Columbia’s Catholic chaplain: Campus protests were pushed by ‘explicitly communist’ outsiders

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,741,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Father Roger Landry, a Catholic chaplain at Columbia University, said on Thursday that the protests making national headlines at the New York City school are being organized in part by “explicitly communist” outside forces.
“There is an instrumentalization of what’s going on in Gaza to advance an agenda,” he said. “And that is to deconstruct our present world order at which the United States is considered the top of that order.”
Speaking on EWTN’s “The World Over with Raymond Arroyo,” Landry said that he had been walking through the encampment nearly daily, conversing with student protesters and other “outside agitators.”
While he said he believes that many of the protesters were genuinely concerned for Gazan civilians, there was a sizable percentage of whom were “explicitly in favor of Hamas” and “definitely antisemitic by their language and their actions.”

What is going on at Columbia?​

Continued below.

May 2, 2024
Kentucky
✟874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I want to be charitable here but it is difficult. These Universities have becomes bastions of extremism and Leftism. Any faculty with conservative views were purged long ago. And faculty were some of the participants in the protests!

There were outside influences involved, her is correct there, but he needs to come to grips with the fact that the faculty and most of the student body were on board with it all. It sounds to me like he is trying to shift the blame off of the people he works with.

I'd love to know who he voted for.

Upvote 0
May 2, 2024
Kentucky
✟874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Capture1.JPG