cjcarrie

Oct 31, 2010
Hull England
✟7,630.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
i dont have answers about spiritual warfare but im in a bit of a predicament .
Earlier in the year i meditated alot and realised id opened myself up to the higher force as it were. i had it all. seeing evil spirits, hearing them mock me, voices, nightmares. not good. i didnt really have anyone to comfort me or talk to about this. last resort i called the rev at my church who introduced me to the bible in april. Ever since then ive noticed a dramatic transformation both visually at home & in my life. The only thing wrong is i still hear the spirits in my every day life. Every day i have to discern between the evil spirits & the holy spirits that are here right next to me. most of the time its obvious who's who by what they tell me, but sometimes randomly i get confused which causes me to get frustrated & that is what the evil side wants. ive been told by the holy spirit that im a 'spiritual human being' but im not sure what this means. all i know is i have spirits with me from both sides there in my every day life.i want to know if this is common because its happening to me & its real! carrie

singpeace

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
i dont have answers about spiritual warfare but im in a bit of a predicament .
Earlier in the year i meditated alot and realised id opened myself up to the higher force as it were. i had it all. seeing evil spirits, hearing them mock me, voices, nightmares. not good. i didnt really have anyone to comfort me or talk to about this. last resort i called the rev at my church who introduced me to the bible in april. Ever since then ive noticed a dramatic transformation both visually at home & in my life. The only thing wrong is i still hear the spirits in my every day life. Every day i have to discern between the evil spirits & the holy spirits that are here right next to me. most of the time its obvious who's who by what they tell me, but sometimes randomly i get confused which causes me to get frustrated & that is what the evil side wants. ive been told by the holy spirit that im a 'spiritual human being' but im not sure what this means. all i know is i have spirits with me from both sides there in my every day life.i want to know if this is common because its happening to me & its real! carrie

I know how difficult it is to post your thread or tell others what you are experiencing. I believe you. I found this book at Amazon.com, and I think it could be a great help to you concerning your situation.

From Darkness to Light: Demonic Oppression and the Christian(Paperback)
by Areon Potter

Father God in heaven, hallowed be your name. I thank you for the blood sacrifice of your Son, Jesus. I thank you that through Christ, we have authority over all the power of the enemy. I ask that you completely deliver this precious friend from demonic oppression. In the name of Jesus Christ I command it to go and not come back. Let God get all glory and honor.

Upvote 0

texastig

The diablo is in the phone booth dialing 911
Feb 24, 2007
✟14,230.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You have opened yourself up to evil spirits. The first thing you will have to do is to get on your knees and ask God to forgive you and tell God that you repent of doing that. Ask God to close all of those opened doors. Repentance brings deliverance. I think your referring to angels when you say holy spirits? Evil spirits can change into angels of lights to fool us. Real angels from God really don't talk to us "all the time" because we are supposed to get our guidance and information from the Bible. You are a spiritual being. Our spirit is the real us. A good book on this issue is "War On The Saints" by Jesse Penn Lewis. You can read it here:
War On The Saints - Contents

Evil spirits do give us bad thoughts and they will counterfeit the angels of God/Holy Spirit by not saying bad things but will try to trick us into believing in what they say. Evil spirits will even sound like our own voice in our heads making us think it's us thinking those things.

Upvote 0

joey_downunder

big sister
Apr 25, 2009
Land Down Under
✟12,875.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I found a very good blog a while back on this very subject. It is written by a christian minister who had dabbled in the occult and became tormented by evil spirits as a result.

Spirits - A Christian View

I definitely recommend reading the very first entry for his testimony and reading every single entry after. It was very educational for someone like me who hasn't experienced anything like what he describes.

*If it contradicts scripture - not God/ Holy Spirit
*If you continue being accused after you have confessed your sin - not from God.

1 John 1:9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
* If you told you are worthless, unloveable, unforgiveable - definitely not from God.

Hebrews 4:14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. 16Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

All christian readers please pray with me: :groupray:

Lord I pray that you bless cjcarrie, calm her with your Holy Spirit, and fill her with Your peace that passes all human understanding (that the Enemy cannot possibly overcome). Please give cjcarrie her the unshaken confidence that she can turn to You no matter how she may be thinking or feeling at that time. Please encourage her that You will never tire of her coming to You for help because You love her so much.

