The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, has set us free from the law of sin and death?

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟490,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I can see that you will disagree with me and I respect you. I will simply declare... There is NO Stone Law Between Me and God. I step BOLDLY before God, not because of MY work... BUT HIS, on Golgotha... Which is my Salvation.

Jesus is my Salvation

All Love in Jesus to you, Sibling in Him
The law brings us to Christ Gal 3:24 and Christ brings us to obey the law John 14:15-18 Mat 5:19-30 Mat 15:3-14 Mat 19:17-19 who is in the center of God’s law? God’s law is a transcript of His character and we are to become like Christ holy Rom 7:12 and righteous Psa 119:172 so transgressing God’s law what does that do for us? It means we are and enmity with God and can’t please Him Rom 8:7-8 1 John 2:4 or by faith we can keep His commandments Rom 3:31 Rev 14:12 which reconciles us Rev 22:14 the choice is ours Rom 6:16

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The law brings us to Christ Gal 3:24 and Christ brings us to obey the law John 14:15-18 Mat 5:19-30 Mat 15:3-14 Mat 19:17-19 who is in the center of God’s law? God’s law is a transcript of His character and we are to become like Christ holy Rom 7:12 and righteous Psa 119:172 so transgressing God’s law what does that do for us? It means we are and enmity with God and can’t please Him Rom 8:7-8 1 John 2:4 or by faith we can keep His commandments Rom 3:31 Rev 14:12 which reconciles us Rev 22:14 the choice is ours Rom 6:16
That's not what Galatians says.

• Agree
Reactions: Ted-01
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In the interest of Biblical Truth, the Book of the Law was one witness against the rebellious, stiff necked faithless men in Israel. At least this is according to what is actually written.

Deut. 32: 15 But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation. 16 They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger. 17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not. 18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

19 And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because "of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters".

And my friend, who was God's Sons and Daughters? Would they not be the Christ's brothers and sisters and mother?

Mark 3: 35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Surely these men who had forsaken their God who brought them out of Egypt (Sin) brought wrath onto themselves. Yes?

20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom "is no faith".

So then, the Book of the Law is not a witness against Caleb or Joshua, or other men of Faith. The Book of the Law was a witness against men who forsake their creator, those who refused to hearken to God, which caused problems for those Faithful men, God's sons and daughters.

This is evident in the Scriptures regarding Caleb and Joshua, in my view.

Numb. 14: 6 And Joshua the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, which were of them that searched the land, rent their clothes: 7 And they spake unto all the company of the children of Israel, saying, The land, which we passed through to search it, is an exceeding good land. 8 If the LORD delight in us, then he will bring us into this land, and give it us; a land which floweth with milk and honey.

9 Only rebel not ye against the LORD, neither fear ye the people of the land; for they are bread for us: their defence is departed from them, and the LORD is with us: fear them not.

Truly men of Faith. But what happened to them for their faith in God?

10 But all the congregation bade stone them with stones. And the glory of the LORD appeared in the tabernacle of the congregation before all the children of Israel.

I love the Scriptures as well my friend. Truly they are trustworthy for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God (His sons and daughters) may be perfect, (As Christ Jesus Commands) throughly furnished unto all good works.

I love to discuss scriptures. I'll honor your post will another reply to keep the posts shorter.
Do I have to speak like Paul to emphasize the importance of people not trusting in stone, but trusting in our Living Savior?

Is Christ a promoter of Sin? Absolutely not! Every crumb of Human Obedience that a person who's heart is veiled by reading Moses is given... They will eat.

Have you ever wondered Why Jesus refused to turn the STONES into BREAD? ;)

• Useful
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟490,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's not what Galatians says.
I quoted only one verse from Galatians- the law brings us to Christ. It’s exactly what this verse says.

Gal 3:24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

The law brings us to Christ, but we are justified by faith. We are not justified by the law, we are justified by faith through Christ. Does someone with faith obey Christ’s Word or disobey Him?

Faith establishes the law Rom 3:31

And once in Christ He enables us and gives us the power to keep. John 14:15-18. Your disagreement appears not to be with me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Galatians 4:21 Tell me, those of you who want to be under the law, don’t you hear the law? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by a slave and the other by a free woman. 23 But the one by the slave was born according to the impulse of the flesh, while the one by the free woman was born as the result of a promise. 24 These things are illustrations,[f] for the women represent the two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai and bears children into slavery—this is Hagar. 25 Now Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother. 27 For it is written:

Rejoice, childless woman,
who does not give birth.
Burst into song and shout,
you who are not in labor,
for the children of the desolate are many,
more numerous than those
of the woman who has a husband.[g]
28 Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29 But just as then the child born according to the flesh persecuted the one born according to the Spirit, so also now. 30 But what does the Scripture say?

