3 month Test- using the subforums for each group of MJs and the main forum for fellow

Yes for having this test?

• yes lets try this and see how it goes

• look for my thread reply I have to say no and this is why...

Results are only viewable after voting.

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
What do you mean by "a god" ?

According to scriptures, all who have or will have life immortal are called gods. Yahshua was a ancient being from Heaven. The word "god" is the name of no one. Yahwah is the only true God, because life came from Him, and because He is life.

Upvote 0

SGM4HIM

Jul 17, 2005
North Florida
✟10,654.00
Faith
Non-Denom
re:op

I always thought that the subforums were designed as safe havens.

MJ's could discuss Shabbat traditions or recipes without someone without coming in arguing traditions are later rabbinic stuff or yelling "pork fat rules".

And Hebrew Christians could discuss Resurrection Sunday without somebody yelling about about some pagan deity Eostre.

No disrespect intended, but in the past 6+ years I have been around, I have seen many more toxic, diverse seasons.

Not sure why it has to be redesigned and fixed when there are already rules and safeguards already in place. Novacaine is my friend at the dentist office, but maybe not needed here.

Just one man's observations.....

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No disrespect intended, but in the past 6+ years I have been around, I have seen many more toxic, diverse seasons.

If I may ask, how is it that you've seen toxic/diverse seasons....and what have been defined as such?

Upvote 0

SGM4HIM

Jul 17, 2005
North Florida
✟10,654.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Easy G (G²);59169652 said:
If I may ask, how is it that you've seen toxic/diverse seasons....and what have been defined as such?

About 4 years ago an MJ lady from a southern island poured out nasty, vile, comments about my theology and parenting abilities; the most powerful ugly comments I have heard (yes even worse than GT)

Summer 2008 a group of former Christian's pushed and exceeded posting rules, hurting MJ's. (This was probably the most deterimental)

Christmas in general; 3or 4 yrs ago a CF higher mgmt staff was making rounds among the forum wishing a Merry Christmas. Things got fast and furious.

Also around the "resurrection Sunday" time of year.

Upvote 0

anisavta

Never Forget!
May 25, 2008
Too far away from Jerusalem
✟16,693.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

MJ's could discuss Shabbat traditions or recipes without someone without coming in arguing traditions are later rabbinic stuff or yelling "pork fat rules".

And Hebrew Christians could discuss Resurrection Sunday without somebody yelling about about some pagan deity Eostre.

Not sure why it has to be redesigned and fixed when there are already rules and safeguards already in place. Novacaine is my friend at the dentist office, but maybe not needed here.

I agree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
It seems to me to just complicate the forum, and to divide the community.
I would think the emphasis should be as it is now, where everyone fellowships
in one main area, with small separate subforums for those who wish to use them.
However, the ones that exist now don't seem to get much action.

That is because the main forum is a free for all... and you know how it is when someone cries "fight" in the school yard.. we all run to see who are at it and over what.

Easy G (G²);59154007 said:
Great analogy. I'd add to that one that sometimes there are instigators, as they always are in highschool, who will cry "fight" or say to someone "Dude, he just made fun of yo mamma, what you gonna do???!"....and this is done in order to begin to a fight. Once the fight is over and the teachers are brought in to break it up, people beginning it either act as if they don't know what's up---or they may try to blame one side for starting it.

This made me smile. CF staff are wanting to do something would to divide the community and we lost a poster here, w while ago, who was doing some research when he/she was accused of trying to divide the community by some who are now supporting doing it. :scratch:
Thanks guys and gals....look below this is what I had in mind too....what are your thoughts?
I agree with this, in that I do not believe dividing the people will do any good, nor is healthy for any community.

I suggest we do not separate 'the people' but to divide 'the topics' that separate us. Meaning, the sub-forums at the top should not be for certain 'individuals' but certain 'theological differences' within Messianic Judaism.

I think you can sum the whole issue up in Torah observance. Two sides; one says 'after' salvation the indwelling of the Spirit leads all to follow the law given through Moshe, as Yisrael. The other side says, 'after' salvation the indwelling of the Spirit leads all to follow the Words given through Yeshua, as Jews or as Gentiles. One says that through the Spirit they have become One with Yisrael. The other says that through the Spirit they have become One with God through Yeshua.

So my suggestion would be to contain these theological differences within the two sub-forums. That way it's not a personal identification issue but simply a doctrinal issue. Then the restrictions wouldn't be based on the persons claimed identity (Jewish Christian/Messianic Judaism) thus dividing the community into sides, but based on what doctrine is being discussed. Then as a whole we can individually decide which forum to enter, based on our desire to participate in that groups lifestyle (belief).

If you want to discuss Messianic Judaism as defined by the theological definition that once saved the Spirit leads you to observe the law given Yisrael, as Yisrael, then there is a forum to discuss this to your hearts content. And to explain to all who may ask in reference to that theology your belief.

