✟10,632.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hortysir said:
my niece just returned from Abu Gahib. She is a dental assisitant attached to the only Airborne medical battallion in the military.
I post here to let you know the flip-side to the story....
These 'mistreated' prisoners also recieve THE SAME medical and dental care our soldiers recieve.
Yes, prison is a place for punishment.
But there are also guidelines we must follow that are spelled out in the Geneva Convention.
Those guilty will be punished. Most have already been dealt with.
As for why the cover up....PR. Pure and simple.
If one of my cooks get arrested for selling heroin, I wouldn't want my customer base aware of this.
GodBless

I think that sometimes people forget we have a military justice system. Just because the general "nosy" public isn't given every little juicy detail does not mean it is not used. Our military DOES deal with soldiers, etc. who commit illegal acts. You wont see it on Court TV, though.

Upvote 0

fyodoros

May 30, 2005
✟653.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
...Abu Ghraib was now a U.S. military prison. Most of the prisoners, however—by the fall there were several thousand, including women and teen-agers—were civilians, many of whom had been picked up in random military sweeps and at highway checkpoints. They fell into three loosely defined categories: common criminals; security detainees suspected of “crimes against the coalition”; and a small number of suspected “high-value” leaders of the insurgency against the coalition forces...

Underwear on the head of prisoners held by US vs Islamofascits beheading Americans, Iraqis, Nepalis? Moral equalvalence? I disagree
so because some "islamofascists" behead people, we can treat these prisoners any way we see fit? please point out where jesus said this was acceptable. please quote scripture.

and we all know that much was being done than simply putting underwear on peoples heads. we had a man die in thier custody. just to remind you all, here are some of the photos. some are quite graphic, one includes the pic of the dead man. pictures

Poor terrorists :cry: Can't we just let them go so they can beat their wives for not wanting to wear bags over their heads?
as has been pointed out, time and time again, these people are not all terrorists. who says these people beat thier wives. oh, i forgot, you don't actually need evidence, as nobody can ever accuse you of lying on this board.

as gandhi once noted, i am again reminded of the difference between christ and christians. how terribly sad for you.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
vatuck said:
I think that sometimes people forget we have a military justice system. Just because the general "nosy" public isn't given every little juicy detail does not mean it is not used. Our military DOES deal with soldiers, etc. who commit illegal acts. You wont see it on Court TV, though.

It's because they are considered the federal courts and in federal courts, they don't do public tv.

Upvote 0

sanaa

Sep 30, 2004
bombay
✟3,305.00
Faith
Hindu
jsn112 said:
Prison is not meant to be walk in the park. If you don't want to be there, then don't blow people up. Simple as that. Sometimes I wish prisons are a lot tougher than it is now so it will scare people from committing a crime. Right now, you have cable tv, 3 meals a day, library, weight room, movies, basketball court, etc. It sounds like a resort!

one of my friends was in prison once (reformed now) . its no walk in the park . there is constant threat of rape and sodomy , 3 showers a week , loneliness , horrible food , definitely no cable tv , ur dignity is eroded every single day . its no place to make u feel good . but the worst thing is one time common criminals get mixed up with hardened criminals and rapists and sex offenders . i dont think u know anyone whos been there if it sounds like a resort to you

Upvote 0

Grl4Christ987

Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy...on me
Nov 5, 2004
Physically, PA, spiritually, China
Visit site
✟9,338.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
vatuck said:

I like that, good point.

Upvote 0

sidiousmax225

Jul 14, 2005
✟1,216.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
vatuck said:

The general "nosy" public? That's strange, I thought that our government was given its power from the "nosy" public. I'd like to know what my military is doing, even if it makes me "nosy".

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
fyodoros said:
...Abu Ghraib was now a U.S. military prison. Most of the prisoners, however—by the fall there were several thousand, including women and teen-agers—were civilians, many of whom had been picked up in random military sweeps and at highway checkpoints. They fell into three loosely defined categories: common criminals; security detainees suspected of “crimes against the coalition”; and a small number of suspected “high-value” leaders of the insurgency against the coalition forces...

Former Brig. Gen Karpinski spoke of "releasophobia," meaning that the U.S. commanders were reluctant to release prisoners/detainees, even when the detainees in question were known to be innocent. Perhaps they are afraid of what the former detainees may say about the conditions in the U.S. prison camps and about their treatment there by the U.S. personnel. Or perhaps holding 15,000 prisoners, even innocent, is supposed to be a sign that they are "winning the war." Who knows how minds like this work... :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fyodoros

May 30, 2005
✟653.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Former Brig. Gen Karpinski spoke of "releasophobia," meaning that the U.S. commanders were reluctant to release prisoners/detainees, even when the detainees in question were known to be innocent.
this is ok, though, because this is exactly what our loving god would want. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Hortysir

Mar 18, 2005
Centrill, Flooriduh
Visit site
✟771.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
sidiousmax225 said:
The general "nosy" public? That's strange, I thought that our government was given its power from the "nosy" public. I'd like to know what my military is doing, even if it makes me "nosy".
spoken like someone that has never served. :thumbsup:
not everything the military does is our business.
so because some "islamofascists" behead people, we can treat these prisoners any way we see fit? please point out where jesus said this was acceptable. please quote scripture.
No, Jesus never taught me to treat anyone that way. But He also never taught me to coddle them either. ;)
Seriously?
Love thy enemies, to me, doesn't translate into "Let them continue to do harm."
GodBless

Upvote 0

vatuck

This town needs an enema!
Jul 3, 2004
✟10,632.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hortysir said:
spoken like someone that has never served. :thumbsup:
not everything the military does is our business.

Thanks. My point exactly.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hortysir again.

Reactions: Hortysir
Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
sanaa said:
and jsn its too hot in summer and too cold in winter . just had a talk with the person i know . he said you dont know what your talking about
Did you talk to one of my ex-girlfriends? Tell her that she served her purpose. But it's time to move on (at least I have).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hortysir

Mar 18, 2005
Centrill, Flooriduh
Visit site
✟771.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I totally agree that some of the guards behavior is waaaaayyy outta line.
And, like I said, they are/will be punished.
The ACLU, if I understand correctly, wishes to push the punishment up the chain of command.
You can't blame a General for a private's behavior.
It's not Greenspam's fault my imcome tax refund being late.... :)

Upvote 0