I Love what I do, will I be able to do it in heaven?

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God has blessed me so much in this life. Hes given my skills and a passion to go along with it, hes made me a composer, and I love every second of what I do. Few things make me happier then when im writing music. Am I going to take this skill with me to heaven and eventually the new earth? Or is God going to not let me do it there? Ive searched the scriptures and haven't really found an answer so im not sure.

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God has blessed me so much in this life. Hes given my skills and a passion to go along with it, hes made me a composer, and I love every second of what I do. Few things make me happier then when im writing music. Am I going to take this skill with me to heaven and eventually the new earth? Or is God going to not let me do it there? Ive searched the scriptures and haven't really found an answer so im not sure.
Trust GOD,
He Knows you better than you KNOW yourself

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depends well if its of Him then yes.. in the next age to come. What God gives He never takes back. So many of us believe we missed it and that call or what He wanted us to do we took the wrong turn. HAHA its not over.. how I don't know Hes God but we will still do what He has called us to do after this life.. so much more

Upvote 0
Nov 24, 2011
✟45,437.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Thumbs up for such an interesting question.

Beyond our pursuit of heaven, I will say congratulations in finding your passion here on earth.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟455,120.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course you will!!~ Heaven will be wonderful, and if that is what you love, you will be able to continue it, I'm sure. You may even compose a song that will be sung by a heavenly choir!!

I agree, there will be comfort in heaven, and doing what we like is part of our happiness, some say the grandmas who liked to cook are going to be able to make you food for you. etc. Just like in home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can you play the harp?
No I compose electronically. Think modern-day Mozart. (Although im not even half as gifted.). I dont actually play instruments very well, but I have been given an ear for music, and for writing songs.

Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thumbs up for such an interesting question.

Beyond our pursuit of heaven, I will say congratulations in finding your passion here on earth.
I appreciate the response! Ive actually since written a message to Randy Alcorn, who knows a ridiculous amount about the new earth (if you dont know him, hes studied it his whole life, its pretty much his area of scholarship) so ill see what he says.

Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Jesus says they neither marry nor are given in marriage but are like the angels in heaven. Your earthly life will pass away. You will know things that are not possible here on earth. You will not need anything that you had here on earth. You will forget the former things. Why would you want to bring anything from earth into heaven?

Anything that is of self is sin and will be burned away. God will not allow sin in His presence. Jesus blood is the only thing acceptable to allow you to enter heaven. Whether you have that or not is what matters. Not if you have certain skills or desires or thoughts.

What you think is good and what God considers good are very different things. His understanding is infinite. He made all the things you interact with and enjoy. Your mind, your creativity, physical things. You interact with His creation. It does not belong to you.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus says they neither marry nor are given in marriage but are like the angels in heaven. Your earthly life will pass away. You will know things that are not possible here on earth. You will not need anything that you had here on earth. You will forget the former things. Why would you want to bring anything from earth into heaven?

Anything that is of self is sin and will be burned away. God will not allow sin in His presence. Jesus blood is the only thing acceptable to allow you to enter heaven. Whether you have that or not is what matters. Not if you have certain skills or desires or thoughts.

What you think is good and what God considers good are very different things. His understanding is infinite. He made all the things you interact with and enjoy. Your mind, your creativity, physical things. You interact with His creation. It does not belong to you.
I do agree, however, God makes it clear several times in the bible that he supplies everything for us to enjoy. Meaning he wants us to enjoy things. Also, you make heaven seem so un-earthly, when it literally is going to be earthly, and material.

Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is Heaven going to be earthly, and material?
I don't think you can logically answer that question.
Actually I can. You believe in the resurrection right? It's the basis for our faith. Well Jesus made a big deal to his disciples pointing out that he had flesh and blood, and was not a ghost. Not to mention, the word resurrect means to bring one back from the dead. So it is biblical fact that we will be physical. It only makes sense that we will need a physical place to live no?

Also, material isn't evil. That's brought into Christianity by Plato. And is a false doctrine. God actually called material things "very good" in genesis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just because God wants you to enjoy "things", doesn't mean He wants you to honor anything above Himself.

"Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man,
the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." 1 Cor. 2:9

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God;
that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." 1Cor. 2:12

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Cor. 2:14

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of
Christ." 1 Cor. 2:16

With Love.
When did I say I honored anything above God? Idoltary is a sin I struggle with, but I try my best to not. I think of everything I own as a gift from God. He owns everything, and there is a reason you own all that you do. (the Parable of the Talents goes into this)

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We can guess an answer this way:

It seems most reasonable to expect that we will continue to do some/many of our ways (we already have here) of doing "love one another" (Christ's central command to us) in the next life in heaven, since Christ taught us that His Words He spoke here to us are literally going to be with us forever:

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."

So, since we will continue to do His Way forever, then one could hypothesize that probably/likely some of the ways we show love to others would generally also continue to be ways to show love in heaven though they may be only some of the ways we can there, as we will have more ways there perhaps, becoming our perfect (full) selfs as God intended us to be.

Therefore, it's a reasonable guess that in the New Heaven or on the New Earth, you might be able to sometimes show love for others by giving them wonderful new music.

It seems possible. We can't rule it out, and it seems a likely possibility.

Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
We can guess an answer this way:

It seems most reasonable to expect that we will continue to do some/many of our ways (we already have here) of doing "love one another" (Christ's central command to us) in the next life in heaven, since Christ taught us that His Words He spoke here to us are literally going to be with us forever:

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."

So, since we will continue to do His Way forever, then one could hypothesize that probably/likely some of the ways we show love to others would generally also continue to be ways to show love in heaven though they may be only some of the ways we can there, as we will have more ways there perhaps, becoming our perfect (full) selfs as God intended us to be.

Therefore, it's a reasonable guess that in the New Heaven or on the New Earth, you might be able to sometimes show love for others by giving them wonderful new music.

It seems possible. We can't rule it out, and it seems a likely possibility.
Thank you

Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
With all due respect, but:

If leaving earth is to go to heaven that's like earth, what's the point?

When you die you leave your physical existence behind.

Material things are temporary. Finite.
Heavenly things are eternal. IN-finite.

When you die you are in the Spirit. Why would God need a material place to live in???

Jesus has a physical body because He conquered life as a man...His natural body was glorified here on earth...

I'm saying this because I respect you and care about the truth...

About the resurrection

"There are also heavenly bodies and earthly bodies. But the splendor of the heavenly bodies is of one degree, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is of another." 1 Cor 15:40

"So will it be with the resurrection of the dead: What is sown is perishable; it is raised imperishable. 43It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. 44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body." 1 Cor 15:42-44

"The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Cor 2:14

Jesus had flesh because He was God who came in the flesh and was resurrected in the flesh.

God in the flesh

Also because in Heaven we will see the scars for what He did for us...

He was resurrected in a physical body...we will be resurrected in Heaven because we did not die for the sins of the world.

He is fully God and fully man.

His physical body was glorified.

"It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body."
1 Cor 15:43

On the other hand, when we get to Heaven we can see who is right but I'll bet both of us are wrong...

With Love.
With all due respect. This is false. The idea of the material world being evil is false and comes from Plato. God made us material, we COME from the earth. And we are also told that we "Shall be like him". Meaning physical.

When Paul discusses Spiritual bodies in corinthians, he doesn't mean literally spirit. We go to Christ when we die as spirits, yes. But then at the resurrection "The dead in Christ shall rise first". But yet they were already with Christ so what is rising? Their bodies of course.

Job 19:26: Even after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God.
Job here is saying that even after he has died, he will stand before God in his flesh. Our flesh will be made anew.

Edit:
In answer to your question about why would we want to go to another earth? Because we were made for this earth! Material things arent sinful, God actually proclaimed them "Very Good". We desire earth, because we were made to desire it.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
focusing too much on material things an it's a distraction.
You got an ear for music and can write songs,
those are your Talents.
as far as it comes to composing music electronically?
why would that matter?
We're talking about "heavenly Bodies"
Bodies Very Similar to ANGELS.
You'll be doing exactly what you love and in a way that will surpass your current understanding.

Upvote 0