And, if you want to discuss Messianic Judaism as defined by the theological definition that once saved the Spirit leads you to observe the Words given through Yeshua, as Jew or Gentile, then there is a forum to discuss this to our hearts content. And to explain to all who may ask in reference to that theology our belief.

Each individual here could identify within their own theological forum. Torah observant as Yisrael, or Torah observant to the Words Yeshua spoke. And flaming would be a universal restriction, as always.

I disagree that the main forum would be dead, and the sub-forums would be overlooked. I don't really believe that someone wouldn't take the time to make one more click to get to their destination.

And when the post is the last post made, it doesn't matter where it was made, sub or main, it gets seen as the top post to the outside world.

Divide the topics, not the community. The community is divided enough over the topics.......

Hence, I don't believe a name change should indicate a 'people group' (Messianic Hebrew Christians/Torah Observant Messianic Believers) but a topic of discussion that defines our differences.

As an example, I think it would be neat to have a forum named "Tent of David" to express our belief in a 24/7 worship and relationship with God that happens OUTSIDE of the Tent of Moshe. That while that Tent's observances were being done, the presence of God was in another tent being worshiped by the King himself. A way to express our Torah observance OUTSIDE of being bound to the Tent of Moshe. Identifying the New covenant through Yeshua as opposed to the Old covenant through Moshe. AND yet still be identified as Jewish, or Gentile, whichever you were born.

Maybe the term 'Renewed Covenant' or such would work for the other side, but that is just a suggestion to throw out there. The other theological camp can come up with their own title, I'm sure.
:thumbsup:Lulav had a great title for the Torah observant topics did you all see that suggestion?

Anything as catchy you wanna use for the topics under YJeshua Words Torah one....lol thats a hard one to find a name for

PS sorry for typos Im blessed with a broken keyboard:p^_^

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
If we go the route of not using subforums by belief but by topic, why would we bother? We get in to arguments quite nicely already. So someone is discussing the Sabbath in the TO subforum, what's to keep non-TO's out of the discussion, thus, another lovely squabble.
On the other hand, a non-TO MJ is discussing Sunday church, what's to keep a Sabbatarian from getting in on the conversation and voila! another squabble.
There needs to be a faith/lifestyle subforum for each side to cut down on the arguments.
there needs to be safe havens in the subforums for sure:thumbsup:

Or maybe have the main forum by majority and a subforum for the minority. And anything that is not controversial in the main forum could be tagged as General for All??? Just throwing out ideas.

Sorry, but personally, I don't see that group fitting in anywhere. As to deny the deity of Yeshua is a foundational tenet of Christianity. I'm at a loss to understand why whole world wide groups of 'claimed' Christians like Mormans and Jehovah Witnesses are left out of these forums because they deny the deity of Yeshua, yet in this sub-forum there is an exception if one claims to be Messianic as well.

I don't think they should be included for this reason. Even scales. Why are they allowed to hold a Messianic icon and thus be allowed to express their belief that Yeshua is NOT God in the flesh, while huge majorities of Mormons and Jehovah's are left out in the cold?

It would appear to me that staff does not desire to deal with the non-trinitarian theologies. But they allow it to occur here. That confuses my moral compass, if you know what I mean.

That said, please don't accuse me of being bias to a group of individuals. I just don't think it's fair to keep huge amounts out, while allowing a small amount within. Choose one way or the other.

I believe this icon was originally intended and created for those who came out of Judaism and did not want to identify with Trinity. But as with most things Messianic, gentiles have ran with it, and now I see most non-trins are ex-Christians who reject the trinity. Having nothing to do with coming from a Jewish (non-trin) background, but with rebellion of all things Church related.

I imagine I did not mention the non-trin icon because it's a different issue than the issue at hand (Torah observance).
the topic is not allowed except in UT but the folks can post anywhere in these congregational forums with out promoting that belief or discussing it in here:)

Are there really that many non-TO's that come here?

I don't know if I like "squabbles", but I do enjoy a good discussion
where all sides do not necessarily agree. I find it a good learning experience.

But that is what I was defining. In your two examples above, why would a non-TO enter into a TO forum discussion, with the intend to debate and counter. That is what should be restricted. We could go into the other forum and fellowship, but not counter or debate.

Your discussing Shabbat and it's theological nuances that pertain to your belief in the TO forum. Non-TO's would be restricted to fellowship in the TO forum. The same goes for the other. We are discussing our freedom and how we relate to Torah. TO's would be restricted to fellowship in the non-TO forum.

With the main form for fellowship between all parties, within and without of the MJ forums.
:thumbsup:
thoughts on that guys?

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

not redesigning just refocusing:thumbsup:

Tishri1,

When does the 3 month test start? Presently can't tell.
not yet

Are we there yet?
soon^_^:hug:

Arewethereyetarewethereyetarewethereyet!
^_^ soon! dont make me come back there:p^_^:hug:

Upvote 0