Pro-Palestinian supporters at Columbia University confront Jews ‘to push them out of camp’

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟838,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Or guilt for gaining land through warfare, when nobody else has. That is antisemitic. Especially when the warfare was self defense to begin with, both times.
"The Jews" do not bear guilt for Israel's illegal occupation of the occupied territories, or the illegal settlements built there.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟838,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Why are they caving to a bunch of kids?
Probably just to make your argument that the students are just virtue signaling and making themselves feel good look terrible.

• Winner
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟763,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It doesn’t seem like any of the anti Israel factions ever considered that Hamas surrendering last year was an option. Hamas are probably heroes to many but they are really premeditated murderers who have probably achieved a stranglehold on Gaza politics.

• Winner
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟307,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Which are not occupied, nor illegal. They were attacked, and Hamas will lose and those that support them.
Read about the 1967 war and the West Bank. Then you shall find out about the occupied territories.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟204,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Probably just to make your argument that the students are just virtue signaling and making themselves feel good look terrible.
Or brainwashed by paid influencers. these are all over our schools not just colleges either. Even here I think.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This is elegant, thank you.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,266.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Your probably right. They are just virtue signaling and once this is over will just start again.

And the kids don't need any help looking good terrible. They are doing a fine job all by themselves.

And now the colleges are looking just as bad caving in and giving the kids a false sense that throwing a twmper tantrum will get them whatever they want. They'll be in for a shock in the real world. Although a lot of these kid's probably won't be getting real jobs anyway. They'll probably join the ranks of professional leftist agitators and claim the rest of society owes them a living.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Your probably right. They are just virtue signaling and once this is over will just start again.
That’s how “the redress of grievances” works, though…this is “normal”.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Slibhin

Apr 8, 2024
Toronto
✟4,534.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
If you are literally speaking all Jews in Israel or even Jerusalem at the time you are correct. But the majority of the people at the so called trial were Jewish calling for his death. Combined that the Jews, even today, reject Jesus as their Messiah lends credence to that stance.
I didn't realize we were responsible for the actions of a mob 2000 years ago, assuming your bible is accurate about the incident. I wonder how this squares with:

Deuteronomy 24:16 "Fathers shall not be put to death because of sons, nor shall sons be put to death because of fathers; each man shall be put to death for his own transgression."

• Informative
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟763,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The pro Hamas college heroes probably do not approve of increasing dissent within Iran since the Iranian authorities sponsor their Hamas heroes.

Upvote 0

Slibhin

Apr 8, 2024
Toronto
✟4,534.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm not interested in any gods, but I'm going to call your antisemitic remark antisemitic.
You are encountering something called "Replacement theology", the belief by some Christians that G-d has discarded the Jews and given Christians his covenant. Aside from the fact that this directly contradicts the Torah and is based on classic antisemitism, even their own bible does not support this or the idea we are forever responsible.

While it is true that their bible says a mob goaded Pilate into ordering the execution of Jesus, ultimately he was killed by the Romans. Somehow you don't see Christians claiming the Romans have "generational guilt" for killing their Messiah.

- The Jews were not in charge of Israel when Jesus lived, the Romans were. Apparently G-d decided to punish us for rejecting their Messiah ahead of schedule. The Jewish authorities did not have the power to order anyone killed.

- Crucifixion is not the method of execution for blasphemy in the Torah. In fact we are to avoid cruel and unusual punishment.

- Even if the Jews had been in power, the burden of proof for blasphemy charges are VERY high. In the Talmud it mentions rabbis having a discussion where they could only recall one time such an execution had ever been carried out in their lifetime. Even then they only heard about it, meaning it may not have even happened. There are no written records of anyone in Israel ever being executed for blasphemy charges.

- The Torah, in fact numerous times in the Tanakh HaShem specifically says people are not responsible for the sins of others.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟244,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, any violent protester that takes over a building should be jailed, just as these Columbia protestors need to be jailed for (same with the ones that invaded the Capitol in 2021, but that is for another thread).
First, you need to confirm that violence is being perpetrated by the protestors on the campus. I have not seen convincing evidence of such. Then, fine, go ahead and arrest.
Is your objection to the violence, the taking over of the building, or the theme of the protest? I would feel more respectful of your position if you indicated that you deplore the actions of elements of the Israeli state in Gaza. It is possible to be pro-Jewish, pro-Israel and decidedly anti-current Israeli actions, which carry - from my perspective - the hallmarks of genocide.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟118,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First, you need to confirm that violence is being perpetrated by the protestors on the campus. I have not seen convincing evidence of such. Then, fine, go ahead and arrest.
Is your objection to the violence, the taking over of the building, or the theme of the protest? I would feel more respectful of your position if you indicated that you deplore the actions of elements of the Israeli state in Gaza. It is possible to be pro-Jewish, pro-Israel and decidedly anti-current Israeli actions, which carry - from my perspective - the hallmarks of genocide.
My objection is that campuses are a place for learning, and students should feel safe learning. Walk out protests can be held, but just keep them away from schools. I am anti-war actually (I do not like the IDF hurting innocent people in Gaza, and I despise Hamas). Both sides need to root out the evil first, and come to a peaceful agreement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟244,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
My objection is that campuses are a place for learning, and students should feel safe learning.
Colleges and universities are also places for personal development and understanding ones role in society and responsibility for others. Frankly, paying the price of "feeling unsafe while learning" is a considerably smaller price than that being paid by the dead on either side in the current M.E. fracas. I'm not shedding any tears for any poor student whose complaceny is disrupted by colleagues responsible enough to protest on behalf of those who don't have the luxury of a generally peaceful education. I look to Ghandi for how to behave in these instances.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟838,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
No the Palestinians and Arabs bare the guilt for that.
No people bear collective guilt for things that only a certain subset did.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟838,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Congressman praises heckling of Gaza protesters at University of Mississippi that included racist jeer

“Ole Miss taking care of business,” Republican U.S. Rep. Mike Collins wrote Friday on the social platform X with a link to a video showing racist jeers.

