Pro-Palestinian supporters at Columbia University confront Jews ‘to push them out of camp’

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟714,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I certainly support their right to air their hate speech without fear of government reprisal.
When the speech incites violence - it is not protected anymore.
Again, you are the one calling to end protected speech.
I'm not sure what the laws are in Canada - but here in the US - inciting violence is not protected speech.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟838,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Not according to God; I quoted His position not mine.
Well, the bible doesn't literally say that it's not antisemitism. You're just saying that you interpret the bible to say that this antisemitic trope is just (because God said it). You're in good company. Luther's work "On the Jews and Their Lies" also makes it a point to say that "Jews blaspheme Jesus in their synagogues ... and revile Christians who believe Him to be the Messiah".

But whatever justification anybody thinks there might be, I'm still going to point and say that's antisemitic.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟838,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟838,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
View attachment 347096

So long as they don't look the same, that's all "it" needs.

But yes....it's ONLY the Jewish students that are suffering.

Congressman praises heckling of Gaza protesters at University of Mississippi that included racist jeer

“Ole Miss taking care of business,” Republican U.S. Rep. Mike Collins wrote Friday on the social platform X with a link to a video showing racist jeers.

1714836371694.png

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟714,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟622,217.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, the bible doesn't literally say that it's not antisemitism.
There are lots of things the Bible does not say.....that the earth is not square for instance. You are taking man's word and attempting to put them in God's mouth.....and that dog won't hunt.

You're just saying that you interpret the bible to say that this antisemitic trope is just (because God said it).
I didn't 'interpret' anything. I just quoted God's position as one (likely to believers) possible explanation.
You're in good company. Luther's work "On the Jews and Their Lies" also makes it a point to say that "Jews blaspheme Jesus in their synagogues ... and revile Christians who believe Him to be the Messiah".
I guess that is why Luther's work is not canonical text. It is his opinion and his alone.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟714,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Congressman praises heckling of Gaza protesters at University of Mississippi that included racist jeer

“Ole Miss taking care of business,” Republican U.S. Rep. Mike Collins wrote Friday on the social platform X with a link to a video showing racist jeers.

View attachment 347135
Hmmmm - heckling the Anti semitic Racist is racism - but the Anti Semitic racist calling for violence against Jews - that is protected speech.

It's an interesting world in which we live.

• Winner
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟838,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Whomever the 'we' is that you are speaking with is not me.

I am speaking of the violent actions being perpetrated against the Jews -

This u?

So my friend, if you do indeed support them - you are supporting hate speech towards people of the Jewish religion.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟838,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Hmmmm - heckling the Antiemetic Racist is racism - but the Anti Semitic racist calling for violence against Jews - that is protected speech.
Racism is protected speech.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟838,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
You are taking man's word and attempting to put them in God's mouth.....and that dog won't hunt.
It is not I who is doing that.

The bible does not discuss the topic of 'antisemitism'. So there is no way the bible or the God portrayed in it could declare that something was not antisemitic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟622,217.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The bible does not discuss the topic of 'antisemitism'. So there is no way the bible or the God portrayed in it could declare that something was not antisemitic.
The word is never used but there are stories in the Bible (beginning with Egypt) of hatred by other peoples simply because they are Jews. Believing in a monotheistic deity seemed to be the trigger for that. So, antisemitism existed even then if not the word itself.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟838,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The word is never used but there are stories in the Bible (beginning with Egypt) of hatred by other peoples simply because they are Jews. Believing in a monotheistic deity seemed to be the trigger for that. So, antisemitism existed even then if not the word itself.
Sure, and if hypothetically God said:

"the Jews" bear collective guilt for something

That would be another example of antisemitism in the Bible.

It doesn't somehow become non-antisemitic, just because God said it. (Hypothetically, contrary-to-fact.)

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟838,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Oh, then you support what is happening at Ole' Miss because it is protected speech -
Are you unable to distinguish certain subtleties of my position that has been clearly stated multiple times to you?

I support their freedom to express their racism.
And I have the equal freedom to point at them and call them racists, because I do not support racism.

You supported the KKK also then?

