Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You do realize that refugees tend to come from areas with a lot of issues?
I am talking about issues that we have had with them. I do, in fact realize that that is the point of refugees.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
im just saying the feds should monitor them as much as us citizens are monitored

And you have reason to think they would be monitored less than citizens?

they know where immigrants are but not refugees come on i bet other Country's are keeping better eye on syrian refugees since the Paris attacks

But there is no evidence the terrorists were Syrians. But agree that xenophobia will be increased with these attacks, rightly or wrongly.

why would you equate a refugee camp with a concentration camp so NYC is just a big concentration camp ? lol

I don't equate refugee camps with concentration camps. Refugee camps are operated by the United Nations while they try and find countries that will take them in permanently.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private

The majority of refugees are not young males. Who told you that, Ben Carson? In fact, the majority of refugees are women. Young males make up only about the 21% of the refugees.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/09/stretching-facts-on-syrian-refugees/
I have nothing to do with Ben Carson, I do not consider factcheck nor the UN as authoritative sources.

Yes, the Xenophobes do.
You say that as if being a xenophobe is a bad thing - it isn't. It's natural, and common to all sane beings, for the preservation of one's own culture and self.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I have nothing to do with Ben Carson, I do not consider factcheck nor the UN as authoritative sources.

So what was your "authoritative" source for this?

You say that as if being a xenophobe is a bad thing

It is. Just like racism, sexism, etc.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Voter ID laws, closing down voter registration places, limiting polling places and installing faulty machinery in poorer areas, restricting early voting, etc.
As for voter ID that is important we want to make sure that only those who are legally allowed to vote vote.

As for limiting polling places this is an honest question EVERY public place being a polling place, then

As for registertion I do not see how having a deadline to register keeps people from voting or even not having every where be a registering place.

As for faulty equipment, if I said IF this is true and they can PROVE it then that is wrong and should be dealt with legally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Anyone who uses the Confederate flag as their icon, a symbol of both treason and racism, is giving credence to the race card.

The Confederate Flag is a symbol of the Rebel South, nothing more, nothing less.
People have simply turned it into being racism, and calling it 'treason' simply makes one a straight up tool. Completely disrespectful to the free state of American history and the stipulations thereof. If the South is 'treasonous', then the North is a 'tyrant'.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
So if 10% of those refugees from Syria allowed to emigrate are NOT Christian then what?

Hi,

I don't think I understand your question. It turns out, the immigration could be and is, totally without prejudice, as although there are only 3% of the total amount of Syrian Immigrants who are Christian, in some cases that would be egregiously unfair to Muslims, as some parts of Syria have no Christians at all.

Look at the distribution map, for religions in Syria in that Wikipedia article that was posted. The Christians, although 10% of the total population, are not equally distributed through out the country.

If they were, then only 10% of the immigrants should be Christians in an immigration, if there are not other factors involved, such as special opression.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
As for voter ID that is important we want to make sure that only those who are legally allowed to vote vote.

If that were the real issue they would tighten up absentee ballots because that is where most voter fraud occurs. That don't do that because absentee ballots tend to go Republican.

As for registertion I do not see how having a deadline to register keeps people from voting or even not having every where be a registering place.

I'm not talking about having deadlines to register, I'm talking about getting rid of venues for voter registration as was recently done in Alabama. There are entire counties now with no place to register. And those are the countries with the highest number of African-Americans voters.

As for faulty equipment, if I said IF this is true and they can PROVE it then that is wrong and should be dealt with legally.

And how do you do that when the same people enforce the laws?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If that were the real issue they would tighten up absentee ballots because that is where most voter fraud occurs. That don't do that because absentee ballots tend to go Republican.

I'm not talking about having deadlines to register, I'm talking about getting rid of venues for voter registration as was recently done in Alabama. There are entire counties now with no place to register. And those are the countries with the highest number of African-Americans voters.

And how do you do that when the same people enforce the laws?
Well, as for counties not having anywhere to register it would seem that either they could register to vote in another county or that the counties with no places to register would end up with NO local government ( If one have to be registered in the county.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Which committed treason in order to preserve and extend black slavery.

It belongs in the same category as the Swastika.
For YEARS people had no issue it is a FLAG. Why is it now people have issues with it?

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Which committed treason in order to preserve and extend black slavery.

It belongs in the same category as the Swastika.

Abraham Lincoln expressed his belief in the supremacy of white men, the North simply wanted the South to industrialize.

Case closed, good day, good bye. The recent attempt in the revision of historical reality is just political correctness gone haywire, and people should feel embarrassed for it.

When black southerners themselves are just as frustrated as white southerners with that nonsense, it tells all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0