✟164.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maynard Keenan said:
Move on? If crimes were committed (And they were) then you do not move on until all justice has been done.
Underwear on the head of prisoners held by US vs Islamofascits beheading Americans, Iraqis, Nepalis? Moral equalvalence? I disagree:preach:

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Lane has argued that releasing pictures, even in redacted form, would violate Geneva Convention rules on prisoner treatment by subjecting detainees to additional humiliation or embarrassment.

I'm guessing in this case, they might not mind. Maybe we could just ask them or perhaps send them an attorney to represent them?

It certainly is interesting to see the administration now cling to the Geneva Convention for these enemy combatants. I thought the Geneva Convention applied to Prisoners of War?

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
cannedspam said:
Underwear on the head of prisoners held by US vs Islamofascits beheading Americans, Iraqis, Nepalis? Moral equalvalence? I disagree:preach:

So justice should only prevail in large crimes. It all becomes so frighteningly clear.

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
sanaa said:
why are abuse and harrassment virtues?
Prison is not meant to be walk in the park. If you don't want to be there, then don't blow people up. Simple as that. Sometimes I wish prisons are a lot tougher than it is now so it will scare people from committing a crime. Right now, you have cable tv, 3 meals a day, library, weight room, movies, basketball court, etc. It sounds like a resort!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Aaah how far the right will go to justify anything. Forget about Abu Ghraib because, yeah we may have done some bad stuff but its not as bad as what people did to us! And I don't care what someone did it doesn't justify mistreatment of them. WE HAVE THE MORAL HIGHGROUND. We are a "Christian Nation," remember? If we begin to do evil to advance our interests we take that first loathesome step toward becoming that which we abhor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Maynard Keenan said:
Aaah how far the right will go to justify anything. Forget about Abu Ghraib because, yeah we may have done some bad stuff but its not as bad as what people did to us! And I don't care what someone did it doesn't justify mistreatment of them. WE HAVE THE MORAL HIGHGROUND. We are a "Christian Nation," remember? If we begin to do evil to advance our interests we take that first loathesome step toward becoming that which we abhor.
So you're feeling sorry for the terrorists? Do you want to understand them more? Ever heard of "walk softly, but carry a big stick?"

Upvote 0

sidiousmax225

Jul 14, 2005
✟1,216.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
jsn112 said:
So you're feeling sorry for the terrorists? Do you want to understand them more? Ever heard of "walk softly, but carry a big stick?"

You need to understand the root of the problem before you can fix it. You can kill as many ants as you want, but unless you get the queen, the ants will keep comming.

Upvote 0

Hortysir

Mar 18, 2005
Centrill, Flooriduh
Visit site
✟771.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
my niece just returned from Abu Gahib. She is a dental assisitant attached to the only Airborne medical battallion in the military.
I post here to let you know the flip-side to the story....
These 'mistreated' prisoners also recieve THE SAME medical and dental care our soldiers recieve.
Yes, prison is a place for punishment.
But there are also guidelines we must follow that are spelled out in the Geneva Convention.
Those guilty will be punished. Most have already been dealt with.
As for why the cover up....PR. Pure and simple.
If one of my cooks get arrested for selling heroin, I wouldn't want my customer base aware of this.
GodBless

Reactions: vatuck
Upvote 0