The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, has set us free from the law of sin and death?

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Romans 10:4 needs to be read in context and in its entirety

Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for [a]Israel is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
5 For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, “The man who does those things shall live by them.” 6 But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ down from above) 7 or, “ ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

When Paul used the words Christ is the end of the law- he meant purpose- telas. He is not teaching we can vain God's holy name, worship other gods, covet, steal or break the least of these commandments, the opposite of what Christ taught Mat 5:19 or even what he taught Rom 7:12 Romans 9:4 1 Cor 7:19

The goal of the law is to bring us to Christ Psa 19:7 Gal 3:24 and Christ brings us to obey the law. John 14:15 Mat 5:19-30 Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-8. Our obedience to God is a reflection of our faith Rev 14:12 Rom 3:31 and it shows one is not depending on their righteousness, but on Christs Psa 119:172 which is everlasting Psa 119:142 and that saving faith to trust Jesus at His Word and to do His teachings is what reconciles us Rev 22:14. Paul never taught anything different, but was hard to understand and many take his writings out of context. Its important to always reconcile everyone's writings to Christ Words. The apostles were servants of Christ Mat 28:18-20 and never taught anything different than what Jesus taught.

Believing means to be obedient to Christ. There will be many people who believe the name of the Lord that will say Lord Lord, but did not submit to God's will and therefore Christ says depart from Me, ye who practice lawlessness. Mat 7:21-23.

To know Christ is to obey Him and walk just as He walked.

1 John 2:3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God [a]is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.
The Law of Moses was based on OBEYING the Pre-incarnate Christ. The very Book of the Law was a Witness against Israel, as specifically stated in Deuteronomy 31:26. Also, in Hebrews, where the New and Old covenant are specifically laid out... the Decalogue is contained, specifically within the Old Covenant. The writer of Hebrews made the reader make a very specific choice! Do they remain in the OLD COVENANT with the Decalogue, Or, do they enter into FAITH in the NEW Covenant, which is literally Jesus. The very wording and intention of the passage forces a person to choose between Carnal Obedience or Spiritual Faith.

Faith saves us, so that NOONE can boast in their "OBEDIENCE"... Per Ephesians!

SON'S AND DAUGHTERS INHERIT. SLAVES MUST OBEY. That sums up Galatians Chapter 4.

• Informative
Reactions: Ted-01
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟490,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Law of Moses was based on OBEYING the Pre-incarnate Christ. The very Book of the Law was a Witness against Israel, as specifically stated in Deuteronomy 31:26. Also, in Hebrews, where the New and Old covenant are specifically laid out... the Decalogue is contained, specifically within the Old Covenant. The writer of Hebrews made the reader make a very specific choice! Do they remain in the OLD COVENANT with the Decalogue, Or, do they enter into FAITH in the NEW Covenant, which is literally Jesus. The very wording and intention of the passage forces a person to choose between Carnal Obedience or Spiritual Faith.

SON'S AND DAUGHTERS INHERIT. SLAVES MUST OBEY. That sums up Galatians Chapter 4.
I'm not referring to the book of the law that was written by Moses that was outside the ark Deut 31:24-26 . I am referring to God's covenant, the Ten Commandments Deut 4:13 Exo 34:28 written by God Exo 32:16 Exo 31:16 that was placed inside the ark Exo 40:20. Jesus taught not to break or teach others to break the least of these commandments as it affects our status in heaven. Mat 5:19-30

The Ten Commandments is not the "old covenant" there will never be a time when one can worship other gods, vain God's holy name bow to idols, break His holy Sabbath day, murder, covert or break the least of these, this teaching is not a teaching of Christ. Mat 5:19-30 Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-13 Mat 19:17-19 but a teaching of another spirit leading people away from reconciliation in Christ. Rev 22:14-15. The goal of the law is to bring us to Christ Psa 19:7 Gal 3:24 and Christ brings us to obey the law. John 14:15 Mat 5:19-30 Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-8.

