So I feel crazy for even asking this. But its stressing me out.

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,670.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, ive been talking to this friend of mine. She and I have been getting much closer recently, and we've discussed actually getting together as a couple. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I get this thought, telling me if I start dating her I will die. Now I wouldnt have thought anything of this, but this thought really seemed to be coming from somewhere BIGGER then me. Like it came out of gut? If that makes sense? Not a normal thought, more of a voice or an inner feeling. Is this God warning me? What is happening?? I feel crazy for even asking this.

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,670.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This topic seems taboo sometimes, but you need deliverance, sorry to say it, but you don't want to be some spirit 'plaything'.
That's not God.
Well if its just a spirit then idc, it can do its stupidity. I just wanted to make sure this isnt actually God warning me.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
This is common behavior with OCD. It can also be associated with hypervigilance. Negative thinking becomes a habit. What people consider their instincts or intuition is mostly their brain feeding their thinking habits back to them.

It's similar to the idea of a self-fulfilling prophecy. A person with low confidence will often believe things won't work out and they tend to interpret things as proof of that being true. So by believing they will fail they inadvertently end up making their failure more likely.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In case it is the devil, still you need to evaluate what you should do.

It could be a trick to get you overly concerned about her and your relationship, when actually we need to give attention to Jesus and God's word. And spend time with more mature Christians who get to know us and are good examples for us.

And be more attentive to loving and praying for other people. This can help get us away from our own isolating things. There are sins that keep us isolated with ourselves or with only one other person. We need to share as family with various other Christians.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So, ive been talking to this friend of mine. She and I have been getting much closer recently, and we've discussed actually getting together as a couple. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I get this thought, telling me if I start dating her I will die. Now I wouldnt have thought anything of this, but this thought really seemed to be coming from somewhere BIGGER then me. Like it came out of gut? If that makes sense? Not a normal thought, more of a voice or an inner feeling. Is this God warning me? What is happening?? I feel crazy for even asking this.
Maybe you suspect she's a black widow?

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The instance of God speaking to a person should not be so unusual or sensational.
If you set aside a time each morning to be with God in His word you'll have daily
instances of His conviction, seaking, guidance, and light shining into your conscience.

You should get into the habit of a time with the Lord Jesus each morning.
You'll find you have been missing much. And you will not think God touching you within is so sensational.
This should be to a believer as typical as a good nourishing breakfast.

Open up your Bible and muse prayerfully over some passages.
Add to your reading, comfession of known sins, praise, thanksgiving, and especially telling the Lord Jesus
that you thank Him for His salvation and love, and that you wish to know Him as Lord more.

Upvote 0