Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Andrews University students put on a bake sale to benefit Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender homeless youth. The bake sale was shut down by the university. Now some Facebook friends I have (whom I attended Andrews with) think AU was being unreasonable. One friend said she is ashamed she went to AU.

Christian university shuts down bake sale benefiting homeless LGBT youth

I went to AU -- I don't know enough about this incident to be "Ashamed" of it.

How in the world did there get to be a homeless problem that is "just LGBT" in Berrien Springs Mich???

Is there like a "homeless prostitutes" benefit there as well? "homeless cleptomaniacs?"

Why wouldn't it just be "Bake sale to benefit the homeless"??? (No matter if they happen to be LGBT or not)

Or are they saying that all the homeless are LGBT in that area? if so - that seems very strange indeed!

Last edited:
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The power of the vocal minority....
Of one maybe. Andrews Student body is almost double the rest of the town put together.

The only thing I can figure is it may have been for Benton Harbor/St. Joe. BH is almost like a little Detroit. Lots of homeless and drug users there. I would not be surprised if many of those turned out to be lgbt.

Upvote 0