• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
There are some things related to my health that are out of my control, but whenever I hear about their negative effects it triggers me so bad.
Negative thoughts produce negative effects. Even the Law of Attraction people talk about how we have to be positive to be healthy. I had to deal with this when recently had some serious health problem. I started to print out and frame scriptures and I covered a wall in my hall with them. That really helps me a lot with having positive thoughts. Also I work with color and light and that helps also.

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
There are some things related to my health that are out of my control, but whenever I hear about their negative effects it triggers me so bad.

I couldn't be nursed when I was a baby because my mom had to take medication for serious health problems. I'm allergic to tree nuts and can't eat them. I have generalized anxiety disorder...among a few other things I don't hear about as often.

Whenever I read or hear anything about how babies should be nursed and it's the best choice, or how tree nuts are so healthy, or how stress is so bad for you, it triggers me so bad I get depressed and sometimes start crying. I get so terrified that my health will be worse and I'll die young because of these things. I start thinking that maybe I would be in better shape now if things had happened differently, and I really wish they had happened differently.
I too suffer from health anxiety.

Have a look at this: it helped me.

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,333.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I couldn't be nursed when I was a baby because my mom had to take medication for serious health problems. I'm allergic to tree nuts and can't eat them. I have generalized anxiety disorder...among a few other things I don't hear about as often.

Whenever I read or hear anything about how babies should be nursed and it's the best choice, or how tree nuts are so healthy, or how stress is so bad for you, it triggers me so bad I get depressed and sometimes start crying. I get so terrified that my health will be worse and I'll die young because of these things. I start thinking that maybe I would be in better shape now if things had happened differently, and I really wish they had happened differently.
What happened in the past was predestined to happen for some greater reasons. Feeling depressed because of that (or similarly about future) may be seen as a lack of faith in the providence of God. Let us play with the cards we have been given, because those are the best cards for us.

You can be 100% healthy without ever eating nuts. Chemicals in nuts can actually make your anxiety worse. My anxiety went away when I stopped drinking tea, cocoa, eating grains, peanut butter and similar plants.

Last edited:
Upvote 0