Reactions: texastig
Upvote 0

Jonnley

Aug 29, 2010
✟7,630.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and every spirit that does not confess Jesus, is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. (John 4:3)

Carrie you're not alone. I hear them too. I even ended up being treated by a psychiatrist and applied dosage of neuro calming medication, because my intellectual parents believed It was an illness.

In my experience, knowledge of God's word through the Bible coupled with a lot of prayer is very necessary to resist deceiving spirits.

“And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light."
(2 Corinthians 11: 14 )

Just few things very important i want to emphasize. That God want's us to be led inwardly. Through knowledge of God's word and His will, Christians are prompted (reminded) from within according to God's will (supported by His word) on what to believe and what to do.

for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. (Philippians 2:13)
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own... (1 Corinthians 6:19)

All who believe and receive Jesus the Son of God as the payment to redeem from the punishment of sin (hell). Has God's spirit indwelling within him/her. And God's spirit is more powerful than any external spirit not from God.

Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. (I John 4:4)

In my experience, I even hear spirits copying the voices of my loved ones (living) and telling me a lot of things. An example of a deceptive spirit is one who will provoke you into your weakness. For example a spirit telling you that 'you are spiritual' but not leading you to the cause of such spirituality (because God made you with not just a body but likewise a spirit and even more if you believe and receive Jesus Christ you have the Holy spirit indwelling within) and therefore causing you to get puffed up (because you're extraordinary and spiritual), not bringing you to positive joyful humility in Christ, could be deceiving.

One experience of an external provocation I had was a spirit telling me that I am a leader better than my leader (which based on secular achievements can be true, I work in a christian NGO by the way). I got provoked to being prideful and ambitious because of that. And I kept being told that way by that spirit for a while. I actually got puffed up. But deep within me i was nudged to keep self-controlled and not get carried away by such pride. As I look back at the experience from now. Leadership is not about achievements but faithfully serving what talents God has entrusted to me as a steward, regardless of what human position i am currently placed. In God's sight one who has been given a lot is also demanded a lot. And one who has been given little is demanded little. (Luke 12:14). These words are humbling words that tell me we are judged fairly by our God. And what seems bigger in our human standards may not be big in God's eyes compared to what we humanly see as small.

So God's spirit prompting me from within, according to His words, prevented me from falling badly because of pride and even revealed to me my weakness that God got provoked by the external spirits words. Nowadays I pray a lot for God to reveal to me my human weaknesses that would prevent Him to work through me, and allow the holy spirit to purge them from within me. (I still get to hear those spirits from time to time, you're not alone.)

And carrie as joey_downunder suggests, We are here for you. Especially because God wants us to and He loves you same way as He does to us.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Carrie,

<Earlier in the year i meditated alot and realised id opened myself up to the higher force as it were.

The problem is is that the fruits of your "higher force" in your meditation aren't of God. Meditation as commonly practiced by eastern religions opens the door to demonic oppression.

One thing that devils inadvertently do, when they don't hide behind sweet voices and general blessings that leave out Jesus, and God's Word is that they make you want to get away from them. The only place to go is in the light.

< i had it all. seeing evil spirits, hearing them mock me, voices, nightmares. not good.

That's what they do. They've had a lot of time to practice this. Since you're dealing with them openly you've got to take the straight route to deliverance in the Kingdom of God. That means submitting to God first (in the Lordship of Jesus Christ).

The first step is to be born again. Make sure that's settled regardless of whatever church affiliation you may have had. Many people attend church for decades without being born again. When they do, they realize they've been playing church games with the "spirit of religion" (not of God). It takes a committment from the heart to choose Jesus, not just going to church.

You have forgiveness and protection as a born again Christian by the blood of Jesus. As a believer, you have the right to the name of Jesus (which you should be living in) which is the name above all names. As the scripture says: Submit to God, resist the devil and he will flee!

Don't stop there. Get filled with the Holy Spirit.
Don't stop seeking until you've found it. You'll receive overcoming power from the Holy Spirit. People who dabble in the occult pick up "curses" (according to the Word) that need to be broken, even though Jesus redeemed you from the curse of the Law. Verbally renounce the behavior and then take authority over every demonic spirit in the name of Jesus. Ask God to show you what to renounce and let the Holy Spirit convict you as necessary.

