272 Slaves Were Sold to Save Georgetown. What Does It Owe Their Descendants?

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Might want to pick up a history book sometime. There were plenty of africans who weren't sold into slavery by other africans. It's moronic to claim that an entire race was subjugated into slavery. It also makes me wonder... what people do you think the arabs were selling into slavery? Given that the arab slave trade dwarfed that of the european one, I'm just trying to figure out your thinking.

So, the ENTIRE RACE is now in the US and enslaved, so who were the arabs enslaving in africa?

You just did. Stop being a coward and stand by your own words.
The slave trade is still going strong across the globe with an estimated 27 million slaves worldwide, more than during the "high times" of slavery.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Uncle Siggy

Promulgator of Annoying Tidbits of Information
Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
5367832.jpg

Upvote 0

KTatis

Mar 17, 2007
The Heavenly Abode
✟1,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This guy would disagree...

https://www.probe.org/west-africans-to-african-americans-we-apologize-for-slavery/

From that page...

"Historians estimate that during the 17th century, as many as 3 million people were rounded up in Benin -- actually kidnapped -- by their own leaders and sold as slaves."

So much for a "needle in a haystack". I'll stop by later when I'm less busy to explain the economics of what you're suggesting is absurd.

Edit- also this...
http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/41431

Time to learn the truth.

Indeed it is time to learn the truth, but are you gonna accept are reply with a straw-man rebuttal? yeah i seen this article long ago. It originally states that Ghana apologized for it's ROLE in slavery. Even then Ghana can apologize for it's role in slavery and offer 5,000 dollars to blacks to come back to Ghana but yet America cant even stand up and do the same?

America says get over it, it was a long time ago, hey man what are you doing this is reverse racism. Again another american trying to put the blame off of himself and throwing it on someone else.

https://www.modernghana.com/news/10...or-its-role-in-slave-trade-countrys-50th.html

Even then you have not even dismissed my point. I have told you there were only a few people who traded slaves and accepted European weapons. Many other Africans fought against such wickedness and was destroyed for doing the right thing. You act as if every African killed their brother and sold them into slavery, i say unto you sir, this couldn't be farther from the truth.

Also you count out the fact that over 4 million slaves were killed in the atlantic, you count out the fact the africans also were destroyed systematically and their culture erased and language lost? Who is responsible for this?

Who is responsible for 100 years of segregation? Who was responsible for the current condition of Africa and poor living conditions of the African-american communities? Who was responsible for those trains that went into the black communities with drugs and guns back in the late 1960s and early 1970s? Oh they didn't tell you that school huh?

Who was responsible for the first terrorist attack via plane on american soil? Who was responsible for every drug store and gun store on every corner in the black community? Who was responsible for black wall street? My point being you can't africans had something to do with slave trade ergo blacks are guilty. Nah homeboy it don't work like that.

You know good and well what your ancestors did was the closest thing on earth to being a devil. there is no excuse for such wickedness. The Africans do deserve something for the suffering and destruction of their culture but not your money. Something you wouldn't even dare to phantom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
When you look at the standard of living among black people living in America and the rest of the western world and then that of Africans living in Africa it becomes obvious to me that despite the horrors of the slave trade we may have done them a favour ultimately.
Which Africans? Which country? I love when people trot out, "Black people should be thankful they were slaves, look at all their standard of living in America!" How do you even begin to dissect the layers of racism here? For one thing, their standard of living should be higher, but we'll just leave that onion of racism alone. I want to take some time to acknowledge the greatness of the atomic bomb, how else would we have gotten Playstation?!"

Upvote 0

Pwnerer

Sep 22, 2007
✟16,085.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
So let me get this straight. If I forcibly kidnap and beat your wife and separated you from your family killed half your family and for the sake of argument let's say I get away with it all and all my desires for lust, greed, gluttony was fulfilled through me kidnapping your family and having my way with them and not only that but my son continues this "tradition-slash-culture" with your children, and my grand children continue to dehumanize your grand children and so on until you your desendants don't know left from right up from down and even their name and heritage is taken from them and replaced with a byword and are called ignorant, lazy, and are put into poor lving conditions for the rest of their days you wouldn't seek justice simply because you don't consider them family?

Either you just wish to escape responsibility(ignorance) or you wouldn't give 2 cares if you own daughter or grand daughter went missing.(selfish)

I could care less altho the choice is yours I simply provided you with the truth.
Georgetown payed the price when bought the slaves. They payed monetarily and morally, adopting African chattel slavery into white culture. What should be done is to find out the region of Africa they were from, and force that country to pay reparations. Not only did they export the slaves, but they helped poison white culture with a dehumanizing institution from oppressive black culture.

Upvote 0

KTatis

Mar 17, 2007
The Heavenly Abode
✟1,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Georgetown payed the price when bought the slaves. They payed monetarily and morally, adopting African chattel slavery into white culture. What should be done is to find out the region of Africa they were from, and force that country to pay reparations. Not only did they export the slaves, but they helped poison white culture with a dehumanizing institution from oppressive black culture.

And you believe you can say whatever you wish do as you please and your almighty gloryfied Jesus will rescue you from the pits of hell confederate flag in hand right??? If there are others that think like you I guess it looks like a lot of humans will be surprised on their judgement day. Oh well let the wicked destroy the wicked.

Psalms 34:21 - Evil will slay the wicked; the foes of the righteous will be condemned.

Upvote 0

Pwnerer

Sep 22, 2007
✟16,085.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
And you believe you can say whatever you wish do as you please and your almighty gloryfied Jesus will rescue you from the pits of hell confederate flag in hand right??? If there are others that think like you I guess it looks like a lot of humans will be surprised on their judgement day. Oh well let the wicked destroy the wicked.

Psalms 34:21 - Evil will slay the wicked; the foes of the righteous will be condemned.
Not sure what you're getting at here, or how it relates to what I wrote. Is there something wrong with what I wrote?

Last edited:
Reactions: KTatis
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The only way for the field to be level is to cut all the grass equal with the shortest blade. I believe it was Mao who was all about field leveling metaphors.
Um, no, but your strawman is noted. We'ee talking about making the field level, not individual geass stalks. The point is equitablity, not making everyone equal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Um, no, but your strawman is noted. We'ee talking about making the field level, not individual geass stalks. The point is equitablity, not making everyone equal.

If only. The goal is equal outcome, which in reality is impossible.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

If only. The goal is equal outcome, which in reality is impossible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL,... you have a gift.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I like the implication that there is a "white culture" and even more hilarious that it is somehow more noble than another. Keep om believing your strange lie.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Pwnerer

Sep 22, 2007
✟16,085.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
I like the implication that there is a "white culture" and even more hilarious that it is somehow more noble than another. Keep om believing your strange lie.
Cool. I like the implication that there is a "Filipino culture" and even more hilarious the idea that it might somehow deserve to keep existing and stuff

Upvote 0