An atheist want to become Christian

Jul 2, 2010
✟7,626.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hao Everyone♪

Yesterday I told with my Hungarian Christian friend about that what a big events are the elections of USA for the world. USA has just 300 million people, but each four years all of the world attend to them!

We duscoursed that, what a fantastic event would be if the over 1 billion Chatholic Church has Pope-elections each. For me, the idea of democratic catholicism sounded very exciting. I proposed her to realize this idea, bat she said that what kinds of benefits she would get if she achieves it.

Benefits ??? Does it depend on benefits??
If someone agree me and launch this movement, I would join the movement and evangelize...

My name is Makioka Ritsu (Adrian RichHill), I am a Japanese-Hungarian mixed male.
I am not a Christian, but I love the christian culture. I want more christian friends! In Japan, there are so few christians...

Excuse me for my Engrish~

Last edited:
Reactions: Sphinx777

Krissy Cakes

Site Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟91,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome18.gif

Hello and welcome to Christian Forums!
clap.gif

If you have any questions or need prayer or just want to talk you can always contact me.
Praying for you and your spiritual journey. :prayer:

God Bless,

Krissy_Cakes
wave.gif

Your welcome angel
angel.gif

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
angels-11.jpg

Welcome Adrian! :wave:
I hope you enjoy visiting Christian Forums and will find a lot of answers to the questions you have about the Christian faith.

We duscoursed that, what a fantastic event would be if the over 1 billion Chatholic Church has Pope-elections each. For me, the idea of democratic catholicism sounded very exciting. I proposed her to realize this idea, bat she said that what kinds of benefits she would get if she achieves it.

Benefits ??? Does it depend on benefits??
If someone agree me and launch this movement, I would join the movement and evangelize...

As a Catholic, I can explain why we do not "vote" for Pope every four years or at least I'll do my best to explain why. ;) The Pope is a priest--- he is a person who has taken a lifetime vow to be a servant to Christ and to work in the Catholic ministry (to take care of a parish/church, lead a missionary, etc). A priest will usually spend many years studying the Bible and learning about the Catholic Tradition--- this Tradition is not necessarily based on what is in the Bible (though the Tradition does not contradict what the Bible says) but are the traditions that the faithful have followed since Jesus established His Church on earth. As the priest shows that he can faithfully serve Christ, he may be blessed with a larger role in the whole Church. A priest may eventually become a bishop and it is the bishops who decide who will be the next Pope.

I believe the reason why it was decided to have bishops make the decision was because they are the group who understand best what is going on in the Church and who would do the best job as the leader of the Church (under Jesus' guidance of course). Lay people--- which make up the majority of the Catholic Church-- may not always follow the correct Catholic teachings and perhaps would do a poor job of voting in a Pope.

Also, like many ministries it can take time to complete a mission. It is better to allow the Pope-- a person who has dedicated the majority of his life to serving Christ through ministry-- to have the chance to complete the ministry and missions God has called him to complete in Jesus' name. As we often see with the American Presidents, every four years can lead to a lot of changes, goals never being reached, and a lot of other conflicts.

You can find out more about how the Pope is elected at this link: How is the Pope elected? | Catholic-Pages.com

I do welcome you to the site and if you are interested in learning more about the Catholic Christian faith, please stop over to the Catholic forum here-- we call it OBOB for short. ;)

Take care!

~Tati
ANGELROSE.gif

Upvote 0