Drive out the slave and her son, for the son of the slave will never be a coheir with the son of the free woman.[h]

• Winner
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟490,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 4:21 Tell me, those of you who want to be under the law, don’t you hear the law? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by a slave and the other by a free woman. 23 But the one by the slave was born according to the impulse of the flesh, while the one by the free woman was born as the result of a promise. 24 These things are illustrations,[f] for the women represent the two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai and bears children into slavery—this is Hagar. 25 Now Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother. 27 For it is written:

Rejoice, childless woman,
who does not give birth.
Burst into song and shout,
you who are not in labor,
for the children of the desolate are many,
more numerous than those
of the woman who has a husband.[g]
28 Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29 But just as then the child born according to the flesh persecuted the one born according to the Spirit, so also now. 30 But what does the Scripture say?

Drive out the slave and her son, for the son of the slave will never be a coheir with the son of the free woman.[h]
So in your mind this passage deletes the other teachings of Paul and Jesus? I will be happy to go through this passage with you if I felt it would make a difference. Seems like you have your mind made up we can break the law and be saved despite the very words of Jesus John 14:15 Mat 19:17-19 Mat 15:3-14 Mat 5:19 Mat 7:23. Guess we will all find out soon enough

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So in your mind this passage deletes the other teachings of Paul and Jesus? I will be happy to go through this passage with you if I felt it would make a difference. Seems like you have your mind made up we can break the law and be saved despite the very words of Jesus John 14:15 Mat 19:17-19 Mat 5:19 Mat 7:23. Guess we will all find out soon enough
Nothing has been Deleted! Jesus fulfilled the Law for all Who accept what HE did! Further more, Jesus made it clear that the Covenant of the Stone, wouldn't be over until the end... BUT THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE MOTHER OF GOD! (National Israel)... which I know you most likely reject. But, Jesus said He came to fulfil them, yet no jot nor tittle would pass from them, UNTIL THE END.

Are you aware that Scripture shows the EXACT Spot that Jesus will return to?

• Agree
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟490,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nothing has been Deleted! Jesus fulfilled the Law for all Who accept what HE did! Further more, Jesus made it clear that the Covenant of the Stone, wouldn't be over until the end... BUT THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE MOTHER OF GOD! (National Israel)... which I know you most likely reject. But, Jesus said He came to fulfil them, yet no jot nor tittle would pass from them, UNTIL THE END.

Are you aware that Scripture shows the EXACT Spot that Jesus will return to?
So Jesus fulfilled the law so we can worship other gods, vain His holy name, covet or break the least of these? Jesus in His own Words that we are to live by Mat 4:4 said not to break or teach others to break the least of these and in doing so one would be least in heaven and be in fear of sin and Judgement. Mat 5:19-30 Sounds like a terrible idea to me. Fulfilled in Mat 5:17 means to fill full- not to end i.e. to destroy the opposite of what He said and the context of the whole passage Mat 5:17-30 and His other teachings Mat 19:17-19 Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-13 John 14:15 John 15:10 and the rest of scripture Rev 14:12 Mat 7:21-23 Rev 22:14-15 etc

• Wow
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So Jesus fulfilled the law so we can worship other gods, vain His holy name, covet or break the least of these? Jesus in His own Words that we are to live by Mat 4:4 said not to break or teach others to break the least of these and in doing so one would be least in heaven and be in fear of sin and Judgement. Mat 5:19-30 Sounds like a terrible idea to me. Fulfilled in Mat 5:17 means to fill full- not to end i.e. to destroy the opposite of what He said.

I will be the "Least" in Heaven and am okay with that. IN HEAVEN.

I don't mean to laugh... Why would you worship another God, When you have the VERY SPIRIT of JESUS Dwelling within you?

• Useful
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟490,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I will be the "Least" in Heaven and am okay with that. IN HEAVEN.

I don't mean to laugh... Why would you worship another God, When you have the VERY SPIRIT of JESUS Dwelling within you?
If you read the next verse Mat 5:20 it does not mean one will be there.

