Not open for further replies.

filosofer

Senior Veteran
Feb 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,913.00
Faith
Lutheran

My wife has the progressive and likes them (after a period of adjustment).

I have the traditional bi-focal about 25 years now. The last two times they suggested tri-focals, but they are not for me. I tried contacts a couple of times, and my eyes are so sensitive to light, and the contacts magnify that sensitivity. After two minutes of having them in, I can't see a thing, and my eyes are drenched with watering.

Upvote 0

LutheranChick

Jul 12, 2007
Iowa
✟9,888.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All this talk of bifocals, trifocals, vision reminds me that I am waaaay past due for an eye exam. Guess it is time to make that appointment and spend the money on new glasses.
You know, I have been thinking the same thing. It's been quite a few years for me, since I've had an exam. My contacts have been just fine. My problem is, I fear that if I need new contacts, it's going to cost me more because I don't think they make my kind of lenses anymore. Now they are all disposable- which means, of course, I have to keep buying them. :(

Upvote 0

DaRev

Apr 18, 2006
✟19,002.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
My right eye is slightly worse than my left (right is 20/15, left is 20/20), but I'm determined that I'm not going to get glasses/contacts unless I absolutely have to.

Don't you mean your right eye is slighty better than your left?

Upvote 0

Tofferer

LCMS - Lutherie
Nov 15, 2004
Lakewood WA
Visit site
✟19,597.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My left eye is 20/40 and my right is 20/30. I should at least wear reading glasses (which I do have a prescription for, though I don't know where I put it). I probably should go in and be retested though, as my prescription is from 1998.

Upvote 0

porterross

I miss Ronald Reagan
Jan 27, 2006
just this side of Heaven
✟44,831.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My right eye is slightly worse than my left (right is 20/15, left is 20/20), but I'm determined that I'm not going to get glasses/contacts unless I absolutely have to.

Spring break wasn't long enough, and they had to give us an insane schedule this week and next (to make up for the break, I suppose). I am so unmotivated to study right now.

How was your visit, Mel? You didn't think we'd all forget, did you? ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hello from Jamaica!! Have a couple of minutes of downtime and decided to take advantage of free Wi-Fi.

God has blessed us with great weather, and the resort is as beautiful as we remember 10 years ago. A lot of relaxing done this week. Tried every rum drink imaginable. Don't want to leave tomorrow. :(

Used to be just Canadians and a few Americans here, but this time there are people from all over the US and all over the world. Had lots of great conversations with lots of fascinating people. Even got to do a little witnessing. :)

Well, better get back to the fun. We have a big gala tonight on the lawns that is basically a huge outside pig-out fest. The food has also been as great as we remember. The fruit is soooo fresh - if we go to a buffet, one of my plates is piled full of fruit. Probably gained a lot of weight even with eating all the fruit. That's ok.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Will be back soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seajoy

Senior Veteran
Jul 5, 2006
michigan
✟19,053.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Glad you are having a great time, Flip!

Weird thing happened to me last night. I was unable to log on to CF. It would say "Welcome seajoy", then kick me right off the sight. This happened for over 12 hours. I thought I had been kicked out of CF due to a spat in the OCD forum. I didn't think it was that bad....but one never knows around here. Anyway..........good morning, and here I am.....you unlucky folks. :sorry:

Upvote 0

DaRev

Apr 18, 2006
✟19,002.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Glad you are having a great time, Flip!

Weird thing happened to me last night. I was unable to log on to CF. It would say "Welcome seajoy", then kick me right off the sight. This happened for over 12 hours. I thought I had been kicked out of CF due to a spat in the OCD forum. I didn't think it was that bad....but one never knows around here. Anyway..........good morning, and here I am.....you unlucky folks. :sorry:

I logged on last night but I was the only one here and no one had posted for a few hours. I was beginning to think I had missed the rapture. ^_^

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.