The problem is sin, which is breaking God's law 1 John 3:4 Rom 7:7 and it starts in the heart Mat 5:19-30 so God wrote His laws in our hearts Heb 8:10 right where sin begins and when we choose to keep our rules or depend on our own righteousness instead of Christ's Psa 119:172 our hearts are far from Him Mat 15:3-14. I'm not sure how one can believe in Christ, but not believe in His teachings. I do not believe that is the faith Christ is looking for. Rev 14:12 James 1:22 if you read Hebrews 11, everyone of the heroes of faith expressed faith through their actions. Anyone can say Lord Lord, but who will submit to His will Psa 40:8

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not referring to the book of the law that was written by Moses that was outside the ark Deut 31:24-26 . I am referring to God's covenant, the Ten Commandments Deut 4:13 Exo 34:28 written by God Exo 32:16 Exo 31:16 that was placed inside the ark Exo 40:20. Jesus taught not to break or teach others to break the least of these as it affects our status in heaven. Mat 5:19-30

The Ten Commandments is not the "old covenant" there will never be a time when one can worship other gods, vain God's holy name bow to idols, break His holy Sabbath day, murder, covert or break the least of these, this teaching is not a teaching of Christ. Mat 5:19-30 Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-13 Mat 19:17-19 but a teaching of another spirit leading people away from reconciliation in Christ. Rev 22:14-15

The problem is sin, which is breaking God's law 1 John 3:4 Rom 7:7 and it starts in the heart Mat 5:19-30 so God wrote His laws in our hearts Heb 8:10 right where sin begins and when we choose to keep our rules or depend on our own righteousness instead of Christ's Psa 119:172 our hearts are far from Him Mat 15:3-14. I'm not sure how one can believe in Christ, but not believe in His teachings. I do not believe that is the faith Christ is looking for. Rev 14:12 James 1:22 if you read Hebrews 11, everyone of the heroes of faith expressed faith through their actions.
The 10 Commandments are in the old covenant, per Hebrews. Jesus is the NEW covenant. One has to choose. You don't get both, elsewise, the Author of Hebrews wouldn't have written about the two covenants, exactly as they did.

Furthermore, if the Ark is in Heaven, we are not subject to it's contents here on earth...... UNLESS, you believe the doctrine of the "Investigative Judgment"?

Is this the case? You believe God is judging humanity, from Heaven, as we dialogue? Oh, and I apologize! I said Decalogue. Decalogue is the theological word for the 10 commandments. Deca (10) Log (self explanatory).

• Useful
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟490,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The 10 Commandments are in the old covenant, per Hebrews. Jesus is the NEW covenant. One has to choose. You don't get both, elsewise, the Author of Hebrews wouldn't have written about the two covenants, exactly as they did.

Furthermore, if the Ark is in Heaven, we are not subject to it's contents here on earth...... UNLESS, you believe the doctrine of the "Investigative Judgment"?

Is this the case? You believe God is judging humanity, from Heaven, as we dialogue? Oh, and I apologize! I said Decalogue. Decalogue is the theological word for the 10 commandments. Deca (10) Log (self explanatory).

According to the scripture the New Covenant is not based on better or new laws, but based on better promises

Heb 8: 6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.

Instead of God deleting His law, that He said He would not alter Psa 89:34 He wrote them in our hearts because God's promises are sure

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

The New Covenant is based on better promises, not better or new laws. God's personally wrote His perfect commandments with His own finger, it would be impossible for God to write something imperfect which makes God imperfect and He is not. God's law is perfect Psa 19:7 just like God is.

In the New Covenant it still has God's law written in the heart Heb 8:10, the old covenant was based on the people doing Exo 19:7, the new covenant is based on God doing- Heb 8:10. Same law- still a sin to worship other gods, vain God's name, covet, steal or break the least of these Mat 5:19-30 but now we have the power of God doing, isn't that a much better promise?

So check out this powerful teaching of Jesus. Where did God place His law? In our hearts and minds? Why did He do that? Because that is where sin begins, in the heart- Read Mat 5:19-30

This is what Jesus condemned in scripture-

Matthew 15:3 He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; (only found in the Ten Commandments Exo 20:12) and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 5 But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— 6 then he need not honor his father or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. 7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:

8 ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me,

Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

10 When He had called the multitude to Himself, He said to them, “Hear and understand: 11 Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.”

12 Then His disciples came and said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?”

But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted. 14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”

It blows my bind that people just gloss over this teaching.

IN VAIN they worship Me. WOW. Jesus is relating obeying our rules/traditions over obeying the commandments of God quoting from the Ten Commandments as IN VAIN= false worship and our hearts are far from Him. Where did God write His laws in the New Covenant- in our hearts Heb 8:10 WHICH LAWS? The commandments of God. Couple this with Mat 5:18-30- we are not to break or teach others to break the least of these as one would be in fear of sin and judgement.

How does scripture tell us we must worship Him?

John 4: 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

What did Jesus say was false worship? Obeying our rules over the commandments of God.
True worship is the opposite- obeying God's commandments through faith and love.

