Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookofknowledge

Senior Veteran
Sep 8, 2004
✟20,321.00
Faith
Muslim
So far most posts seem to indicate a perception that the Abrahamic faiths do not worship the same God.

Still my question remains. There is only one God of Abraham. So does it not follow that Jews, Christians and Muslims all worship the same God??? :confused:

When we make differentiations between the definition of God according to the different faiths, are those differences not the human perceptions and understandings we have of God?

Personally I believe we all do worship the same God, but give him different names and have a different understanding of his nature.

What you are asking is Abrahmic faith not the current belief of Jews, Christians and Muslims....

If anyone who associate their faith with the Faith of Ibraheem (AS) then they have to accept the core belief of Ibraheem (AS), meaning each and everyone must admit "they follow the faith of Ibraheem (AS)"

The faith of Ibraheem (AS) teaches there is Only One God not two gods not three gods not idols not incarnation....

3:95
Say: "Allah has declared the truth. If you are sincere then follow the faith of Ibrahim (Abraham); he was upright and not a mushrik."

Upvote 0

BruceDLimber

Baha'i
Nov 14, 2005
Rockville, Maryland, USA
✟18,339.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Greetings redux! :)

What do you say about atheists out of curiosity?

What I say about them I don't say out of curiosity, but I happily stipulate that many of them are fine people! Further, I've seen enough of them investigate the Baha'i Faith and eventually become Baha'i--virtually despite themselves!--not to be too worried.

Indeed, one of my closest Baha'i friends is a former atheist! She investigated the Faith to see what all the fuss was about (her wording) and managed to become convinced almost despite herself. Nor is this particularly unusual. (You might well run into her in several other Baha'i and general religious forums; "Booko" is her screenname.)

So IME many of those who investigate--regardless of their backgrounds--will indeed become Baha'i sooner or later! Some, of course, will never join anything. But sooner or later--in the Next Life if need be--I'm confident that everyone will ultimately come to understand all the whys and wherefores. . . .

Is subjective appeal the standard?

Definitely not! Indeed, subjective appeal is frequently an easy way to mislead oneself!

The standard is what God says it is.

And this is laid out in the scriptures of the various great religions.

IOV the standard for today is clearly stated in our scriptures, which I invite you to examine for yourself!

You can find these at the following sites:
And as it says in these Baha'i scriptures:

"As you have faith, so shall your powers and blessings be. This is the standard. This is the standard. This is the standard."

as well as:

"Faith is conscious knowledge."

Best, :)

Bruce

Upvote 0

glo1

Hier stehe ich. Ich kann nicht anders.
Sep 23, 2006
✟10,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The faith of Ibraheem (AS) teaches there is Only One God not two gods not three gods not idols not incarnation....
Agreed, there is only ONE God ... but that's exactly what Judaism, Christianity and Islam teach.

Upvote 0

glo1

Sep 23, 2006
✟10,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with the One God thing. I just think it's all a play to divide. Division brings self esteem (I'm a part of THIS group and they're not).

Yes, that's interesting.

I have spent a fair amount of time in religious forums.
Very often threads which aim to bring people of different faiths together, rather than divide them, are not welcomed and get trashed pretty quickly ...

It's as if people are much more comfortable to stay 'amongst their own' than to entertain the idea that there may be many similarities with others outside their group.

I suppose it's part of human social behaviour, and not necessarily a 'religious thing'.

Reactions: Philothei
Upvote 0

glo1

Sep 23, 2006
✟10,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that's exactly what religion is supposed to be for isn't it? to remove us from our humanity onto a higher plane of existance? for most people it doesn't seem to work.
Yes, well ... what can I say?! :sigh:

Perhaps we get too wrapped up in the human element of religion, rather than just enjoying the presence and divine guidance of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anatolian

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2006
Turkey
✟22,421.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
'the God of Abraham', many deny that they worship the same God.

What are your views?
Do Jews, Christians and Muslims worship the same God, or not?
Salam glo.Your question doesn't have one sinle answer.It depends on the people's believes about God.This is why it is being disscused usually anyway.For example an atheist will answer your question as 'no' normally.

