Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So the inclusion of Levi and the "tribe of Jospeh" in Revelation, is sort of a red flag that perhaps this list is more symbolic of maybe spiritual Israel than literal.
Levi was the tribe of priest. They had no inheritance but being priest. Joseph was the tribe that was split between his two sons. Joseph is still Ephraim. Manasseh replaced Dan. These are the 12 sons of Jacob, minus Dan. Manasseh and Ephraim were not sons of Jacob. Using their names would point to a spiritual change in the dynamic of Jacob's offspring. Remember that this happened:

"And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head. And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.
And he blessed them that day, saying, In thee shall Israel bless, saying, God make thee as Ephraim and as Manasseh: and he set Ephraim before Manasseh."

Ephraim was the youngest, but was placed before the oldest son as a spiritual point. Ephraim receiving more inheritance than even Levi. If anything, the list in Revelation 7 points to the more physical offspring of Jacob than the spiritual blessings passed on throughout the generations.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Levi was the tribe of priest. They had no inheritance but being priest. Joseph was the tribe that was split between his two sons. Joseph is still Ephraim. Manasseh replaced Dan. These are the 12 sons of Jacob, minus Dan. Manasseh and Ephraim were not sons of Jacob. Using their names would point to a spiritual change in the dynamic of Jacob's offspring. Remember that this happened:

"And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head. And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.
And he blessed them that day, saying, In thee shall Israel bless, saying, God make thee as Ephraim and as Manasseh: and he set Ephraim before Manasseh."

Ephraim was the youngest, but was placed before the oldest son as a spiritual point. Ephraim receiving more inheritance than even Levi. If anything, the list in Revelation 7 points to the more physical offspring of Jacob than the spiritual blessings passed on throughout the generations.
I know that, read my whole response. I explain my point in my first response. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is my understanding of the overview of revelation in relation to the `unveiling of Jesus,` as He is known in the heavenly realms. Note I have placed those titles on the diagram in my op. I read that in one of C.J.Rolls` (International Bible teacher) books. It has helped me understand revelation much better.

View attachment 336006
The best view of Revelation I ever had was when I began to look at what the symbols meant. It was poetry in motion. Thanks! :)

Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I know that, read my whole response. I explain my point in my first response. :thumbsup:
You posted
I'm not sure where I fall in the whole, 144,000 being a literal number, or if they are even literal Jews. The tribes listed there match no other listed set of tribes in all of scripture.

They do match the exact 12 tribes. The only difference is that Mannesseh replaced Dan. Joseph is still Joseph, no?

They are not literal Jews, as that would only be the tribe of Judah. They are literal tribes of Jacob. Known as Israel once they are sealed and grafted back into the natural olive tree. These are the remnant of Israel, along with the sheep of Matthew 25, after the Second Coming.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Gods Elect.
Were at the beginning of sorrows, Matthew chapter 24 . Major earthquakes in Morocco few days ago.
Hurricane slammed Florida and south Carolina few weeks ago.
Russia invaded Ukraine last year.
Wildfires out of control in Canada.
False preachers are rampant.
The famine is not hearing God's truth, amos chapter 8.
Inflation.
Covid-19 is pestilence.
Isaiah chapter 8:12 . Confederacy. This is the one world political system of revelation chapter 13. It's coming. It will receive deadly wound near future. Satan as antichrist will heal deadly wound. By establishing world peace. It's 5 month period, 6th trump.

Hosea chapter 4 . God's judgment is coming 7th trump. Jesus will rule with rod of iron. Not so distant future, Jesus will return !.

Upvote 0