Mechanicsburg
✟229,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Also, what misinformation? You're claiming the rock thing is misinformation and it isn't. I don't think being a Rock Truther is a hill you want to die on.

I'm talking about the misinformation about the seminarian. There's no reason to actually think he's running the Ludwell account. Heck, even after his public statement came out, one of these guys said he won't stop hounding him until he reveals who is behind one of the other sock accounts. They're slandering people, just hoping the pressure will force them into doing what they want.

Moreover, I've heard from one of these priests with a confederate flag picture. He had a run-in with these people a while ago, and was surprised to find out they're still going on about it. They know full well he's not racist. Heck, I used to have a confederate flag just because I like the Allman Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd and used to see it waving at their concerts. The two black guys and the latino guy in the Allman Brothers didn't seem to mind either, anecdotally.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
No offense, my stumbling upon a parish that supports white supremacy almost kept me from the faith. I am thankful I had the balance of another parish. Otherwise I would have been Catholic today.
Did you report this parish to the priest's bishop? To their synod? Problems like this need to be corrected and they can't correct the problems they don't know exist.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
not to be a bugger, but if you have an issue with a parish that you or your priest can't fix, you should get the deans involved. we don't report to the local bishop unless the deans can't fix it, and then the synods if the bishop can't.

• Informative
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
not to be a bugger, but if you have an issue with a parish that you or your priest can't fix, you should get the deans involved. we don't report to the local bishop unless the deans can't fix it, and then the synods if the bishop can't.
Are there deans in all jurisdictions or just OCA?

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've heard of deans in listening to podcasts. Never heard of one in the parish talk. Fr. M always speaks as if he answers directly to the Bishop (Metroplitan) in all things. But then ... there's the whole parish council side of governance. Is the deanery (is that the right word?) that sort of governance? Or is it clerical? (Again not sure if that's exactly worded right.) I don't know much about that. But I know exactly what our order of --- I don't know if I know this word either lol - like clerical hierarchy? --- I know that exact order all the way up, but I know nothing of any deanery.

(We are GOARCH)

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've heard of deans in listening to podcasts. Never heard of one in the parish talk. Fr. M always speaks as if he answers directly to the Bishop (Metroplitan) in all things. But then ... there's the whole parish council side of governance. Is the deanery (is that the right word?) that sort of governance? Or is it clerical? (Again not sure if that's exactly worded right.) I don't know much about that. But I know exactly what our order of --- I don't know if I know this word either lol - like clerical hierarchy? --- I know that exact order all the way up, but I know nothing of any deanery.

(We are GOARCH)

yes, a deanery is a bunch of parishes in a diocese. the most senior priest is the dean (duh). it's just an organizational thing. might not be universal in all jurisdictions.

my point was that we just don't petition our bishops off the bat. there is canonical protocol to follow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
yes, a deanery is a bunch of parishes in a diocese. the most senior priest is the dean (duh). it's just an organizational thing. might not be universal in all jurisdictions.

my point was that we just don't petition our bishops off the bat. there is canonical protocol to follow.
Thank you for the info! Hopefully I would never have need of it but it's good that we check and follow proper protocol.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the info! Hopefully I would never have need of it but it's good that we check and follow proper protocol.

yep, and when the synod cannot figure it out, it goes to the EP as a final arbiter before an Ecumenical Council (it very rarely comes to this).

• Informative
Upvote 0

SalemsConcordance

Oct 5, 2020
Westcoast
✟36,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
These old threads are good to read through how these 'we just want a statement' or 'a conversation' organizations have progressed, and are actually just anti-Christ agenda organizations. This is OID, and this is secularism, not Orthodoxy.

Edit: snipped out, thank you Hermit.

My own unrighteous anger is unhelpful and in the same spirit I rail against.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I personally don't think posting anything by Sanfilippo is a good idea even to make a point. He does carry the antichrist spirit in all he does. It is beyond, as you hint, a conversation. These messages (which I don't want to read) are blasphemy.
Much has happened that was good since this was posted. It's over 2 years old. This board has made some strong official statements and we have all grown. The discussion is valid, even if painful. But I'm not sure this thread "resurrection" will end well.

Upvote 0