Status
Not open for further replies.

JC4Dude

Oct 27, 2005
So Calif
✟16,180.00
Faith
Baptist
DA, I have had octopus. :) One night at a sushi bar where we had tons of things. Of course sliced up into little tiny slices - it didn;t look like a sea monster.

And GG, I watch TCM a lot too. I hate commercials so it's a nice channel. Quite a variety of movies. The last couple of movies I watched this month that I remember ere "Back from Eternity" and 'Cactus Flower'. 'Flight of the Phoenix' seems to have been on this last week, and it was on about a month ago. Strange, as I hadn't seen that in years and yet it would show up twice.

ETA: oh and Hildago was on sometime in the last week and yet it was shown 1-1.5 months ago too.

Upvote 0
G

GratefulGrandma

And GG, I watch TCM a lot too. I hate commercials so it's a nice channel. Quite a variety of movies. The last couple of movies I watched this month that I remember ere "Back from Eternity" and 'Cactus Flower'. 'Flight of the Phoenix' seems to have been on this last week, and it was on about a month ago. Strange, as I hadn't seen that in years and yet it would show up twice.

ETA: oh and Hildago was on sometime in the last week and yet it was shown 1-1.5 months ago too.

My husband got a DVD recorder and has gone crazy recording old movies. We will never be able to watch everything that he's recorded, but we're having fun trying. Too bad the old movies are not in surround sound. We have it in our bedroom and really like it.

Upvote 0

Joyandpeace

Senior Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Baton Rouge, LA
✟10,630.00
Faith
Christian
I don't know if I have TCM. I have AMC. I have just basic cable with DVR thingy so maybe I don't get that channel.

Funny about the garbage thing in my house. Growing up taking out the garbage was my brother's job. Got married and it was my ex's or my son's job. It just is a "man" thing to me and it is to Emily too. So now that it is just me and Em we tend to wait until the ....last...possible.... moment.... to take it out. Good grief - we need to just get over it and DO IT!

Upvote 0
G

GratefulGrandma

I've never watched Lost but my boss said I should buy the original season on DVD and watch it and I will just love it! I think if anyone asks me what I want for Christmas I may tell them to get me that. (Hope it doesn't cost $100 bucks or something!) She also said that about the series 24.

Emily said yesterday that she watched a new show (I think) called Jericho and it was wonderful so I'm curious about that one too.

I do watch alot of tv - especially in the wintertime.
Keeps me company.

I think you might like Lost, most of our family does. If you want to catch up you'll have to watch 2 seasons because it's in the third. I'm upset because we started watching the new show that came on after Lost last season called Invasion. It was really good and the series ended with a big cliffhanger and then was cancelled. What a disappointment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JC4Dude

Oct 27, 2005
So Calif
✟16,180.00
Faith
Baptist
74 and Fair. We had some lower clouds later yesterday afternoon and by the coast I hit sprinkles for about 30 seconds. Weird.

Joy, I'll watch AMC but hate the commercials. My wife will come in and see me watching something and say "we have that..we could get it out" :D But I actually don't take her up on the offer. Halfway through...I don't want to find where we are on a freshly put in video or dvd.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What kind of shows do you watch Dallas?

I kind of stopped. I watch movies sometimes.

I used to watch every day Judge Mathis and Judge Judy. I especially loved Judge Judy.(shes a human lie detecor LOL)

But these days I keep the T.V off when Im home alone.
I found that I think the T.V can cause symptoms of ADD for me. BOING!

And I stopped listening to the news about a year ago.I do not trust their agenda whats so ever.

I listen to the radio. Top 40 mostly.

Blessings

Dallas

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DA, I have had octopus. :) One night at a sushi bar where we had tons of things. Of course sliced up into little tiny slices - it didn;t look like a sea monster.

JC,

Yeah I LOVE sushi! I even eat beef tataki which is raw beef. But somehow its chemically cooked in lime.:scratch:

And I love spicy tuna hand rolls! and that is raw tuna.

And sweet eel!

See I eat eel?:scratch:

But this little thing the last night was whole with legs and suckers on it and everything.BLAH!

I mean it was looking at me out of a bowl of red liguid.(shiver)

Can you say "do ya'll serve chicken"?

Blessings

Dallas

Upvote 0

JC4Dude

Oct 27, 2005
So Calif
✟16,180.00
Faith
Baptist
dallasapple said:
But this little thing the last night was whole with legs and suckers on it and everything.BLAH!

I mean it was looking at me out of a bowl of red liguid.(shiver)

Can you say "do ya'll serve chicken"?

Whoa! Need it sliced up for sure.

The family like Japanese a bit more than I but we've gone for Sashima of a variety of fishes.

Still a nice California Roll (fish, rice and seaweed) dipped in soy sauce is great.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whoa! Need it sliced up for sure.

The family like Japanese a bit more than I but we've gone for Sashima of a variety of fishes.

Still a nice California Roll (fish, rice and seaweed) dipped in soy sauce is great.

Califonia Roll! LOL!

Ahh.. well at least you try.LOL!

Let me guess...hmm...you also like the "shrimp tempura"?

Blessings

Dallas

Upvote 0

Shesjr

Veteran
Oct 27, 2005
Chi-Town
✟11,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey - that show I was just talking about - Jericho -the pilot of it is coming on at 7 central time - in case anyone wants to record it and check it out later.
Hi everyone...my PC at home is fixed. YAY!! Now I just have to pay for it!! Cost me $410. Long story on what was wrong (ashamed we had no virus protection) but now we are all good.

So how is everyone? Saw little Danny last night,,,oh you guys he is sooooo cute. I'm heading over there again for a little bit tonight for a little visit. Connie needs her mama too for some guidance and support...

Peace out!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.