Pro-Palestinian supporters at Columbia University confront Jews ‘to push them out of camp’

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟627,050.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I was talking about the strange ideas some Christians have about the "end times" and what you posted was one of them.
Well, it is not my 'idea'. It is simply God's description of what is going to happen in the end days. But, we digress from the topic. There are other threads that deal with this subject in extensive detail if you are interested.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟178,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Well, it is not my 'idea'. It is simply God's description of what is going to happen in the end days. But, we digress from the topic. There are other threads that deal with this subject in extensive detail if you are interested.
No thanks, the dispute over your end-times vision has been going on in Christendom for centuries and is still considered fringe and heterodox by many. I don't think we can add anything useful to the discussion. You can believe it if you like, I don't have to. But I also don't have to believe that it has any bearing on the policy of the US towards a secular state in the Middle East to which we pay fourteen billion a year to support our interests in the region, especially if they cease to support our interests in favor of their own. Let Israel reduce Gaza to uninhabitable rubble if that's what they want. We don't have to praise them for it, and we certainly needn't pay them for it either.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
No thanks, the dispute over your end-times vision has been going on in Christendom for centuries and is still considered fringe and heterodox by many. I don't think we can add anything useful to the discussion. You can believe it if you like, I don't have to. But I also don't have to believe that it has any bearing on the policy of the US towards a secular state in the Middle East to which we pay fourteen billion a year to support our interests in the region, especially if they cease to support our interests in favor of their own. Let Israel reduce Gaza to uninhabitable rubble if that's what they want. We don't have to praise them for it, and we certainly needn't pay them for it either.
One might suppose that (given that there’s “prophesy” about “the end times”) that believers would just marvel at how God is going to bring this all about without the “assistance” of these same believers, but they seem to think that their God needs their help, after some fashion.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟845,194.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

University of Mississippi opens student conduct probe after confrontation between Black student and counterprotesters

Jaylin R. Smith, 24, confirmed to CNN she is the woman seen in the video.

“One thing that will never break me is people taunting me or making monkey noises at me,” the journalism and new media graduate student told CNN on Friday.

Fraternity Boots Bro Who Made Monkey Noises at Black Ole Miss Protester

The fraternity, Phi Delta Theta, announced in a statement on Sunday that the man in question had been swiftly removed from the organization.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟627,050.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Let Israel reduce Gaza to uninhabitable rubble if that's what they want. We don't have to praise them for it, and we certainly needn't pay them for it either.
Well, if they reduce Gaza to rubble that means they will like take Hamas with it (which is their publicly stated goal) and perhaps that will force the Arab nations of the region to finally take in their wayward Gazan brethren as refugees after decades of refusing to do so(likely thru the fear of having Hamas sneak in with them). That in itself is praise worthy and worth some renumeration.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟627,050.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
One might suppose that (given that there’s “prophesy” about “the end times”) that believers would just marvel at how God is going to bring this all about without the “assistance” of these same believers, but they seem to think that their God needs their help, after some fashion.
You got it backwards. The unbelievers of the end times will be fulfilling the prophecy that God has pronounced, not believers. The believers will be standing against them. You might want to read your Bible a lot more.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You got it backwards. The unbelievers of the end times will be fulfilling the prophecy that God has pronounced, not believers. The believers will be standing against them. You might want to read your Bible a lot more.
It must be nice to know the future so well.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟343,328.00
Faith
Pentecostal
So that means that we are supposed to run our foreign policy, particularly our policy towards Israel, on the eschatological fantasies of the Christian Right?
Reading my post...... Nope, didn't say that. You might need to brush up on reading comprehension skills.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟343,328.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I think civil addressed this. We aren't assisting God with anything. God just told us what's going to happen. It is simply about what is going to happen in the world. That's it.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, if they reduce Gaza to rubble that means they will like take Hamas with it (which is their publicly stated goal) and perhaps that will force the Arab nations of the region to finally take in their wayward Gazan brethren as refugees after decades of refusing to do so(likely thru the fear of having Hamas sneak in with them). That in itself is praise worthy and worth some renumeration.

What makes the Gazans "wayward"? Why should they be refugees from their own land (Gaza)? (Well for the ones that aren't already refugees from Israel.)

