RASUL GO AWAY
Sep 10, 2013
ShiaChat
✟15,192.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I think I might have changed my mind about Israel. I still hate what the leaders do and I still strongly support a Palestinian state, but I'm honestly thinking that Israel can't be all bad. To be honest with myself, if Palestinians had control of the land, most of the ancient artifacts that prove Christianity would have been destroyed. The Israelis might be brutal murderers, but at least they're preserving the historical record.

Upvote 0

Knockinghard

Aug 14, 2013
✟535.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Um, no. Let's say, for example, I own a few acres of farm land. I abandon it and someone takes over. Can 2,000 years later, my descendants forcibly take it back and kill anybody that gets in the way? The Jews lost the land and it no longer belongs to them. Just because the re-acquired it by force does not make it legitimately theirs in my opinion.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Knockinghard

Aug 14, 2013
✟535.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This is again hypocritical. If their own land was stolen by force what is the issue of them tasking it back by force?

Your argument is that Filistiniyyah want the land they stole back from the Jews since it is rightfully theirs.

If stealing land makes it their rightful property then stealing it back should make it the rightful property of the opposing party.

This yet again makes no sense. You are picking sides without reason here. Why is it the Jews cannot take their land back the same way the Filistiniyyah stole it?

The Filistiniyyah and neighboring Arabs forced them out of their land. So what is wrong with Jews doing it?

No, the temple was destroyed and Jews were scattered by God. Many ran away leaving a small percentage of Jews! They cannot force themselves now with money and muscle power of USA.

Upvote 0

Knockinghard

Aug 14, 2013
✟535.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The land was not stolen by Arabs. The Jews were driven out by the Romans. Arabs merely took over the empty land and have lived there for 2,000 years. I'd say the Jews have to be pretty damn unforgiving if they're taking their 2,000 year old anger out on innocent women and children.

And, the Bible as well as the Talmud as well as Church tradition tells us that the Jews were exiled as a punishment from God. They are disobeying him by murdering innocent children to take back land that their great great great great great great great great great great grandparents might have lived on at one point. I pray that they are humiliated and destroyed. There is nothing hypocritical about this.

It's hypocritical for the Jews to think that they own the land merely because they're related to somebody that at one point lived there. The Talmud clearly says that the Jews are not to have their own country until the Messiah comes. Why do you think that the Hasidic Jews are against Israel? On al-Quds day this year, I went to a rally in downtown Seattle. A Jewish Rabbi (Yisroel Dovid Weiss) spoke about how it's abhorrent that Zionists are using his religion to commit atrocities against Arab children, women, the elderly, etc.

alqudsday.org/cities/seattle/

Upvote 0

Knockinghard

Aug 14, 2013
✟535.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Jews DON'T have a claim to the land. But that doesn't justify what Hamas is doing, for example. I never said it does. I merely said that I think Israelis should leave and Israel should be dismantled. I don't support killing innocent Israeli civilians with rockets like Hamas is doing. I condemn them just as strongly.

Edit: New page. Please see the last post on the previous page (in case you missed it).

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Um, excuse me? You don't know me so don't you dare try to judge who I am. Maybe you have forgotten what punishment the Bible promises for those who slander and lie?

Physician...heal thyself! Take the log out of your own eye so you can see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye!

Reactions: EnemyOfReason
Upvote 0

EnemyOfReason

May 22, 2013
✟9,335.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, the temple was destroyed and Jews were scattered by God. Many ran away leaving a small percentage of Jews! They cannot force themselves now with money and muscle power of USA.

Jews were not scatted from that event alone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rakovsky

Apr 8, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟67,675.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think I might have changed my mind about Israel. I still hate what the leaders do and I still strongly support a Palestinian state, but I'm honestly thinking that Israel can't be all bad. To be honest with myself, if Palestinians had control of the land, most of the ancient artifacts that prove Christianity would have been destroyed. The Israelis might be brutal murderers, but at least they're preserving the historical record.
Orthodoxiy,

It's debateable. The Turks destroyed churches. Israeli archeologists sometimes find Roman or Byzantine Christian mosaics and then cover them up again. This was done about a year or two ago by the IAA, with the explanation that society was not yet tolerant enough about Christianity. You might be able to come across this story on the web.

Then you have the controversy about whether the Church of the Upper Room was a synagogue and David's tomb.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

So you believe they were scattered by God? Then they can also be brought back by God...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,695.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've only read the first and last pages, but it doesn't seem to be a particularly helpful thread.

God permits all kinds of difficulties for the faithful so that His saints can be perfected. I do not like the way Palestinians are treated by the Israelis, but I do know that God is sovereign. This presents us with the opportunity to pray for our Orthodox brethren who suffer under this oppression, and also to pray for our enemies who are deceived by the evil one.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This thread is now permanently closed.Please remember the forum rules

Flaming and Harassment
● Do not insult, belittle, mock, goad, personally attack, threaten, harass, or use derogatory nicknames in reference to other members or groups of members. Address the context of the post, not the poster.
● If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button. Do not report another member out of spite.
● Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian.
● Those who do not adhere to the Statement of Faith are welcome as members and participants in discussions, but you are required to respect these beliefs, even if you do not share them.
● Do not make another member's experience on this site miserable. This includes, making false accusations or persistently attacking them in the open forums.
● Respect another member's request to cease personal contact.

MOD HAT OFF

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.