Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Cup? :sick:

Is it discrimination against urophiles if I think urophilia is disgusting and unsanitary? Had it been my sex advice column the pee-player had written to, I would have expressed what I think of that paraphilia using very direct language. Since it's Dan's column and since people write to him for sex advice, he can say whatever he wants to say.

I am a urophobe.
*rolls eyes* It is discrimination to dismiss anything a urophile has to say, just because he's a urophile. As the poster (Daniel25?) who started this derail was doing.

Anyone can have whatever opinion they like about urophiles. Its discriminating against them because of that opinion that is a problem.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Theofane said:
I don't think you understood what I just said.

No, I don't think you grasp that if the boot was on the other foot then said Christian speaker would have to be criticising a book, not people.

That's why the individuals walked out - a book they like was criticised, they were not.

But there is no book of gay, as I said. So such a situation simply cannot be. This is yet again another attempt to force parity where it simply isn't possible, in an attempt to distract from what Savage was saying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, I don't think you grasp that if the boot was on the other foot then said Christian speaker would have to be criticising a book, not people.

That's why the individuals walked out - a book they like was criticised, they were not.

But there is no book of gay, as I said. So suc a comparison simply cannot be. This is yet again another attempt to force parity where it simply isn't possible, in an attempt to distract fro what savage was saying.
His (Gadarene) point is a touch arcane, but he is right.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Cup? :sick:

Is it discrimination against urophiles if I think urophilia is disgusting and unsanitary? Had it been my sex advice column the pee-player had written to, I would have expressed what I think of that paraphilia using very direct language. Since it's Dan's column and since people write to him for sex advice, he can say whatever he wants to say.

I am a urophobe.
I find the bolded ironic. While I can agree with the icky part of urophilia, unsanitary is certainly an odd one, considering urine is sterile. Procreative sex is far more unsanitary than urophilia.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
You flatter me, but by 'arcane' I suspect you mean 'can't type well on an iPhone' ;)
Definition of ARCANE
: known or knowable only to the initiate : secret <arcane rites>; broadly : mysterious, obscure <arcane explanations>
See arcane defined for English-language learners »
Examples of ARCANE
a theory filled with arcane details
<grammatical rules that seem arcane to generations of students who were never taught grammar in the first place>

I mean, may take a little effort to follow, and require a bit of actual though to grasp: obscure, not magical.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Blackwater Babe said:
I mean, may take a little effort to follow, and require a bit of actual though to grasp: obscure, not magical.

I know. I'm just saying saying that it wasn't my most finely-crafted post ever.

That said, I really don't know what's so obscure about pointing out that a book is not a person, and an American Christian is not a middle Eastern Muslim.

But here we are nonetheless, a dozen pages in.

I'm not really sure how I can make this any clearer. Sing 'one of these things is not like the other' perhaps?

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know. I'm just saying saying that it wasn't my most finely-crafted post ever.

That said, I really don't know what's so obscure about pointing out that a book is not a person, and an American Christian is not a middle Eastern Muslim.

But here we are nonetheless, a dozen pages in.

I'm not really sure how I can make this any clearer. Sing 'one of these things is not like the other' perhaps?
I understood you just fine.

But then, I don't have an ideological impairment to my reading comprehension

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
So you make your conclusions with the obvious flaw you have stated. Perhaps you should look at the posts I have made on the (Sunni) Islamic forums I am a member on. Woops! Once again your making assumptions based on ignorance show a problem.

^_^

Ah yes, of course, every single Christian here deflec....I mean, "concerned" about Muslim homosexuals was off busily defending them on other boards, so I suppose I can't begrudge them from taking a moment off to defend their noble selves and correct Dan Savage ^_^

And yet despite the fact that many of these Christian posters are frequent posters on this board, none of them could be bothered to make a thread about this oh-so-pressing issue that they are just SOOOOOOO "concerned" about on this board. Of course.

In case that didn't make it adequately clear - you're conflating making an assumption for appealing to the most likely outcome. Hardly egregiously unreasonable :wave:

It does not matter. For it to be systematic it needs to be the majority who are doing it. A small amount of people in a group does not make it systematic.
Er.....systematic refers to frequency, not who is carrying it out, so it does not matter whether a group is the majority or not.