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟343,328.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Fraternity Boots Bro Who Made Monkey Noises at Black Ole Miss Protester

The fraternity, Phi Delta Theta, announced in a statement on Sunday that the man in question had been swiftly removed from the organization.
This is nuts. We have a less than 2 seconds of video and no real idea whether or not they were really "monkey" noises or that whatever he was doing was actually racism. The outrage leftist mob is destroying a young man over 1.5 seconds while making assumptions about his actions. It's interesting to know that the left is the one that is bent on assigning any noise that might remotely sound like a monkey noise with black people.

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟845,194.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
This is nuts. We have a less than 2 seconds of video and no real idea whether or not they were really "monkey" noises or that whatever he was doing was actually racism. The outrage leftist mob
Funny name for a fraternity.

is destroying a young man
Loss of kegger privileges. Bogus!

Reactions: A2SG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟845,194.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Congressman praises heckling of Gaza protesters at University of Mississippi that included racist jeer

“Ole Miss taking care of business,” Republican U.S. Rep. Mike Collins wrote Friday on the social platform X with a link to a video showing racist jeers.
Minor update

Collins acknowledged in a social media statement that the video showed “potentially inappropriate behavior that none of us should seek to glorify.”

“Frankly I did not believe that to be the focal point of the video shared at the time,” Collins’s post on X said. He also continued to praise counterprotests at colleges where “regular students are standing up against the pro-Hamas, anti-American, Antifa anarchists.”

He forgot woke!

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The war has been a truth serum of sorts and the protests have brought it to the fore. Some delight in what's occurring and cover themselves with "end times" and others have opted for humanity irrespective of belief. There are things which can't be recalled and I don't think we'll go unscathed. Hearing someone celebrate the loss of life is something you can't forget. I would never see them the same and I doubt I'm alone in that.

~bella

Upvote 0

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟118,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
NYPD Deputy Commissioner of Operations Kaz Daughtry shared various photos of "inflammatory literature and signage" found at the protest.
It's simply awful what these woke lefty students read these days. Daughtry showed a copy of a Very Short Introduction to Terrorism

Abstract​

Terrorism: A Very Short Introduction examines the historical, ideological, and local roots of terrorist violence and explores terrorism in relation to revolutionary power, nationalism, and religious extremism. Is one person’s terrorist another’s freedom fighter? Is terrorism crime or war? What can we do to stop it? For many, the terrorist attacks of September 2001 changed the face of the world, pushing terrorism to the top of many political agendas. This VSI considers recent changes in terrorism, such as the emergence of ISIS and upsurge in individual suicide action, looking at the impact and consequences of several recent terrorist attacks, and outlining the complex issues related to antiterrorist and counterterrorist measures.
It's not a bomb making handbook! Could it be that the student had an academic interest in trying to understand terrorism?

Screenshot_7-5-2024_18333_www.youtube.com.jpeg

Maybe the NYPD should call in the flame throwing wielding "firemen" and burn all the books of this clearly dangerous student, and arrest him or her of course.

Seriously, it's worrying that there are people in America who lap up this tripe including the media people who were interviewing him with their shocked comments.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟712,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is nuts. We have a less than 2 seconds of video and no real idea whether or not they were really "monkey" noises or that whatever he was doing was actually racism. The outrage leftist mob is destroying a young man over 1.5 seconds while making assumptions about his actions. It's interesting to know that the left is the one that is bent on assigning any noise that might remotely sound like a monkey noise with black people.

It's also possible since it was specifically towards the anti-Israelites and during the protests that the suggestion had a different connotation altogether.

One of the protestors at Columbia reportedly had a banana allergy. One night during the protests a group of pro-Israel students ran into the camp welding banana's...

After that it became an online running joke that "the global intifada" was stopped by a banana. It was a big enough online joke some guy in London counter protesting the Islamists took a banana with him and kept holding it up...

I think if the banana thing really takes hold, and since it's a joke across the globe now it just might, we are going to run into the issue with what this represents to black people versus what it represents in the context of these new protests.

It's just a thought... But we are dealing with children (or those who act like it).

Upvote 0