• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Beeping metal detectors at airports.

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is this happening to anyone else.?

Friend of mine just got back from a holiday in Queensland and said while at the airport she set off the metal detector , she was pulled aside and rescanned , they scanned both of her arms saying that that is where it's coming from , she said well that's where I have been injected with the covid vaccines.

They said nothing , just told her they couldn't find anything and sent her on her way.
So i'm thinking that she couldn't be the only one , and this must be happening to other vaccinated people as well.

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Friend of mine just got back from a holiday in Queensland and said while at the airport she set off the metal detector , she was pulled aside and rescanned , they scanned both of her arms saying that that is where it's coming from , she said well that's where I have been injected with the covid vaccines.

They said nothing , just told her they couldn't find anything and sent her on her way.
So i'm thinking that she couldn't be the only one , and this must be happening to other vaccinated people as well.
It's likely nothing to do with vaccination. If she coated her arms with something metal, like glitter, or like titanium sunscreen, or anything else that a may set off a sensitive metal detector, then that could be the cause. Perhaps her sleeves had metal in them. If you don't have all the details, some theory imposed on the situation can be deceiving.

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Nope. It ain't the Covid vaccine.........good grief.

Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's likely nothing to do with vaccination. If she coated her arms with something metal, like glitter, or like titanium sunscreen, or anything else that a may set off a sensitive metal detector, then that could be the cause. Perhaps her sleeves had metal in them. If you don't have all the details, some theory imposed on the situation can be deceiving.
Like I said , they found nothing , they checked her thoroughly.

Upvote 0