Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2005
✟16,757.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Weird thing happened to me last night...I went to Panera Bread to pick up dinner for my husband and I and I was leaving and walking to my car when I heard for a few seconds a voice that was talking and it sounded very near to me. I thought it was a woman, but it was not a particularily feminine voice. It was in a language I did not recognize. I spun around, expecting to see someone there talking, but no one was around at all. The parking lot was empty of people and the only cars were far away from mine.

I have been praying to receive and walk in spiritual gifts, so I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I KNOW I heard this voice, so I know I didn't make it up. It sounded like the person was right there near me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Pam

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Be very wary my dear sister, the enemy will try all the tricks in the book. If it was our Lord Jesus Christ, then the voice would have been audible and in a language that you understood.

You say that you were in an area of the car park of no people and cars far away, there are those who can project voices, the same as they can project their body.

The audible voices I've heard are the voices that had saved my life on a number ocassions, or through revelation at the specific time that I needed a word.

Anyway, as I said earlier be very wary, and if you search to find an answer, I can assure you our archenemy will gladly bait a hook for you.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gosh, that would freak me out I think!
I would bear in mind what FaultySurplus says...

I didn't recognize the voice so I didn't bother to answer.

Jesus says we, His sheep, will know His voice, so it couldn't have been Him.
And if God sends an angel they'd speak in a language you understand, so I'd be inclined to write it off as "spam."

One possibility - our minds, especially when tired or stressed, can play odd tricks sometimes...

Once when I was on night duty it was very hot during the day and I couldn't settle to sleep anywhere. Exhausted, I wandered round the house with my pillow in search of a cool spot. Finally I lay down, but a clock was ticking loudly and disturbing me.

I was confused - we didn't have any clocks that ticked! Small watches, digital or quartz clocks, but nothing that ticked. And it appeared to be in the room.

I hunted around - checking in cupboards...it was a rented place, maybe someone had left one somewhere, and suddenly it had started ticking?

Nothing. I told myself, "There is no clock!" but I could still hear it!!!
After a while it stopped, but now and again it would start again, and even though I knew it wasn't real, I could hear it.

That's the only time I am aware I've hallucinated, but although it was puzzling it wasn't alarming.

I hope you weren't too disturbed by this voice. If any unknown voice tries to speak to you again, tell it to speak English, and ask it who Jesus Christ is, or if it's bothering you command it to go away in His name.

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have, but not the Lord's voice.

When I was a teenager I woke up in the middle of the night. My room was freezing cold and there was a presence in my room, an evil presence. A shrill evil voice called my name repeatedly.

That was definitely a demon.

Then the last year I heard a voice right next to my head when I was praying a prayer of pain and desperation, but I couldn't make out what was said and I don't know where it came from.

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a couple of times. The first one was a the hotel room in Pensacola Florida when I had left the revivial service right in the middle of it.

I walked into my hotel room, turned on the TV and a voice said, "what is it in this world that you want?"

I broke, wept and returned to the service. It was a very broken experience.

The second time I will not discuss here.

One thing I will say...fear is not of God. The devil would love for us to be inwardly harboring terror or dread.

I would not worry about the voice.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hi all,

Weird thing happened to me last night...I went to Panera Bread to pick up dinner for my husband and I and I was leaving and walking to my car when I heard for a few seconds a voice that was talking and it sounded very near to me. I thought it was a woman, but it was not a particularily feminine voice. It was in a language I did not recognize. I spun around, expecting to see someone there talking, but no one was around at all. The parking lot was empty of people and the only cars were far away from mine.

I have been praying to receive and walk in spiritual gifts, so I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I KNOW I heard this voice, so I know I didn't make it up. It sounded like the person was right there near me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Pam

I've most of the time heard The Lord speak to me from within, not in my head or outside of it, so no I wouldn't give that voice you heard the time of day.

Normally when He speaks it is in prayer, but He has spoken to me in other situations also. For instance, I was walking in my church right after I had started attending it on a regular basis, and was about to open the door when The Lord spoke and said: "I desire that you have life and have it more abundantly."

Obvious scripture reference.

Another instance, I was walking back to my barracks when I was stationed overseas, and I was thinking about a particular extra biblical book that only had Syriac support to it, and all the sudden a voice rang throughout my being: "They will find a Greek manuscript for it." This voice reverberated through my entire being when HE spoke, and the most interesting thing, I caught myself sort of step back into time. I had to stop for a moment and catch my bearing. Eternity had spoken to me and it sort of yanked out of time very briefly.

That was very personal from The Father, and I was completely surprised that HE was aware of my thoughts that way, but HE was, and I will never forget that event.

I only mention these things as examples to you that you may have a reference point to go by in some way. Others on here can give examples also so that we are more aware of satan's counterfeits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 12, 2005
✟16,757.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, everyone!

Just so you know...this voice did not scare me in the slightest and I really felt like the voice was not talking to me. It almost sounded like I was allowed, for some reason, to eavesdrop on someone's conversation for a few seconds. I got the feeling the voice was talking to someone else, even though I only heard one voice. It did not sound at all threatening or anything like that.

Weird, huh?

Pam

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of the most important times had been 1995. Early September, a ripe month for such things wont to occur. Laying in bed, no one else in the room or nearby, wide awake, heard a voice call out one word to Moriah, a pretty word that sounded like a name. A word Moriah had never heard before until that moment. It bes definitely a name, the voice speaking bes calling to Moriah and calling it by that name.

Moriah wrote down the name as it sounded phonetically. The next day Moriah began to research the phonetics and discovered the name to be composed of two root words, one Hebrew and one Chaldean, both available in Strong's concordance with those dictionaries, no less. The meaning turned out to be as perfectly and absolutely fitting of Moriah's entire life and path as you could imagine, it could not have been more perfect if a professional linguist had invented it for Moriah to use. So from that day on it became the name by which Moriah got known, and many still know her by that name today.

Upvote 0

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
TWICE

First - "Surrender to Jesus" from a speaker in my room - all electrics were turned off - happened whilst praying.

Second - "Don't worry son, Its gonna be alright" - happened after a Visitation of the Spirit in my bedroom.

Both happened about 15 years ago.

Upvote 0

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Once, while shaving, about 10 years ago. All I heard was (in my mother tongue) "Those who are ashamed of me in front of people, I will be ashamed of him in front of My Father"

This came when I was just a new-born Christian, and was still wrestling with whether to tell my friends of my faith, or to keep it hidden. Let's just say, I followed the advice I heard, lost a whole heap of friends, and made a whole new bunch.

Oh..and btw...if you hear the voice calling your name, answer. That is how God called Samuel.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes, the Lord woke me up by calling my name over and over in a whisper. A voice came out of a crowd of voices and singled out my name. I got up and went to my dying mother and asked if she needed me. She said, "Oh! I was just talking to God and He gave me something I wanted to share with you and I just said to Him, "If only (my name) were here I would love to tell her!" With that, I came into the room and asked if she needed me!

I wondered after that, if God wanted me to hear her experience with God that early morning for a reason, or if I needed something from Him by being blessed in hearing His whispered voice calling my name. He assured me that the reason He called my name was to bless my mother, His servant, who He was bringing home to Him shortly. He was answering HER prayer, but He also knew I would obey Him.

It was a blessing indeed, all around!

I hope it happens again!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.