16 U.S. States are refusing to allow Syrian refugees

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
It's disgusting, but not unexpected, since the GOP is so xenophobic these days. Perhaps they'd be okay with having the following scratched out on Liberty Island?
:rolleyes:

Actually what's disgusting, but not unexpected, is how willfully blind and stupid liberals are these days and how once again the race card proves it is all-powerful.

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...and as we have seen, there was very little to no screening of recent Syrian refugees entering Europe. There is a high level of screening for any refugee seeking to enter the U.S.

We all agree that refugees should be screened to the best of our government's ability...while acknowledging even the best screening can not detect one's true intentions or thoughts.

I don't believe anyone has suggested the US should take an unlimited number of refugees.
Wing 2000, I hope you're right on the screening. But the FBI has said it will be impossible to screen them all, if a lot of them, so I can see why governors of states are wanting to protect their citizens. I can't blame them.
Again: The First responsibility of a Nation is to protect it's citizens- I don't see anyone here getting upset with other countries who can't take more or refuse to take them. I have no problem taking some if they can be thoroughly screened or vetted. The FBI has said they cannot--at least not now.

Reactions: dogs4thewin
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
:rolleyes:

Actually what's disgusting, but not unexpected, is how willfully blind and stupid liberals are these days and how once again the race card proves it is all-powerful.

Anyone who uses the Confederate flag as their icon, a symbol of both treason and racism, is giving credence to the race card.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
That's not certain. The Syrian passport was faked. ISIS may be trying to create a false trail.
The passport was probably stolen. It is thought to have belonged to a soldier in Assad's army, who is presumed to have died in Homs iirc.

But we do know that the suicide bomber came through Greece a few weeks ago, as the corpse's fingerprints match those given in Greece.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,421,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The passport was probably stolen. It is thought to have belonged to a soldier in Assad's army, who is presumed to have died in Homs iirc.

But we do know that the suicide bomber came through Greece a few weeks ago, as the corpse's fingerprints match those given in Greece.

....and in any case, ISIL has and continues to recruit people already residing in France, Belgium, Germany, US, etc. Stopping all refugees from one country reduces the threat very minimally. It would be a big mistake to believe this measure provides any level of increased security.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟893,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wing 2000, I hope you're right on the screening. But the FBI has said it will be impossible to screen them all, if a lot of them, so I can see why governors of states are wanting to protect their citizens. I can't blame them.
Again: The First responsibility of a Nation is to protect it's citizens- I don't see anyone here getting upset with other countries who can't take more or refuse to take them. I have no problem taking some if they can be thoroughly screened or vetted. The FBI has said they cannot--at least not now.
I mean if they can be SURE that the people coming are not a security threat I have NO problem accepting some.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
However when 31 states are opposing a particular thing then is that not sending a message to the federal government.

Unfortunately because young people, minorities and the poor fail to vote in bi-elections, state governments tend to be controlled by the far-right. The same folks who gerrymandered the Congressional Districts and passed laws making it harder for these same people to vote.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single

It was forged. The very same passport showed up in Serbia.

Yeah, he probably did disguise himself as a refugee. But given that most of the terrorists were French citizens, it is not like keeping Syrians out would have prevented this. It might have been harder to get orders through from ISIS but with the Internet, etc. how hard can that be?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟893,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Unfortunately because young people, minorities and the poor fail to vote in bi-elections, state governments tend to be controlled by the far-right. The same folks who gerrymandered the Congressional Districts and passed laws making it harder for these same people to vote.
How do they make it harder for them to vote?

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
It's very clear what God's Word says on this topic, there's no special interpretation needed except for those who want to twist it because they don't want to obey God's Word.
It's not my "personal opinion", my morality comes from God via His Word. I have said that more than once. God's morality is the only true morality. God's Word explains what is right and what is wrong regarding how Christians should treat refugees. It's very simple, I don't know what you are having trouble with.
No, it's not clear that this flood of young males are "refugees". Others consider them enemy invaders, and as such, verses such as 1Pet 2:14, Rom 13:4, Luke 14:31, Luke 22:36, and Judges 2:17 apply. So, as enemy invaders, it's very clear what your god's word says on that topic, there's no special interpretation needed except for those who want to twist it because they don't want to obey your god's word.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Yeah, he probably did disguise himself as a refugee. But given that most of the terrorists were French citizens, it is not like keeping Syrians out would have prevented this. It might have been harder to get orders through from ISIS but with the Internet, etc. how hard can that be?
I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of the French/Belgian Jihadis in Syria, looking for a way to get home to commit these atrocities. I also have not yet ruled out the idea that this was a deliberate ploy by ISIS, to turn European opinion against refugees, though that does seem a little unlikely. Hopefully his true identity will be discovered in the fullness of time, though it might never be.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of the French/Belgian Jihadis in Syria, looking for a way to get home to commit these atrocities. I also have not yet ruled out the idea that this was a deliberate ploy by ISIS, to turn European opinion against refugees, though that does seem a little unlikely.

You would think in that case, there would be more than just one of the terrorists with a fake Syrian passport. Fortunately ISIS appears to have made the mistake of copying the same passport multiple times which should make it easy to find those who infiltrated refugee camps. And the nice part of it is we are more likely to catch those guys alive.

Did you hear that two of the terrorists had been operating a bar known for selling drugs? Such piety!

Upvote 0

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When was that when it was up to 22?

i heard it might be up to 33 but CNN says its 31 unless CNN hasnt updated that info their last update was last night . i think Obama should rethink his policy of scattering all the refugees from this ISIS country all over the US in 190 cities and then let them go anywhere and not monitor them at all their comings and goings i support governors efforts i think the main goal is to pressure Obama to vet the refugees better and then keep track of them its not the job of the charities there going to be staying at to monitor anyone at least they should be given SS cards to know where they are working at last like the govt knows where all of us are im not impressed with Obamas domestic/terrorism security policy and washington DC has no problem settling refugees thats the one state that shouldnt be allowing them if they can travel anywhere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
i heard it might be up to 33 but CNN says its 31 unless CNN hasnt updated that info their last update was last night . i think Obama should rethink his policy of scattering all the refugees from this ISIS country all over the US in 190 cities and then let them go anywhere and not monitor them at all their comings and goings

Once they are allowed into the US they have to be treated in accordance with US law. You can't set up concentration camps for them.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟893,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is true... anyone from anywhere with any colour of skin or any religion or none might come and live in your state and you won't know who is who. You gonna stop all them, too?

Chris
No but when a particular area has had an awful lot of issues

Upvote 0

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Once they are allowed into the US they have to be treated in accordance with US law. You can't set up concentration camps for them.
im just saying the feds should monitor them as much as us citizens are monitored where they are where theyre working as much as we are monitored by the feds they should be too let them go anywhere but know where they are . they know where immigrants are but not refugees come on i bet other Country's are keeping better eye on syrian refugees since the Paris attacks and know where they are , when there are recent threats of attacks after a series of attacks the gov should take that seriously and not worry so much about being PC and offending people . and why would you equate a refugee camp with a concentration camp so NYC is just a big concentration camp ? lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0