Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jeolmstead again.

Good OP which talks about works of faith and receiving based on works of faith regardless the subject is "ice cream". Someone may try to give someone "credit" for getting the blessings from God when they think they have done it from the works of faith (measure of faith). There is a misunderstanding "living by faith" (Galatians 2:20) to mean that focusing on "our effort" based on works rather than obedience to holiness, adding faith and fruits through grace. In Galatians 6:3 says "If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself." Confession is more of an outward expression to seperate self from unbelievers. Romans 10:10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. Faith will express itself in faith deeds not just words alone. The question becomes when a person say: "I am a believer in Christ" and practice what God calls it sin is where God will meet this person in the core, in the heart. This is where God determines a person's salvation.

Upvote 0

jeolmstead

-That’s me in the corner, losing my religion
Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think Pete is right, I have gone too far.

I have attempted in this thread to only use arguments that I’ve have heard in this forum to support and proclaim some various doctrinal positions concerning faith and receiving from God.

It was meant to be absurd and over the top. I hoped it would cause some of us to think about what we believe and why we believe it.

Reaction to it has predictably come down on party lines, so, some thought it was great and some thought it was awful.

I’m pretty sure it changed no one’s mind.

The net result of this (for me) is that I have become tingling brass and a clanging cymbal. This is not good.

John O.

Reactions: J4Jesus
Upvote 0

J4Jesus

MY HEART BELONGS TO JESUS
Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith

I have attempted in this thread to only use arguments that I’ve have heard in this forum to support and proclaim some various doctrinal positions concerning faith and receiving from God.

It was meant to be absurd and over the top. I hoped it would cause some of us to think about what we believe and why we believe it.

Reaction to it has predictably come down on party lines, so, some thought it was great and some thought it was awful.

The net result of this (for me) is that I have become tingling brass and a clanging cymbal. This is not good.

John O.

Bless you John O.

"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

Upvote 0

Glenda

More, Lord.. More of You..
Sep 22, 2005
United States
Visit site
✟76,316.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

John O.

May God guide your steps upon the path He has chosen for you.. May His blessings rain upon you & yours.. Amen..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.