Feb 28, 2006
✟17,837.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Huffington Post?!

You gotta be kidding.

hey, thats the first link i copied when i looked it up on google. so if the story is legit who cares where it came from?

you wanna find a more reputable paper that says the same thing, be my guest and post it.

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/30/pentagon-plans-to-keep-20_n_147283.html

i heard this an hour ago in the car on the way home, thought you all deserved to know.

tell your friends, family, loved ones.

i refuse to debate this, if you see nothing wrong with this PLEASE seek serious mental treatment.

that is all.

We already have tens of thousands of troops stationed in the US. Your discontent is illogical. I particularly like what appears to be a reactivation of the Civil Defense Force. They served vital roles in our country previously, plus in many of our allies countries currently.

Upvote 0

ydouxist

Senior Veteran
Nov 27, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟19,940.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is US Troops.

Not China troops.

Or Russian troops.

US troops number far more than 20,000. now.

Helping with security in the world today is smart.

Thanks for the offer but I will pass on the mental check up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What this tells me is that they believe attacks on U.S soil are imminent. It is only a matter of time before what we saw in the news in India this past week shows up here in the U.S. ... I would suspect multiple, strategic terrorist attacks on U.S. soil. I figure it will not likely be anywhere as frequent as attacks in Israel are due simply to convienence and the mutual hatred between Israelies and Palestinians in that country, but I think it is inevitable and that it is part of the new reality of global terrorism.

I think the build up of forces in Iraq did in fact protect the American people to a certain extent, but that it was only a temporary solution and that even though I think it has been effective in that regard, that it was not justifed on the basis of principle.

For the record: I was for us going into Afganistan and against us going into Iraq from the very beginning, so Obama's strategy concerning the war so far is one that I am very pleased with.

Concerning additional military troops acting liasion with state and local authorities, I think it is probably a smart move based on the fact that the U.S. military has the experience and manpower to fight this type of threat. Having said that, this terribly concerns me for a number of reasons (some already stated) one reason this is a bad idea, is that our military is trained to fight wars, not be policeman. There is a significant difference between the two.

Upvote 0

Zugzwang

Feb 28, 2006
✟17,837.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i think most of you are missing the point, i thought it was obvious.

the military is not supposed to be policing anything within its own borders period, that's not its job. that's why we have the national guard, cops, etc.

we're frogs in water with the temp going up minutely.

think nothing of it when it goes south and those "emergency immigration centers" (you know, the ones to help with the immigration problem in this country that nothing is being done about?) that don't exist are used to house US civilians instead.

move along citizen, nothing to see here.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

the military is not supposed to be policing anything within its own borders period, that's not its job. that's why we have the national guard, cops, etc.

think nothing of it when it goes south and those "emergency immigration centers" (you know, the ones to help with the immigration problem in this country that nothing is being done about?) that don't exist are used to house US civilians instead.

I agree, we already have the National Guard, there is no reason for these 20,000 army troops.

You might also find this of interest.

http://www.libertyforlife.com/jail-police/us_concentration_camps.htm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zugzwang

Feb 28, 2006
✟17,837.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yeah those were the camps i was talking about. :)

i know this will mostly fall on deaf ears, but that's not my job to make ppl listen.

my job, is to put it out there, which i have done. my conscience is clear.

all silly differences aside, if you are a citizen of USA, you need to take this seriously.

good day.

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Yes I understand that, but you do realize that the same rules do not apply in a post 9-11 war? Should they??? Yes...do they? no!

The U.S. people have been dumbed down. They believe whatever the TV tells them to believe.

The patriot act is Unconstitutional!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNRSs6LsGeI

Upvote 0

Zugzwang

Feb 28, 2006
✟17,837.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i understand that those willing to give up their freedom for safety deserve neither.

i understand that.

i also understand that the way to keep democracy intact, is not to practice its polar opposite, fascism.

i'm not a "flower power" person, but know this. those that get new powers, seldom (read NEVER) give them back, or return things the way they were. those that think once "all of this" is over, that it'll be the way it was before 9-11 are SERIOUSLY deluded.

its just not a part of the human condition (sin) to make oneself less powerful. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
7794Ben-Franklin-Posters.jpg

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You know what? Those troops would of come in real handy during Katrina.

That is essentially the idea behind this so Katrina or riots don't happen again.
The National Guard was mobilized for Katrina, there was no need for US Army troops and US Army troops is not the answer for what went wrong during Katrina.

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The National Guard was mobilized for Katrina, there was no need for US Army troops and US Army troops is not the answer for what went wrong during Katrina.

The problem was they were slow to get there. Of course, there was also a shortage of them since many were deployed overseas.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.