Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My dear sister, who is talking about boogiemen. I'm not.

I'm talking about FALSE TEACHING, the same that I talked about when Todd Bentley was around FALSE TEACHING.

This is a BIG ISSUE, because our Bible has been twisted, distorted, added to, subtracted from, and misrepresent HIS LIVING WORD, and you say to me that my WARNINGS are not WORTHY.

Heavens above my dear sister, how honest can I be.

If that's the way you think, and because you love The Message, then I am sorry that you have admitted that to me.

I don't hun't evil, I warn our brothers and sisters of EVIL.

Woe is the day when evil is called good, and good is called evil.

Meditate on the verse my dear sister, because The Message is EVIL, and not of our Living God, our Lord Jesus Christ.

Be blessed in Jesuss' Name.

red - yeah life or death. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My dear sister, who is talking about boogiemen. I'm not.

I'm talking about FALSE TEACHING, the same that I talked about when Todd Bentley was around FALSE TEACHING.

This is a BIG ISSUE, because our Bible has been twisted, distorted, added to, subtracted from, and misrepresent HIS LIVING WORD, and you say to me that my WARNINGS are not WORTHY.

Heavens above my dear sister, how honest can I be.

If that's the way you think, and because you love The Message, then I am sorry that you have admitted that to me.

I don't hun't evil, I warn our brothers and sisters of EVIL.

Woe is the day when evil is called good, and good is called evil.

Meditate on the verse my dear sister, because The Message is EVIL, and not of our Living God, our Lord Jesus Christ.

Be blessed in Jesuss' Name.

TB wasn't teaching falsehoods. He fell. Many men of God have done so.

The Message is not evil and so you are one of those who are calling something that is good an evil thing. I have it in proportion, dear Elijah. I happen to know it isn't the bible. It is a paraphrase of the Bible, and I treat it as such.

All I see here is tilting at windmills.

Tiltingatwindmills.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Opinion only, regarding Bentley.

How is The Message evil? I suppose people don't like paraphrases in general then. I quite enjoy it, and it opens up certain passages of biblical translations that are more difficult to grasp.

If people don't like the paraphrase, don't use it, but there is no reason to denounce it.

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The message must be denounced because it doesn't remain true to the original message God intended. It leads to a false clarity. If it were a simple paraphrase that would be one thing.

TB most certainly did teach false things, unless you think God intended us to worship angels.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The message must be denounced because it doesn't remain true to the original message God intended. It leads to a false clarity. If it were a simple paraphrase that would be one thing.

A wise believer knows how to handle a paraphrase. We don't need the sirens on here.

TB most certainly did teach false things, unless you think God intended us to worship angels.

There was NO angel worship going on whatsoever. Only Jesus Christ! Context, context, context.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
TB wasn't teaching falsehoods. He fell. Many men of God have done so.

The Message is not evil and so you are one of those who are calling something that is good an evil thing. I have it in proportion, dear Elijah. I happen to know it isn't the bible. It is a paraphrase of the Bible, and I treat it as such.

All I see here is tilting at windmills.

Tiltingatwindmills.jpg

My dear sister, the main point of “The Message” is to cause division, double-mindedness, and strife, and is nothing more than a heap of FALSE TEACHING.

Most concerned Christians who have read The Message for the first time, all I saw that it was full of new age and occultic content.

Now it grieves me to see that others and including yourself to praise and promote “false teaching” that is written in “The Message”. No doubt those who do so need to read the true “Living Word” of our Lord Jesus Christ, the real Bible translation that warns us about “tying millstones around our necks”, not “windmills”.

It’s sad, but I know that some Christians say that they are bored with the same “tired old verses”, which to others and myself it indicates that their “comfort zone” is being affected. Heavens above, God’s Word isn’t tired and boring, but many want their “itchy ears tickled” with some comfortable words that makes them feel good.

“The Message” is deceptive, and many soulish and selfish human hearts of some Christians like material things and practicality because they live in the entertainment age that demands entertainment at the cost of real human souls, and if you speak out in concern for the souls of those people you are labelled all insulting names.

I guess those and including yourself love watered-down versions of His Inspired Word, because it appeals to you all. Sad as it is, those who support such things have the capacity for intelligence, but are too lazy to apply their intelligence to study and comprehend the real TRUTH of His Word.

Galatians 1:8 it says: “But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed”, I now begin to wonder if Eugene Peterson and all those who praise and promoted “The Message” have ever read this verse?

We need to be really certain what we say is in accordance with His Word, and not the “empty deceit of the world” (Col. 2:8), will they be gnashing his teeth on judgment day as our Lord Jesus Christ pronounced: “I never knew you. Depart from me you worker of iniquity.”