This is the result. This is what scripture shows as a saved person

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus

Which reconciles us.....obviously did not end in the Old Covenant as it is under His mercy seat what all man will be Judged by James 2:10-12 Mat 5:19-30 Ecc 12:13-14 Rev 22:14-15 1 John 2:3-4

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

Compared to outside God's Kingdom

15 But outside are dogs (sinners) and sorcerers (breaking commandment #1 Exodus 20:3) and sexually immoral (breaking commandment # 7 Exodus 20:14) and murderers (commandment #6 Exodus 20:13) and idolaters (breaking commandment #2 Exo 20:4) , and whoever loves and practices a lie. (Breaking any of the commandments. 1 John 2:4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.)

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You EVEN led up to it. You quoted the very preparation for this passage.

According to the scripture the New Covenant is not based on better or new laws, but based on better promises

Heb 8: 6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.

Hebrews 9 Look at the intended scripture and how the author of Hebrews writes it. Check it in your own bible. It's here. Do you acknowledge it?

Green Brackets, Emboldened Text, Green Text, Red Brackets, Emboldened Text, Red Brackets What does it mean?!?

(9 Now the first covenant had regulations for worship and also an earthly sanctuary. 2 A tabernacle was set up. In its first room were the lampstand and the table with its consecrated bread; this was called the Holy Place. 3 Behind the second curtain was a room called the Most Holy Place, 4 which had the golden altar of incense and the gold-covered ark of the covenant. This ark contained the gold jar of manna, Aaron’s staff that had budded, and the stone tablets of the covenant. 5 Above the ark were the cherubim of the Glory, overshadowing the atonement cover. But we cannot discuss these things in detail now.

6 When everything had been arranged like this, the priests entered regularly into the outer room to carry on their ministry. 7 But only the high priest entered the inner room, and that only once a year, and never without blood, which he offered for himself and for the sins the people had committed in ignorance. 8 The Holy Spirit was showing by this that the way into the Most Holy Place had not yet been disclosed as long as the first tabernacle was still functioning. 9 This is an illustration for the present time, indicating that the gifts and sacrifices being offered were not able to clear the conscience of the worshiper. 10 They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings—external regulations applying until the time of the new order.)

The Blood of Christ​

(11 But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that are now already here,[a] he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made with human hands, that is to say, is not a part of this creation. 12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining[b] eternal redemption. 13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. 14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death,[c] so that we may serve the living God!

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

16 In the case of a will,[d] it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it, 17 because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living. 18 This is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood. 19 When Moses had proclaimed every command of the law to all the people, he took the blood of calves, together with water, scarlet wool and branches of hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people. 20 He said, “This is the blood of the covenant, which God has commanded you to keep.”[e] 21 In the same way, he sprinkled with the blood both the tabernacle and everything used in its ceremonies. 22 In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

23 It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. 25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. 26 Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But He has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.)

• Winner
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟490,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 9 Look at the intended scripture and how the author of Hebrews writes it. Check it in your own bible. It's here. Do you acknowledge it?

Green Brackets, Emboldened Text, Green Text, Red Brackets, Emboldened Text, Red Brackets What does it mean?!?

(9 Now the first covenant had regulations for worship and also an earthly sanctuary. 2 A tabernacle was set up. In its first room were the lampstand and the table with its consecrated bread; this was called the Holy Place. 3 Behind the second curtain was a room called the Most Holy Place, 4 which had the golden altar of incense and the gold-covered ark of the covenant. This ark contained the gold jar of manna, Aaron’s staff that had budded, and the stone tablets of the covenant. 5 Above the ark were the cherubim of the Glory, overshadowing the atonement cover. But we cannot discuss these things in detail now.

6 When everything had been arranged like this, the priests entered regularly into the outer room to carry on their ministry. 7 But only the high priest entered the inner room, and that only once a year, and never without blood, which he offered for himself and for the sins the people had committed in ignorance. 8 The Holy Spirit was showing by this that the way into the Most Holy Place had not yet been disclosed as long as the first tabernacle was still functioning. 9 This is an illustration for the present time, indicating that the gifts and sacrifices being offered were not able to clear the conscience of the worshiper. 10 They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings—external regulations applying until the time of the new order.)

The Blood of Christ​

(11 But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that are now already here,[a] he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made with human hands, that is to say, is not a part of this creation. 12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining[b] eternal redemption. 13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. 14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death,[c] so that we may serve the living God!