Is that the faith Christ is looking for, doing the least to serve Christ to be saved? Or should we live by His every Word Mat 4:4 and the example He left for us 1 John 2:6 through faith. If we had Jesus dwelling in us we would be keeping His commandments John 14:15-18 just as Jesus did through faith John 15:10 Rev 14:12 and would not be hostile to His law Rom 8:7-8 but would be doing everything He asks though love 1 John 5:3 John 14:15 Exo 20:6 because we changes us from the inside out John 14:15-18 Heb 8:10 Eze 36:26

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Is that the faith Christ is looking for, doing the least to serve Christ to be saved? Or should we live by His every Word Mat 4:4 and the example He left for us 1 John 2:6 through faith. If we had Jesus dwelling in us we would be keeping His commandments John 14:15-18 just as Jesus did through faith John 15:10 Rev 14:12 and would not be hostile to His law Rom 8:7-8

I'm sincere. With one single word... can you express your salvation.... as in What or Who Saves you?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Is that the faith Christ is looking for, doing the least to serve Christ to be saved? Or should we live by His every Word Mat 4:4 and the example He left for us 1 John 2:6 through faith. If we had Jesus dwelling in us we would be keeping His commandments John 14:15-18 just as Jesus did through faith John 15:10 Rev 14:12 and would not be hostile to His law Rom 8:7-8 but would be doing everything He asks though love 1 John 5:3 John 14:15 Exo 20:6
Woa! Hold up... NO! Step away from the Pharisees! You will NEVER out obey those dudes! They literally followed the Law in flesh to the Letter. That is not what that verse means!

It means.... THIS: Galatians 3:27 or as many of you as were baptized into Christ did put on Christ.

That is us wearing Daddy's Work, in place of ours... Like this:

5 Corinthians 5:21 For our sake He made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm sincere. With one single word... can you express your salvation.... as in What or Who Saves you?
Remember when Jesus told the Rich Young Ruler to Sell everything he has and give it to the poor? We are the Poor, And Jesus gave HIS WORK of PERFECT Obedience to all that believe in HIM. We Are Saved by HIS work, NOT ours.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟490,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Remember when Jesus told the Rich Young Ruler to Sell everything he has and give it to the poor? We are the Poor, And Jesus gave HIS WORK of PERFECT Obedience to all that believe in HIM. We Are Saved by HIS work, NOT ours.
Yes, we should not be placing our great riches over following Jesus breaking the very first commandment Exo 20:3

Agreed, we are saved by Christ’s work, not ours Exo 32:16 and sadly most people depend on their own work instead of depending on Christs. Their truth instead of God’s Psa 119:151 their righteousness instead of Christs Psa 119:172 which is everlasting Psa 119:142

Signing off for now.

God bless all as we seek His Truth and seek Him. :heartpulse:

• Winner
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, we should not be placing our great riches over following Jesus breaking the very first commandment Exo 20:3

Agreed, we are saved by Christ’s work, not ours Exo 32:16 and sadly most people depend on their own work instead of depending on Christs. Their truth instead of God’s Psa 119:151 their righteousness instead of Christs Psa 119:172 which is everlasting Psa 119:142
JESUS IS THE LAW! The Stone Law was for ISRAEL of JACOB. JESUS INDWELLS YOU... LITERALLY. Scripture shows this.

Galatians 4:6 God sent forth the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Romans 8:9

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Signing off for now.

God bless all as we seek His Truth and seek Him. :heartpulse:
All of my Love to you, In Christ Jesus, The Lover of our Souls, Restorer of our Hearts and Sole Source of our Salvation! :heartpulse:

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟385,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The exact words, "It is Finished", complete two matters. One, the exact words that Christ Spoke, correspond to the Hebrew concept of nullifying debt.
Reference please

• Friendly
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟385,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not in one of those verses in Deut 28 that speak of the curses, does it state that once you sin, sin will possess you and you will serve it because you can't help yourself. If that verse was missed show it or show yourself out in respect to this topic. This is tiring really. Not so much the conversation but your constant jabs
You are promoting that it isn't a curse to do something that you know is against God's Law.
Never said that. It just isn't mentioned in the Book of the Law.
That somehow God doesn't know about the struggle Paul finds himself in, and therefore didn't prepare His People for the struggle in the Law and Prophets that Paul promoted for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
The remedy is in the Book of the Law. Deut 29-30:14. The promise of sharing in His Spirit has aways been available.
In Deuteronomy 31:26, the entire book of the law is placed beside the "ARK of THE COVENANT" and said to be a Witness AGAINST thee. A witness against someone is also known as an ACCUSER.
I am taken Back by the fact that you liked this post above and the one below. It is to say that which is of God and now in the heart and mind through His Spirit through Christ is ACTUALLY of the Devil. Sad
Ooops.... A.D.D. episode. So, The Book of the Law, in Deuteronomy 31:26 represents Satan,

