✟18,339.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Greetings!

I don't know what the Muslims are worshipping:bow: but it is definately not the same God revealed in the Christian and Jewish scriptures.

You are most welcome to your opinion, but please note that it clearly isn't universal!

Some of us, myself included, happily stipulate that these religions (as well as others) ALL worship the same One God!

Peace,

Bruce

Upvote 0

Bookofknowledge

Senior Veteran
Sep 8, 2004
✟20,321.00
Faith
Muslim
It doesn't matter because it hadn't happened yet. I appreciate you do not believe, and that is your right, but the idea that God had a son does not make him less of a monotheistic God. That's all I'm saying. Your point was not a point. Absence of mention does not equate proof.

Absence of mentionig proves it's somthing NEW which was never confirmed by Prophets - Islam teaches God sent same Message through All Prophets.

If there is anything NEW (meaning God have a son) then based on the promise of God, we Muslims deny of having any whatsoever association with which that is NEW (meaning God have a son)

Ibraheem (AS) was a friend of God and you think God will hide having a son from a close Friend?

Upvote 0

GeorgeTwo

May 31, 2008
✟39,702.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Jesus was a Jew in addition to being divine. Jews and Christians worship the same God....the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob....the God of Israel.

I don't know what the Muslims are worshipping:bow: but it is definately not the same God revealed in the Christian and Jewish scriptures.

Many people will say that since Jews deny that God is of Triune nature, then can't you logically conclude that they are not worshipping the same God as well? My answer to that is no, because the Jews have something with YHWH that the Muslims have never had...a ETERNAL covenant. The Jews also have God's PERSONAL NAME sprinkled all through out the scriptures...a name you won't find even one time in the Koran...YHWH....Exodus 3:14

The Muslims worship a god called Allah who is not the God of the Jews and the Christians.

You are correct, where in the Qur'an does Allah identify himself as YHWH? Not once.

I am of the opinion this is because the author of the Qur'an did not know God's name because the Jews would not have uttered that name.

Jews and Christians worship YHWH, Muslims worship Allah.

Two different gods.

I do believe the Muslims believe they are worsipping the creator though. Is that enough for the creator?

Upvote 0

glo1

Hier stehe ich. Ich kann nicht anders.
Sep 23, 2006
✟10,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absence of mentionig proves it's somthing NEW which was never confirmed by Prophets - Islam teaches God sent same Message through All Prophets.
I think that's a big difference between Islam and Christianity.

Whereas Islam teaches that every message given through the prophets was the same (unfortunately there is no remaining evidence for this), I don't think Christianity does.

If you read the Bible you will see how God's relationship with his people changes, and how he makes different convenants with his people through his different prophets.
Now those covenants aren't randomly different, instead they build up on each other, leading towards the final convenant through Jesus Christ.

If there is anything NEW (meaning God have a son) then based on the promise of God, we Muslims deny of having any whatsoever association with which that is NEW (meaning God have a son)
I can relate to that.

As a Christian, I too reject those things which are not according to Biblical teaching and the message of Christ.
Which is why - despite many things I truly respect in Islam, or even share with my Muslim brothers and sisters - I could never become a Muslim ...
I could never proclaim that Muhammad is God's final prophet - because that is un-Biblical.

Salaam

Upvote 0

Meshavrischika

for Thy greater honor and glory
Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Ibraheem (AS) was a friend of God and you think God will hide having a son from a close Friend?
lots of things happen that have never been confirmed by prophets. they tell the future in some cases, but not ALL the future

and being as Abram was dead long before this would have happened, it's not the same anyway as hiding it from a friend - you're stretching logic to fit what you would like it to meet, not what it meets in and of itself

Upvote 0

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟79,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps this has been discussed here before - it certainly has in other places ...

There are many similarities between the three Abrahamic faiths, and yet there is much animosity between them.
Despite all three religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) grounding their theology in 'the God of Abraham', many deny that they worship the same God.

What are your views?
Do Jews, Christians and Muslims worship the same God, or not?