I am one of those concerned Christians for those teachers and Christians who follow in the footsteps of Eugene Peterson, who had added and subtracted from His Inspired Word, as in the case of what we are discussing.

“The Message” is filled to the brim and overflowing with New Age references, a politically correct agenda that is obscuring the True/Real Message of His Gospel and salvation. We all know that if a Christian isn’t familiar with New Age terminology, as many Christians are not, then they are ripe for the picking.

Our Lord Jesus Christ is referred to as ‘the Master”, which is a new age expression. New Agers believe that many “enlightened masters” have come to planet earth, such as Buddha, Krishna, Mohamed and Jesus being a few. Christians know that our Lord Jesus Christ isn't merely an enlightened master, He is Lord, King, and Saviour and the only way to salvation. Even some Christians say that people who are not saved cannot say that our Lord Jesus Christ is Lord, and neither does “The Message” say it. So, what does that tell you?

Here are some comparisons of the NKJV version and “The Message”.

Romans 10:9-10 (NKJV): “that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”

Romans 10:9-10 (MSG): “Say the welcoming word to God--"Jesus is my Master"--embracing, body and soul, God's work of doing in us what he did in raising Jesus from the dead. That's it. You're not "doing" anything; you're simply calling out to God, trusting him to do it for you. That's salvation. With your whole being you embrace God setting things right, and then you say it, right out loud: "God has set everything right between him and me!”

Now my dear sister, is the NKJV too complicated for anyone else or you who comprehends English to understand it?

But, we see “The Message” add many more words that complicates and obscures the REAL MESSAGE of HIS GOSPEL, NOT simplifying, as we are suppose to be led to believe is the purpose of “The Message”. The secret agenda of this publication is obvious to most discerning Christians.

Why does Mr. Peterson feel it necessary to change the “Jesus is Lord” to “Jesus is my Master”? It doesn't clarify anything, and all that Eugene has done is to mistranslate; add and insert his own personal opinions (that he hasn’t marked as thus); and subtract and twist Scripture to his own desires and likings.

The Bible says that “Sexual immorality, adultery and homosexuality” are sins, but “The Message” removes these references in favour for Eugene’s comfort zone phrase of “sex without commitment and intimacy”, or “sex without love”. In other words, a non-discerning Christian would accept this “garbage” as truth and will be led to believe that sex is OK as long as they feel love, commitment and intimacy; whatever that means to them.

HIS INSPIRED WORD is preparing the Church, the Body of Christ for the “great apostasy”, when Christians will abandon real salvation for the one world religion, which is already being seen throughout the Body of Christ and what is already written in this watered-down version already.

Be blessed in Jesus’ Name.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My dear sister, the main point of “The Message” is to cause division, double-mindedness, and strife, and is nothing more than a heap of FALSE TEACHING.
I don't believe that is true at all.

I guess those and including yourself love watered-down versions of His Inspired Word, because it appeals to you all. Sad as it is, those who support such things have the capacity for intelligence, but are too lazy to apply their intelligence to study and comprehend the real TRUTH of His Word.
I hardly ever use it. Why? Because the Bible itself feeds me enough. To call us lazy is a true example of critical judging that God hates.

The example of scripture that you used was a good paraphrase. It tells us that we don't have to DO anything but confess verbally in agreement with our heart and mind that Jesus is Lord ("Lord" means "Master"!!). What is wrong with that? I think Peterson helps to clear up many people's idea that salvation comes from works. That's all he is doing. That is part of the message of the verse.

Perverse sex is without love. It is SEX only. People think it's love, but it's not. We have the Holy Spirit to convict people when they read it. If any homosexual wants to use The Message, he or she is going to need a Christian in his/her life to reap the harvest anyway. They will get the message loud and clear when they come to Christ, and add a regular bible to their diet!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe that is true at all.

I hardly ever use it. Why? Because the Bible itself feeds me enough. To call us lazy is a true example of critical judging that God hates.

The example of scripture that you used was a good paraphrase. It tells us that we don't have to DO anything but confess verbally in agreement with our heart and mind that Jesus is Lord ("Lord" means "Master"!!). What is wrong with that? I think Peterson helps to clear up many people's idea that salvation comes from works. That's all he is doing. That is part of the message of the verse.

Perverse sex is without love. It is SEX only. People think it's love, but it's not. We have the Holy Spirit to convict people when they read it. Of any homosexual wants to use The Message, he or she is going to need a Christian in his/her life to reap the harvest anyway. They will get the message loud and clear when they come to Christ, and add a regular bible to their diet!

Thanks my dear sister, take care.

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
A wise believer knows how to handle a paraphrase. We don't need the sirens on here.

There was NO angel worship going on whatsoever. Only Jesus Christ! Context, context, context.

