheists if you do not do so.

Yes, aggressive atheists are aggressive. That is covered in the adjective "aggressive". I don't like the term militant atheist as none of us know what it means. Militant Islam, Militant Christianity, Militant atheism all use the adjective "militant" differently despite using the same context. Let's not use that adjective anymore. Let's call those people evangelical atheists.

There are aggressive Christians too. You can find several on this thread, and even more on this board. They are also clearly visible and act in the way the OP describes. Jerks are jerks regardless of their beliefs or lack thereof.

Do you understand that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mod Hat On

Thread closed permanently for SoP violation. This thread is not asking about Christianity and it's also a debate thread which is also not allowed here. Please read the Exploring Christianity SOP - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!! for more info on how this forum operates.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.