Freedom777

Oct 8, 2002
iowa,usa
Visit site
✟8,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is a song by Buddy Davis

No matter what we know theirs more that will never know,Next to what God knows we know next to nothing at all.Theirs a infinite amount of information to learn,the more we think we'v learned it all ,it only confirms, No matter what we know theirs more that will never know,Next to what God knows we know next to nothing at all,and the Bible is true,God can't deceive,the world's without excuse,if they don't believe. Design is, everywhere we look if we would open our eyes.But the world rejects the Creator and believes in a LIE.No matter what we know theirs more that will never know,Next to what God knows we know next to nothing at all.

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Today at 04:29 PM Freedom777 said this in Post #1

This is a song by Buddy Davis

Freedom, are you seriously proposing a song as evidence of how God created?

Are you aware that there is no discipline called "origins science" within science?  This is just another strawman of YECers in order to try to keep the science they want and reject science that contradicts their literal interpretation of Genesis.

The song wasn't too bad up until it got here:  "and the Bible is true,God can't deceive,the world's without excuse,if they don't believe. Design is, everywhere we look if we would open our eyes.But the world rejects the Creator and believes in a LIE."

When the song says "the Bible is true", what exactly does it mean?  Theologically true, or scientifically true?  Or does it mean that a literal interpretation is true?

Yes, God can't deceive, which is why we know a literal interpretation is wrong.

Just how were biological organisms designed? Directly by an intelligent entity?  Nope. Instead, life forms were designed by natural selection.

Rejects "the Creator"?  How do you explain these passages from Origin of the Species?

"There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved."  C. Darwin, On the Origin of Species, pg 450.

Also:  "To my mind it accords better with what we know of the laws impressed on matter by the Creator, that the production and extinction of the past and present inhabitants of the world should have been due to secondary causes, like those determining the birth and death of the individual."  pg. 449.

Gee, Darwin even uses the exact words "the Creator".  So how can this be a rejection?

Please explain, Freedom.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Today at 04:29 PM Freedom777 said this in Post #1

No matter what we know theirs more that will never know,

There is so much to know. It is interesting to study where man has been and where man is coming from. But it is a lot more important to know where we are going, and what God's plan and intention is for mankind.

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Today at 04:46 PM Freedom777 said this in Post #3

God Is Who God Is, He Is The Great I AM

Yes. So what? How does this answer any of my questions?

Here, let me list them so you can try again:

Freedom, are you seriously proposing a song as evidence of how God created?

Are you aware that there is no discipline called "origins science" within science? 

When the song says "the Bible is true", what exactly does it mean?  Theologically true, or scientifically true?  Or does it mean that a literal interpretation is true?

Rejects "the Creator"?&nbsp; How do you explain these passages from <I>Origin of the Species</I>? ... Gee, Darwin even uses the <B>exact words</B> "the Creator".&nbsp; So how can this be a rejection?

So, please do the courtesy of answering the questions.&nbsp; If you can't, then please be honest enough to say so.

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Today at 04:49 PM JohnR7 said this in Post #4

There is so much to know. It is interesting to study where man has been and where man is coming from. But it is a lot more important to know where we are going, and what God's plan and intention is for mankind.

This is outside the domain of science.

Since you are referring to history, remember the saying "those who do not understand history are condemned to repeat it."

Upvote 0