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Reference please
John 19:30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

τετέλεσται This is the entire phrase as it was spoken... which corresponds to the more precise word that I am posting below this...
Englishman's Concordance
τετέλεσται (tetelestai) — 2 Occurrences
John 19:28 V-RIM/P-3S
GRK: ἤδη πάντα τετέλεσται ἵνα τελειωθῇ
NAS: had already been accomplished, to fulfill
KJV: now accomplished, that
INT: now all things have been finished that might be fulfilled
John 19:30 V-RIM/P-3S
GRK: Ἰησοῦς εἶπεν Τετέλεσται καὶ κλίνας
NAS: He said, It is finished! And He bowed
KJV: he said, It is finished: and
INT: Jesus he said It has been finished and having bowed
5055. teleó And, Lastly, below this... this is the Greek to Hebrew Meaning...
Strong's Concordance
teleó: to bring to an end, complete, fulfill
Original Word: τελέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: teleó
Phonetic Spelling: (tel-eh'-o)
Definition: to bring to an end, complete, fulfill
Usage: (a) I end, finish, (b) I fulfill, accomplish, (c) I pay.
HELPS Word-studies
Cognate: 5055 teléō (from 5056 /télos, "consummation, completion") – properly, to complete (consummate), i.e. finish (qualitatively) the necessary process – with the results "rolling-over" to the next level (phase) of consummation. See 5056 (telos).
[This root (tel-) means "reaching the end (aim)." It is well-illustrated with the old pirate's telescope, unfolding (extending out) one stage at a time to function at full-strength (capacity effectiveness).]
Greek/Hebrew Definitions. Strong's #5055: teleo (pronounced tel-eh'-o) from 5056; to end, i.e. complete, execute, conclude, discharge (a debt):--accomplish, make an end, expire, fill up, finish, go over, pay, perform.

Thank you for asking for the scripture reference, my fellow Berean!
All Love in Jesus Christ to you, my sibling IN Jesus

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟335,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do I have to speak like Paul to emphasize the importance of people not trusting in stone, but trusting in our Living Savior?

In my understanding the Jesus of the Bible “IS” the Rock on which I am to build my house. He instructed me to not just hear His instruction, but to do them, because those who hear His Sayings, but do not "do" them, are not building their house on the Rock, and will not stand in That Day.

Because I am “trusting” in the Jesus, "of the Bible" and not this world's many religious sects and businesses, I promote His Words, both before HE became a man, and after.

Is Christ a promoter of Sin? Absolutely not! Every crumb of Human Obedience that a person who's heart is veiled by reading Moses is given... They will eat.

15 But even unto this day, "when Moses is read", the vail is upon their heart. 16 Nevertheless when it (The heart) shall turn to the Lord, the vail "shall be taken away".

Can you show me even ONE example of an obedient faithful person in the Bible, who didn't understand Moses? Consider the God Inspired Words of Luke regarding Zacharias. To my frustration, there are "many" on this forum who preach a lot but refuse to answer questions honestly. I am hoping you will engage a little here, given we both Love the Scriptures.

I have a question for you regarding Zacharias. Was he blinded, a veil upon his heart, at the reading of Moses concerning the Prophesied Redeemer? And another; Were the Pharisees blinded, the veil upon their heart at the reading of Moses, regarding the Prophesied redeemer?

According to Scriptures, what was the difference between Zacharias and the Pharisees?

And in your understanding, is this attributed to Peter's words in Acts 5:29-32?

Have you ever wondered Why Jesus refused to turn the STONES into BREAD? ;)

This is easy. Jesus Himself said that man “shall not live” by bread alone, but by "Every Word" that proceeds from the mouth of God. Paul understood this, according to Scriptures.

2 Tim. 3: 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, "for instruction in righteousness":

17 That the man of God (Sons and Daughters) may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them )

All Scripture flows together like a river of living water. I love it.

Upvote 0