I've found out that jews generally accept that muslims worship the same God they believe.Christians are generally a bit more 'egoist'.Islam teachs that both christians and jews may be worshiping Allah but there are who don't-at least truely,in the Islamic sense.Therefor,as much as what the religion itself teachs, it depends on the person's own interpretation of the believes,words and actions of the others...

But what I really want to say concerning your question is that the reason of the animosity has very little to do with how they interprate others' prayers.It is about how they interprate others' thoughts towards them..

Upvote 0

glo1

Sep 23, 2006
✟10,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings, anatolian

I've found out that jews generally accept that muslims worship the same God they believe.Christians are generally a bit more 'egoist'.Islam teachs that both christians and jews may be worshiping Allah but there are who don't-at least truely,in the Islamic sense.Therefor,as much as what the religion itself teachs, it depends on the person's own interpretation of the believes,words and actions of the others...
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
I sometimes wonder why people have to use the 'my-God-is-bigger-than-your's' approach, when instead we all worship the same God ...:confused:

But what I really want to say concerning your question is that the reason of the animosity has very little to do with how they interprate others' prayers.It is about how they interprate others' thoughts towards them..
Can you explain a little further what you mean by that? Thanks

Salaam

Upvote 0

Bookofknowledge

Senior Veteran
Sep 8, 2004
✟20,321.00
Faith
Muslim
Agreed, there is only ONE God ... but that's exactly what Judaism, Christianity and Islam teach.

Islam teaches that there is Only One God and it stops there meaning no further explanation is necessary to define "One God"

Jews claim they worship One God and Claim they are the chosen once even though there are criminals among jews who have killed innocents - the faith of abraham teaches that the covanant is not for those who trangress. Jews also claimed God has son in past.

Christians claim they worshp One God and Claims God has son meaning they have deviated from the path and faith of Abraham (AS)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bookofknowledge

Senior Veteran
Sep 8, 2004
✟20,321.00
Faith
Muslim
eh. The son part not so much as He also being a deity figure combined with the other.

Still the faith of Abraham (AS) is voilated because something new such as "God have a Son" was introduced.

Ibraheem (AS) never mentioned God has a Son neither did Musa (AS) ever mentioned God has a Son.

Upvote 0

Bookofknowledge

Senior Veteran
Sep 8, 2004
✟20,321.00
Faith
Muslim
but that's not a violation. if I don't mention you having a son that doesn't mean you cease to become you when you have one... lol. just because something is not stated does not make it truth that it did not exist.

I can understand if God didn't mentioned to Ibraheem (AS) but what happen to all the Prophet who lived before and after Ibraheem (AS).

Do you find Nuh (AS) mentioning that God has a Son?
Do you find Dawood (AS) mentioning that God has a Son?
Do you find Sulaiman (AS) mentioning that God has a Son?
Do you find Isaq (AS) mentioning that God has a Son?
Do you find Ishmail (AS) mentioning that God has a Son?

Upvote 0

Meshavrischika

for Thy greater honor and glory
Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't matter because it hadn't happened yet. :) I appreciate you do not believe, and that is your right, but the idea that God had a son does not make him less of a monotheistic God. That's all I'm saying. Your point was not a point. Absence of mention does not equate proof.

Upvote 0

Voice_of _reason

Let us use reason
Jun 9, 2008
✟15,184.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps this has been discussed here before - it certainly has in other places ...

There are many similarities between the three Abrahamic faiths, and yet there is much animosity between them.
Despite all three religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) grounding their theology in 'the God of Abraham', many deny that they worship the same God.

What are your views?
Do Jews, Christians and Muslims worship the same God, or not?

If possible give reasons why you think so.

Jesus was a Jew in addition to being divine. Jews and Christians worship the same God....the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob....the God of Israel.

I don't know what the Muslims are worshipping:bow: but it is definately not the same God revealed in the Christian and Jewish scriptures.

Many people will say that since Jews deny that God is of Triune nature, then can't you logically conclude that they are not worshipping the same God as well? My answer to that is no, because the Jews have something with YHWH that the Muslims have never had...a ETERNAL covenant. The Jews also have God's PERSONAL NAME sprinkled all through out the scriptures...a name you won't find even one time in the Koran...YHWH....Exodus 3:14

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.