Southern USA
✟77,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." James 2 works salvationist love parroting James 2:14-26 but they never talk about James 2:10. If they are correct an James 2 is about works salvation then they better keep the entire law perfectly! otherwise they break all of it. the reality is James 2 is about having a profitable faith before men, not before God. works justify us before men, not God. Man can only see your works, so if you have no works, your faith is not profitable to others, it is dead. but it still exists and will save you if you trust in Jesus Christ alone for your salvation, Jesus paid it all to be saved.

Titus 3:5-8 “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

See how there is a distinction between being saved (faith alone, vs. doing works that are profitable unto man)

Romans 4:2-8 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

see that Romans 4 clearly tells us that Abraham was justified by works before man, when he offered Isaac on the alter, and he hath whereof to glory before man, but not before God. Don't let James 2ers take 14-26 out of context to teach a false gospel. there are dozens of verses saying salvation is faith alone without any works. Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

This why you read cover to cover and do not let people fool you or hit you with these verses that are ripped out of context. trust the clear promises that God has made, like John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 6:47 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.” Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." James 2 works salvationist love parroting James 2:14-26 but they never talk about James 2:10. If they are correct an James 2 is about works salvation then they better keep the entire law perfectly! otherwise they break all of it. the reality is James 2 is about having a profitable faith before men, not before God. works justify us before men, not God. Man can only see your works, so if you have no works, your faith is not profitable to others, it is dead. but it still exists and will save you if you trust in Jesus Christ alone for your salvation, Jesus paid it all to be saved.

Titus 3:5-8 “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

See how there is a distinction between being saved (faith alone, vs. doing works that are profitable unto man)

Romans 4:2-8 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

see that Romans 4 clearly tells us that Abraham was justified by works before man, when he offered Isaac on the alter, and he hath whereof to glory before man, but not before God. Don't let James 2ers take 14-26 out of context to teach a false gospel. there are dozens of verses saying salvation is faith alone without any works. Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

This why you read cover to cover and do not let people fool you or hit you with these verses that are ripped out of context. trust the clear promises that God has made, like John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 6:47 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.” Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
That sounds like GOOD NEWS!

Reactions: Cockcrow
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟209,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

The other thing with James that makes salvation just... impossible if it were to be based on your actions

James 4
17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

in other words, if there's ever a point in your day, where you know there's something you could be doing for God and are not doing it? You're sinning.
If you're sick, if you're wiped out tired but you could be knocking on people's doors door to door to share the gospel, well you'd better be doing that., or you're sinning.
This verse here, expands the definition of sin to not just a checklist of negative behaviors you avoid, and not even just avoiding negative thoughts.. but the absence of doing the exact perfect thing you should be doing in that moment.. which none of us can do perfectly..
it's sin.
It's what spells out what sin really is, it's not just a violation of this law or that.
It's "missing the mark" and the mark is perfection.

Nobody can do that, nobody can claim to be perfect.. and thus, everyone needs a savior.

Upvote 0