University of Mississippi opens student conduct probe after confrontation between Black student and counterprotesters

The University of Mississippi has opened a student conduct investigation after actions of “hostility and racist overtones” were portrayed during a demonstration on campus.

About 30 pro-Palestinian protesters were demonstrating in a barricaded zone when they were surrounded by an estimated 200 counterprotesters, some holding American flags, several Trump flags and some dressed in red, white, and blue.

Jaylin R. Smith, 24, confirmed to CNN she is the woman seen in the video.

“One thing that will never break me is people taunting me or making monkey noises at me,” the journalism and new media graduate student told CNN on Friday.

Smith said she is disappointed the confrontation has become the topic of conversation now, rather than a ceasefire in Gaza.

Time to flip this around. At the time, I was saying the protestors might face punishment from their schools for hate speech directed at Jewish students, despite hate speech being protected speech. But what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
Separate from the legal aspects, these schools no doubt have Codes of Conduct and generally support wicked things like DEI. So if some of the protestors' conduct is sufficiently harassing to a particular chunk of the diverse and inclusive student body, there might be cause for administrative action from the schools.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,266.00
Faith
Pentecostal
That’s how “the redress of grievances” works, though…this is “normal”.
Lol they don't even know if they gave a grievance. They are disrupting tge entire campus for other students on things they don't even know about. They might as we be disrupting things over their universities doing business with Martians.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,266.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You are encountering something called "Replacement theology", the belief by some Christians that G-d has discarded the Jews and given Christians his covenant. Aside from the fact that this directly contradicts the Torah and is based on classic antisemitism, even their own bible does not support this or the idea we are forever responsible.

While it is true that their bible says a mob goaded Pilate into ordering the execution of Jesus, ultimately he was killed by the Romans. Somehow you don't see Christians claiming the Romans have "generational guilt" for killing their Messiah.

- The Jews were not in charge of Israel when Jesus lived, the Romans were. Apparently G-d decided to punish us for rejecting their Messiah ahead of schedule. The Jewish authorities did not have the power to order anyone killed.

- Crucifixion is not the method of execution for blasphemy in the Torah. In fact we are to avoid cruel and unusual punishment.

- Even if the Jews had been in power, the burden of proof for blasphemy charges are VERY high. In the Talmud it mentions rabbis having a discussion where they could only recall one time such an execution had ever been carried out in their lifetime. Even then they only heard about it, meaning it may not have even happened. There are no written records of anyone in Israel ever being executed for blasphemy charges.

- The Torah, in fact numerous times in the Tanakh HaShem specifically says people are not responsible for the sins of others.
You forget that Pilot found no guilt in Christ and was going to let him go. But the Jews raised such a fuss about he decided to see what they really wanted. He gave them a choice of a known criminal or Christ and they chose the criminal. Then he asked them what they wanted to do with Jesus and they wanted a crucifixion. He gave them what they wanted and washed his hands of the whole thing. Yes the Roman's did the act. But Jews wanted it. Note what Peter a Jew says.

“Men of Isra’el! Listen to this! Yeshua from Natzeret was a man demonstrated to you to have been from God by the powerful works, miracles and signs that God performed through him in your presence. You yourselves know this. This man was arrested in accordance with God’s predetermined plan and foreknowledge; and, through the agency of persons not bound by the Torah, you nailed him up on a stake and killed him! “But God has raised him up and freed him from the suffering of death; it was impossible that death could keep its hold on him. For David says this about him:‘I saw always before me,for he is at my right hand,so that I will not be shaken. “Brothers, I know I can say to you frankly that the patriarch David died and was buried — his tomb is with us to this day. Therefore, since he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn an oath to him that one of his descendants would sit on his throne, he was speaking in advance about the resurrection of the Messiah, that it was he who was not abandoned in Sh’ol and whose flesh did not see decay. God raised up this Yeshua! And we are all witnesses of it! “Moreover, he has been exalted to the right hand of God; has received from the Father what he promised, namely, the Ruach HaKodesh; and has poured out this gift, which you are both seeing and hearing. For David did not ascend into heaven. But he says, Therefore, let the whole house of Isra’el know beyond doubt that God has made him both Lord and Messiah — this Yeshua, whom you executed on a stake!” On hearing this, they were stung in their hearts; and they said to Kefa and the other emissaries, “Brothers, what should we do?” Kefa answered them, “Turn from sin, return to God, and each of you be immersed on the authority of Yeshua the Messiah into forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Ruach HaKodesh! For the promise is for you, for your children, and for those far away — as many as our God may call!”

He said the Jews killed Chrust through the Romans.

But the thing is this wax God's plan through his foreknowledge. He knew what would happen when he sent the Messiah. Jesus will be the judge if all mankind. And you won't find me yelling at the Jews. Those Jews are long gone. You are not responsible fir Christ's death. You are only responsible for yourself and the decisions you make. Same as everyone else. You aren't responsible for the Crucifixion for being a Jew anymore than I'm responsible for slavery in America because I'm white.

You are only responsible for what you do with the Messiah.

• Winner
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0