(Notice I didn't do that. I'm telling someone what the Word says, and that is very Christian.)

There is a gift called discernment of spirits. It's the ability to see and hear in the spirit realm. It only operates as the Holy Spirit wills. The purpose is to discern the operation of the devil in your life or the lives of others. It's for the purpose of binding or preventing the operations of those spirits. What you had (in the "world") was not that gift. You had the counterfeit manifestation the enemy supplies. You can have complete deliverance from all demonic oppression. Make sure you're submitted to God as a believer, speaking His name as your Lord (out loud), and get into the Word of God and find out reality.

If you don't think you're ready to submit to God you can know that once the door has been opened, you will only have continued oppression from lying and deceiving spirits. But again, there is complete deliverance available to you as a Christian!

Certain activities open the door to oppression. You may have to get rid of some books, DVDs, games, etc. that give the enemy a right to be there. All eastern religion "educational" materials fall under that category. While you're at it, get rid of magic and witchcraft stuff as well. I've dealt with this stuff a number of times and have experienced deliverance. There's literally a war going on around us with spirits of darkness and angels of God all about us. We're the prize! It's a serious matter, but not to be feared for the Christian.

Get in a Bible believing church where they really live it. Ask God to show you which church He wants you to go to. Don't fear because He made a show of the opposition openly triumphing over them with His death and resurrection.

<The only thing wrong is i still hear the spirits in my every day life.

You will until you're submitted to God and you resist them in the name of Jesus.

<Every day i have to discern between the evil spirits & the holy spirits that are here right next to me.

Confusion is not of God. Angels won't distract you or point you away from the Lordship of Jesus. Regardless of what is said, if they don't minister peace to you and agree with God's Word, they are not of God and all of them need to be bound up in Jesus' name! The angels obey God, not you, so there's no need to fear offending an angel of God.

Entering into the spirit from a Christian perspective is exciting and fulfilling. It's about you and Jesus. Don't put up with any distracting voices. Jesus said that His sheep hear His voice. These will primarily be impressions on your renewed spirit. It's full of peace, love, and joy. You'll never regret giving your life to Jesus.

Upvote 0

ezeric

HE loves me too.
Mar 2, 2010
Canada but really in JESUS! (in HIS Covenant)
Visit site
✟12,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And friends, don't forget there is a legitimate gift of the SPIRIT in
discerning spirits. 1 Corinthians 12:8-10

If you can't discern them, then how would you know who or what to cast out
when you use your authority of the LORD?

Lastly, you will continually battle in your Christian walk the voices in your head
between the devil and his challenges, burden, fear, lies, anger, condemnation, worry and JESUS voice, that leads, in love, kindness, and everything that is the best for everyone, always giving hope, increasing in grace and wisdom!

Welcome to the life in the SPIRIT.

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Galatians 5:25

-eric

Upvote 0

wanelad

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
✟8,149.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I found this site to have plenty of information on deliverance Spiritual warfare, deliverance, casting out demons, strongholds and more!

God gave me these verses one time when I was under extreme attack -
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or anguish, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36 Even as it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; We were accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
Rom 8:39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0

cjcarrie

Oct 31, 2010
Hull England
✟7,630.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your lovely prayers & comments. I have taken to reading the bible more seriously and currently on acts. i do feel the presence of jesus christ and aware of audible guidance of the holy spirits, & my bedroom has a fresh calm ness feel to it. you've all welcomed me so graciously to this site, i will continue finding my way around without getting lost.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Just be aware that though the air may be still at the moment, you won't have "holy spririts" or angels saying anything that doesn't point you directly to Jesus. Devils won't do that. They won't acknowledge the Lordship of Jesus. Try and get them to do that. You'll find almost exclusively, that voices you hear that don't minister the fruit of the Spirit, will be deceiving spirits. They may seem to talk about God, but it won't be the Word and it won't minister the love of God in the peace of God.

They may have backed off, as we are bringing things to light. It's not of God for you to hear spirits that don't minister fruit of God. Bind them up in the name of Jesus.

Upvote 0