Even then, you still have failed to grasp my point. My point is that you referred to non-Christian discrimination. That's not a group, at least not in the same way as Christianity is, as the only thing that non-Christians have in common is their rejection of Christianity, not a set of claims about homosexuality.

please provide proof of this claim. the claim that christians are wrong in their treatment of homosexuals. by proof I expect you to provide proof of what my behaviour towards LGBT's is like. Ok I know you can't but at the end of the day you are making a statement from ignorance based on the actions of a few which is not agreed with by the majority. i do not personally know one christian who is aggressive towards gays or hateful. i do know non-christians who are.
Ok fine, I left out the word "some", although I've been careful for most of this thread to make it as clear as possible that I don't think all Christians behave badly towards homosexuals, although I do question the ones who instead of acknowledging Savage's point make red herrings ad infinitum about Muslims.

Those Christians that bully homosexuals are hardly being loving, and in terms of the actual effects of homosexuality there are no problems with it that aren't equally applicable to heterosexuality. If they want to claim it's morally wrong, they're going to have to do a bit better than Godsaidit.

But again, this is all just missing the point - the criticism was of the Bible and the verses used to inspire hatred. Play the no-true-Christian fallacy card all you like, it won't change the fact that these people were inspired by it, so Savage's criticism is still bang on.

it would be like expecting you not to have double standards and hypocrisy!
It would be great if you could actually correctly demonstrate whether or not I have any first :wave:

But no, you carry on talking about Muslims in a thread about Christians being bullies.

it is the exact same underlying behaviour at the end of the day. you can just look at surface if you want but I will look at the actual behaviour not the outcomes of the behaviour and be critical of both sides.
You think criticism is the same as threatening to kill someone?

^_^

try explaining that to Gadarene! He doesn't seem to understand that. i reckon I would fall in the category of evangelical and I am 100% certain Dan Savage would have no problem with my stance.

Yeah, er, I'm not the one who took criticism of a book to be equivalent to bullying of people, champ, nor did I intentionally conflate American Christians with Middle Eastern Muslims - and I've been pretty consistent on that since my first contribution here.

Sometimes I have to tell people online to read posts before they respond to them, but this is the first time in a long while I've had to tell someone to reread the entire thread before they respond further.

So, congratulations ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Oh, and given the urophilic tangent this thread has taken, here's a picture of Bear Grylls.

527_bear-grylls.jpg

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
How very tolerant people like that are.....except when it comes to those who are not like them, and disagrees with them!

Hypocrisy lvl: Over 9000
Yep. Because tolerating the intolerant just proves how tolerant one is. That is why we encourage all hate groups to spout their venom unopposed except for those pesky Christians because their hate actually comes from love, and we tolerant people can't be having that.

Upvote 0
T

Theofane

I find the bolded ironic. While I can agree with the icky part of urophilia, unsanitary is certainly an odd one, considering urine is sterile. Procreative sex is far more unsanitary than urophilia.

Maybe, but it's the only way to start a family. It's procreative, after all. Abraham became the father of many nations by doing this with his wife.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

Theofane

Yep. Because tolerating the intolerant just proves how tolerant one is. That is why we encourage all hate groups to spout their venom unopposed except for those pesky Christians because their hate actually comes from love, and we tolerant people can't be having that.

Hate doesn't come from love. Don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
How very tolerant people like that are.....except when it comes to those who are not like them, and disagrees with them!

Hypocrisy lvl: Over 9000
Being tolerant doesn't mean tolerating bigotry and ignorance. Those are things that should not be tolerated in any decent human being.

Upvote 0
U

UnamSanctam

Being tolerant doesn't mean tolerating bigotry and ignorance. Those are things that should not be tolerated in any decent human being.

So - militant atheists and the aggressive gay lobby shouldn't be tolerated? I hadn't expected to hear that from you :thumbsup:

If one is only "tolerant" with views that one agrees with, or finds reasonable, one is not tolerant at all, merely hiding intolerance behind political correctness.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.