Well a wise believer wouldn't even be bothered reading such a corrupted version of His Inspired Word, because as wise believer would only read His Word, not someone else's version of their truth.

The Todd Bentley I knew taught of angels, taught lies, taught false teaching, and was seduced and deceived, and of 80% of his early transmissions of the so-called revival taught nothing else but the same stuff as The Message, and he never spoke the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, NEVER!

It wasn't until all the concerned Christians who saw all his falseness began to concern him and he was losing the plot and he tried to polish up his act, and sad as it is, those who have been before him, always fall onto their own sword, and reap what they sow.

What a shame, but you will never know that real truth, will you?

Take care FA, and be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
quote=Elijah2;49429283]Well a wise believer wouldn't even be bothered reading such a corrupted version of His Inspired Word, because as wise believer would only read His Word, not someone else's version of their truth.[/quote]

I am and I know many wise believers, including our pastors who will refer to The message now and then. We add it to our reading of verses from various translations in our cell meetings. It adds depth to our understanding.

We paraphrase the verses while we study, anyway! Everyone does!

The Todd Bentley I knew taught of angels, taught lies, taught false teaching, and was seduced and deceived, and of 80% of his early transmissions of the so-called revival taught nothing else but the same stuff as The Message, and he never spoke the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, NEVER!
No he didn't. He spoke of angels, which is not wrong. I watched the streaming. He taught of Jesus Christ every day, and used the Bible.

It wasn't until all the concerned Christians who saw all his falseness began to concern him and he was losing the plot and he tried to polish up his act, and sad as it is, those who have been before him, always fall onto their own sword, and reap what they sow.

What a shame, but you will never know that real truth, will you?

Take care FA, and be blessed in Jesus' Name.
I know that people rushed to anoint Him as a prophet in the prophetic group that surrounded him. They know that they did wrong. They repent. I forgive.

God still moved just the same! He is an awesome God.

We will probably never agree this side of heaven, E2. God bless you.
godbless-2.gif

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This thread has gone way off topic and become ugly.

Please close it.
I totally agree, this thread has been hyjacked! You made this request over a day ago and yet the thread is still sitting here and getting uglier and uglier.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I totally agree, this thread has been hyjacked! You made this request over a day ago and yet the thread is still sitting here and getting uglier and uglier.

Wow, Neph, great insight.

Actually, I had no idea that Twigy asked for it to be closed. If he wanted it to be closed, he should sent a PM to one of Mods or Supvrs.

Boy, you have a strange way of expression by calling things ugly, because there has been no name-calling or anything offensive but just plain expression of views in love.

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
quote=Elijah2;49429283]Well a wise believer wouldn't even be bothered reading such a corrupted version of His Inspired Word, because as wise believer would only read His Word, not someone else's version of their truth.

I am and I know many wise believers, including our pastors who will refer to The message now and then. We add it to our reading of verses from various translations in our cell meetings. It adds depth to our understanding.

We paraphrase the verses while we study, anyway! Everyone does!

No he didn't. He spoke of angels, which is not wrong. I watched the streaming. He taught of Jesus Christ every day, and used the Bible.

I know that people rushed to anoint Him as a prophet in the prophetic group that surrounded him. They know that they did wrong. They repent. I forgive.

God still moved just the same! He is an awesome God.

We will probably never agree this side of heaven, E2. God bless you.
godbless-2.gif

[/quote]

God Bless you to my dear sister, in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you still want it closed let me know, I wasn't sure how serious you were based on you still posting in the thread. I thought maybe you changed your mind.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I have not seen it progress in ugliness at all. I have seen differences handled with respect here, of late.

Upvote 0
Sep 2, 2004
Mount Airy, NC
Visit site
✟1,655.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Have a question....have any of you actually sat and read the whole thing all the way through before you pose these questions about the way that it presents scripture or interprets it?

Just wondering. I have a copy of the Message version myself, and it's absolutely wonderful...at first I was skeptical, it was given as a gift, and now I've grown to adore this translation of the bible. I'm not all the way through yet...but its been a scriptural joy thus far.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Have a question....have any of you actually sat and read the whole thing all the way through before you pose these questions about the way that it presents scripture or interprets it?

Just wondering. I have a copy of the Message version myself, and it's absolutely wonderful...at first I was skeptical, it was given as a gift, and now I've grown to adore this translation of the bible. I'm not all the way through yet...but its been a scriptural joy thus far.

A while ago I decided to read the Old Testament in the Message, in order to be able to get a better grasp of the times. I used it and referred to my New King James when I felt the need. I got to Ezra. Now I use it as I feel I want to.

I was very blessed by it, and I received a further grasp of the generations of Israel than I had before. However, if I decided to re-read the OT again, and I will, I will use the New Living Translation, and the New King James, with quick references to The Message next time.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.