If possible give reasons why you think so.

Baha'is accept that all the "Abrahamic Faiths" worship the same God and that all the major religions of the world have a common Divine Source, therefore we believe there is truly only one religion of God that has appeared at various times and in various cultural settings but spiritually is one.

Baha'u'llah also claimed descent from Abraham through His third wife Keturah.

The Baha'i Faith also has Holy Places in the Holy Land and Baha'is go on pilgrimage there. Mount Carmel above the Bay of Haifa is the site of the Baha'i world administrative center.

- Art:wave:

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Greetings!

You are most welcome to your opinion, but please note that it clearly isn't universal!

Some of us, myself included, happily stipulate that these religions (as well as others) ALL worship the same One God!

Peace,

Bruce

Well, then show us where they accept Jesus as their savior per Bible. No one can be saved apart from the atoning works of Christ. Can you show me where all other religions stipulate this? If you can, then perhaps we can accept your position as more than just a opinion.

Upvote 0

glo1

Hier stehe ich. Ich kann nicht anders.
Sep 23, 2006
✟10,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, then show us where they accept Jesus as their savior per Bible. No one can be saved apart from the atoning works of Christ. Can you show me where all other religions stipulate this? If you can, then perhaps we can accept your position as more than just a opinion.
I agree that the Christian belief is unique, and I am not belittling the saving power through Christ.
We Christians are very clear that the true relationship with God was restored through the death of Jesus, and that we enter into that relationship through God's grace and through our faith.

That belief sets us apart from the other Abrahamic faiths, and I am not denying the differences.

What my OP is trying to explore is whether behind our differences in understanding about God, is God not still the same? The ONE and ONLY God, creator of the universe?

Peace

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I agree that the Christian belief is unique, and I am not belittling the saving power through Christ.
We Christians are very clear that the true relationship with God was restored through the death of Jesus, and that we enter into that relationship through God's grace and through our faith.

That belief sets us apart from the other Abrahamic faiths, and I am not denying the differences.

What my OP is trying to explore is whether behind our differences in understanding about God, is God not still the same? The ONE and ONLY God, creator of the universe?

Peace

Concerning the OP, I can understand Muslims believing that they are worshiping the same God because God gave all of us a yearning to know him. Muslims, unfortunately, equate their religion with this desire. They feel that since they are worshiping Allah, they are in fact worshiping God. That presumes that Allah is God; but, from Christian scriptures, that is false. They don't fully understand that God does not accept worship in just any way and from just anyone. If they read OT accounts with Israel, they could get that point. God refused Israel's worship many times. They could not automatically presume that since they were Israelites, they were always worshiping God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

elwill

Feb 10, 2008
cairo / egypt
✟16,330.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Concerning the OP, I can understand Muslims believing that they are worshiping the same God because God gave all of us a yearning to know him. Muslims, unfortunately, equate their religion with this desire. They feel that since they are worshiping Allah, they are in fact worshiping God. That presumes that Allah is God; but, from Christian scriptures, that is false. They don't fully understand that God does not accept worship in just any way and from just anyone. If they read OT accounts with Israel, they could get that point. God refused Israel's worship many times. They could not automatically presume that since they were Israelites, they were always worshiping God.

allah is the arabic word for God
arab christians worshipps allah also

The word "Allah" exists in the Book of Genesis

genesis1.jpg

allahinot.jpg

This passage is taken from Vine's Complete Exposition Dictionary by W.E. Vine, Merrill F.Unger, William White, Jr., Thomas Nelson Publishers, Nashville, TN, 1996.

Upvote 0

elwill

Feb 10, 2008
cairo / egypt
✟16,330.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
The Muslims worship a god called Allah who is not the God of the Jews and the Christians.

You are correct, where in the Qur'an does Allah identify himself as YHWH? Not once.

I am of the opinion this is because the author of the Qur'an did not know God's name because the Jews would not have uttered that name.

Jews and Christians worship YHWH, Muslims worship Allah.

Two different gods.