I certainly support their right to march and express their views without government restraint, whether it's the Klan or neo-Nazis or lepidopterists.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,166.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Nobody knew where “the lines” were (quite so well), as after Israel got revenge in-kind 20 fold over and hadn’t stopped.
We all agree that what is going on over in Israel is wrong.
The ”why’s” are “the front”, the lines are being drawn.
Nobody has any issues with people d I agreeing with what Israel is doing. Some even agree with it. Hamas and thier supporters need to be stamped out. But these leftist kids aren't in Gaza or Israel. They are in the US. But occupying campuses isn't doing anything at all except disrupt learning that other students want. You didn't answer the question. Do you honestly think doing this is going to make Israel stop?
Some, I suppose, are ‘good people’”?
Why is it all of a sudden, when young adults demand to have a say in things, it’s “outside agitators”?
Please formulate a more realistic political philosophy than could’ve been heard in Alabama 70 years ago.
Say in what things? In what Israel does? Then they should be in Israel doing this. And yes outside agitators. A bunch of anti-semite bigots. This isn't the great civil rights movement. These leftists are accomplishing nothing cause it's not the US who's in Gaza. And it's not the universities who are there either. It's not thier fellow students or the professors or the administration. They are just following a bunch bigots. In our local campus the police caught some people gluing posters to light posts and buildings. Guess what, they WEREN'T students. They were outside agitators trying to stir up trouble.

True terror is waking up and having your high school class running the country.” —Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I have faith in the kids to “do the right thing”.
Foolishness is never the right thing. What about the kids who want it to stop. Are they doing the right thing? How old are you anyway? Don't you remember how much you didn't know and how immature you were at that age? You trust some leftist spoiled rich kids to do the right things? Foolishness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,166.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Students protested over apartheid, and campuses did divest from South Africa.

Whether that had any significant impact on South Africa is arguable. But I think from an ethical standpoint, it's a victory to stop your institution from seeking increased shareholder equity at the cost of a great injustice. Similarly here.
What exactly are these campuses invested in in Israel? I don't think these kid's have any clue what thier campus is doing. They are just occupying to feel relevant and to follow a bunch of anti-semetic boted outsiders.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟175,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Buechler said protesters had called for violence, expressed support for terrorism, and claimed they were members of Hamas, according to the Jerusalem Post. He also said protesters had expressed desires for future acts of violence to mirror the Oct. 7 attacks from Hamas against Israel.

Democratic Party leaders need to step forward and actively and forcefully start condemning attacks against any race or religion.
And Republicans will; have to step forward and admit that protesting the present war policies of the Netanyahu government are not necessarily attacks on any race or religion. I'll admit it's a fine line, but it must be maintained.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟219,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And Republicans will; have to step forward and admit that protesting the present war policies of the Netanyahu government are not necessarily attacks on any race or religion. I'll admit it's a fine line, but it must be maintained.
Jewish students cannot safely attend classes. This must stop.

• Agree
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,166.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The bible does not discuss the topic of 'antisemitism'. So there is no way the bible or the God portrayed in it could declare that something was not antisemitic
The Bible also does not discuss racism or any other number of specific topics like global warming. It speaks of Gids thoughts and God's actions. It's very clear that God puts the rejection a n d death of the Messiah onto the Jews of the day. And when you take in what else God has done when the Jews rejected him and his ways it's clear generations have suffered for the sins of thier fathers.

What is going in now is that the Jews have gotten tbier homeland back. They stole nothing. That's nothing more than leftist western thought. God promised it. This is in preparation for what's coming. The great Day of the Lord could not come until Israel was reinstated. The Bible even declairs the Jews won't believe until the end. Did you somehow believe we support Israel because they believe in the Messiah now? No we support them because God has declared what is going to happen and that Israel will be the center piece. We are getting closer to the Second Coming and I for one am excited for it. The salvation of Jews is coming.

So while the Jews are responsible for Christ's death and they still don't support the Messiah they are still central to the coming of our Lord and their re-establishment into the Land of Thier Fathers is part of that.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟622,217.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Sure, and if hypothetically God said:

"the Jews" bear collective guilt for something

That would be another example of antisemitism in the Bible.

It doesn't somehow become non-antisemitic, just because God said it. (Hypothetically, contrary-to-fact.)
Are you really reduced to hypotheticals at this point? Then it is time for you to move on to other discussions......or stick to the facts that are known or accepted.

• Winner
Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0