I do believe the Muslims believe they are worsipping the creator though. Is that enough for the creator?

'Allah' is actually the God of every prophet, the proof is Old Testament itself. In Aramaic God is 'Elah', in Hebrew is 'Eloah' whereas in Arabic is 'Allah', these 3 are actually related to each other. The different in pronounciation is only on slang.

What is YHWH; and what is ELOHIM? Since the lews did not articulate the word YHWH for centuries, and since even the Chief Rabbis would not allow the ineffable to be heard, they have forfeited the right to claim dogmatically how the word is to be sounded. We have to seek the aid of the Arab to revive Hebrew, a language which had once died out. In every linguistic difficulty recourse has to be made to Arabic, a sister language, which has remained alive and viable. Racially and linguistically, the Arabs and the Jews have a common origin, going back to Father Abraham.
Note the startling resemblance between the languages, very often the same sounding words carry identical meaning in both.

HEBREW--------------- ARABIC-------------------- ENGLISH
Elah-------------------------- Ilah ----------------------------god
Ikhud ----------------------Ahud ----------------------------one
-Yaum -----------------------Yaum------------------------- day
Shaloam-------------------- Salaam---------------------- peace
Yahuwa ---------------------Ya Huwa---------------------- oh he
YHWH or Yehova or Yahuwa all mean the very same thing. "Ya" is a vocative and an exclamatory particle in both Hebrew and Arabic, meaning Oh! And "Huwa" or "Hu" means He, again in both Hebrew and Arabic. Together they mean Oh He! So instead of YHWH ELOHIM, we now have Oh He! ELOHIM.

Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI? that is to say, My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me'? (Matthew 27:46).

- "Eli, Eli," sounds like "Jehovah, Jehovah!" to you ?
"Eli, Eli," sounds like "Abba, Abba!" (meaning father, father! in Hebrew) .

can it be the cry is to Allah? "Eli, Eli - Elah, Elah, Allah, Allah!" !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GeorgeTwo

May 31, 2008
✟39,702.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

The word "Allah" exists in the Book of Genesis

genesis1.jpg

allahinot.jpg

This passage is taken from Vine's Complete Exposition Dictionary by W.E. Vine, Merrill F.Unger, William White, Jr., Thomas Nelson Publishers, Nashville, TN, 1996.

No it doesn't. You have been duped.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GeorgeTwo

May 31, 2008
✟39,702.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
'Allah' is actually the God of every prophet, the proof is Old Testament itself. In Aramaic God is 'Elah', in Hebrew is 'Eloah' whereas in Arabic is 'Allah', these 3 are actually related to each other. The different in pronounciation is only on slang.

What is YHWH; and what is ELOHIM? Since the lews did not articulate the word YHWH for centuries, and since even the Chief Rabbis would not allow the ineffable to be heard, they have forfeited the right to claim dogmatically how the word is to be sounded. We have to seek the aid of the Arab to revive Hebrew, a language which had once died out. In every linguistic difficulty recourse has to be made to Arabic, a sister language, which has remained alive and viable. Racially and linguistically, the Arabs and the Jews have a common origin, going back to Father Abraham.
Note the startling resemblance between the languages, very often the same sounding words carry identical meaning in both.

HEBREW--------------- ARABIC-------------------- ENGLISH
Elah-------------------------- Ilah ----------------------------god
Ikhud ----------------------Ahud ----------------------------one
-Yaum -----------------------Yaum------------------------- day
Shaloam-------------------- Salaam---------------------- peace
Yahuwa ---------------------Ya Huwa---------------------- oh he
YHWH or Yehova or Yahuwa all mean the very same thing. "Ya" is a vocative and an exclamatory particle in both Hebrew and Arabic, meaning Oh! And "Huwa" or "Hu" means He, again in both Hebrew and Arabic. Together they mean Oh He! So instead of YHWH ELOHIM, we now have Oh He! ELOHIM.

Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI? that is to say, My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me'? (Matthew 27:46).

- "Eli, Eli," sounds like "Jehovah, Jehovah!" to you ?
"Eli, Eli," sounds like "Abba, Abba!" (meaning father, father! in Hebrew) .

can it be the cry is to Allah? "Eli, Eli - Elah, Elah, Allah, Allah!" !!!!!!!!!

Let me help you out. The following article in four parts was written by an expert in Biblical languages.

Please read all parts.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Perez/index.html

The author welcomes your questions. Take him up on his offer.

BTW: Kind of funny that most Muslims do not believe that Jesus was on the cross in the first place, so who was it who cried, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Upvote 0

GeorgeTwo

May 31, 2008
✟39,702.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

"Allah" is simply the Arabic word for "God." Any Arabic speaking Jew or Christian would naturally say "Allah" when speaking of "God" simply because that is generic name of God in Arabic.

However, neither the Arabic Jews or Christians would think of the Islamic god, "Allah" when worshipping their God.

A Jewish friend of mind said it best when responding to a Christian's post:

[FONT=&quot]Using the Arabic word for god when refering to YHWH (as Arabic speaking Christians do) doesn't change Him into the Islamic god.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Jew said:

[/FONT]
I couldn't have stated it better. الله as a title for "the God," meaning the one who is above all, is not the same as الله as the name of the god of a particular religion — even if they believe that he is the one and only. It is true that Jews and Christians in Arabic countries refer to God as الله, but it is also true that they do not have the same conception as a Muslim who uses the same word. When a Jew uses the word, he thinks of the God of Israel, along with the Torah and all of its commands, the covenant with Moses and all of Israel. When a Christian uses it, he often thinks of Jesus and Trinity, the God who died on a cross or at least caused humanity's savior to go through that death (if they are not trinitarian). They are very different conceptions of الله, and are therefore also different gods.

Do you understand,
elwill?

Upvote 0

BruceDLimber

Baha'i
Nov 14, 2005
Rockville, Maryland, USA
✟18,339.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bruce said:
IOV ALL the great religions worship the same God!

Well, then show us where they accept Jesus as their savior per Bible.

You're shifting ground, and therefore ignoring my point.

And others of us fully accept Christ, too, though not necessarily through your restrictive viewpoint.

Peace,

Bruce

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Bruce said:
IOV ALL the great religions worship the same God!

Not according to the Bible. If you investigate any number of religions, they will differ in what and who they call god. These differences are tantamount since they show that people are not all speaking of the same entity. According to the Bible, God does not merely accept worship from just anyone. There is one example that would cause a problem with your claim.

You're shifting ground, and therefore ignoring my point.

I am not ignoring your point or shifting. You don't have one in this case. Here is the quote again that you responded to.

Originally Posted by Voice_of _reason
This is true from a Biblical perspective.

And others of us fully accept Christ, too, though not necessarily through your restrictive viewpoint.

Peace,

Bruce

Sure they do Bruce. Twist your mind enough and a green pea will become an green olive. Just ignore all evidences that contradict your view. At some point, you'll not be able to recognize the difference between the pea and olive because they will look the same to you. You will lose a certain amount of your ability to remain rational.

If what you say is true, then we should be able to see in all religious text the same confession of Christ as we see in the Bible. That is a very fair and rational approach. They should both point to Jesus being their Lord and Saviour. Furthermore, they should all acknowledge that Christ died and resurrected so that we may live eternally. If these are missing, there is no way for your premise to have any chance of being valid. And if we took a different book as the basis of verification, we should be able to validate the same scripture in the other books.

Upvote 0

BruceDLimber

Baha'i
Nov 14, 2005
Rockville, Maryland, USA
✟18,339.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wrong again, PS.

The various great religions tend, for obvious reasons, to concentrate on the Divine Messenger for that Day and the new teachings for that time that He brings, even while frequently praising other ones!

And to repeat myself, your statement about God is simply wrong as the naming differences are simple linguistic ones.

The fact that Arabic-speaking Christians worship Allah clearly proves this point.

Peace,

Bruce

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.