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

16 In the case of a will,[d] it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it, 17 because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living. 18 This is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood. 19 When Moses had proclaimed every command of the law to all the people, he took the blood of calves, together with water, scarlet wool and branches of hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people. 20 He said, “This is the blood of the covenant, which God has commanded you to keep.”[e] 21 In the same way, he sprinkled with the blood both the tabernacle and everything used in its ceremonies. 22 In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

23 It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. 25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. 26 Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But He has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.)
What ended was animal sacrifices Heb 10:1-22 i.e.. what was written in the book of the law, not the Ten Commandments, not that we can now worship other gods, vain His holy name, coveting, commit murder or breaking the least of these commandments thus saith Jesus Mat 5:19-30

In the New Covenant instead of bringing an animal sacrifice for sin, we can go directly to Jesus. Sin is still breaking God's law Rom 7:7 Mat 5:10-30 1 John 3:4 breaking one is like breaking them all James 2:10-12 hence why Jesus in His own Words taught not to break them or teach others to break and in doing so has some consequences. Math 5:19-20 We are free to believe or reject any teaching we want. I just don't know how one can express faith in Jesus but not follow the example He left or by not having faith to do His teachings. Guess we will have to agree to disagree, all gets sorted out soon enough.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What ended was animal sacrifices Heb 10:1-22 i.e.. what was written in the book of the law, not the Ten Commandments, not that we can now worship other gods, vain His holy name, coveting, commit murder or breaking the least of these commandments thus saith Jesus Mat 5:19-30

In the New Covenant instead of bringing an animal sacrifice for sin, we can go directly to Jesus. Sin is still breaking God's law Rom 7:7 Mat 5:10-30 1 John 3:4 breaking one is like breaking them all James 2:10-12 hence why Jesus in His own Words taught not to break them or teach others to break and in doing so has some consequences. Math 5:19-20 We are free to believe or reject any teaching we want. I just don't know how one can express faith in Jesus but not follow the example He left or by not having faith to do His teachings. Guess we will have to agree to disagree, all gets sorted out soon enough.
The 10 Commandments per the Author of Hebrews are in the OLD or FIRST Covenant.

Do you acknowledge this?

Hebrews 9:1 Now the first covenant had regulations for worship and also an earthly sanctuary. 2 A tabernacle was set up. In its first room were the lampstand and the table with its consecrated bread; this was called the Holy Place. 3 Behind the second curtain was a room called the Most Holy Place, 4 which had the golden altar of incense and the gold-covered ark of the covenant. This ark contained the gold jar of manna, Aaron’s staff that had budded, and the stone tablets of the covenant. 5 Above the ark were the cherubim of the Glory, overshadowing the atonement cover. But we cannot discuss these things in detail now.

• Useful
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟490,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The 10 Commandments per the Author of Hebrews are in the OLD or FIRST Covenant.

Do you acknowledge this?

Hebrews 9:1 Now the first covenant had regulations for worship and also an earthly sanctuary. 2 A tabernacle was set up. In its first room were the lampstand and the table with its consecrated bread; this was called the Holy Place. 3 Behind the second curtain was a room called the Most Holy Place, 4 which had the golden altar of incense and the gold-covered ark of the covenant. This ark contained the gold jar of manna, Aaron’s staff that had budded, and the stone tablets of the covenant. 5 Above the ark were the cherubim of the Glory, overshadowing the atonement cover. But we cannot discuss these things in detail now.
Yes, and no scripture that says the New Covenant removed God's law, but instead say His law is now written in the heart Heb 8:10 no wonder why Jesus taught when we keep our rules over obeying the commandment of God quoting from the Ten our hearts are far from Him Mat 15:3-14 because we are removing something God placed there, which is rebellion. Not a good idea, but we have free will.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, and no scripture that says the New Covenant removed God's law, but instead say His law is now written in the heart Heb 8:10 no wonder why Jesus taught when we keep our rules over obeying the commandment of God our hearts are far from Him Mat 15:3-14 because we are removing something God placed there. Not a good idea, but we have free will.
YOU HAVE SOMETHING BETTER THAN A STONE OBEDIENCE TOOL!

YOU HAVE JESUS!!!!!! Jesus is our SUPERRIOR COVENANT!

HE LITERALLY LIVES IN YOU! John 14:23 Jesus answered, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word (Jesus is the HIGHEST NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES). My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

• Winner
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟490,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
YOU HAVE SOMETHING BETTER THAN A STONE OBEDIENCE TOOL!

YOU HAVE JESUS!!!!!! Jesus is our SUPERRIOR COVENANT!

HE LITERALLY LIVES IN YOU! John 14:23 Jesus answered, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word (Jesus is the HIGHEST NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES). My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
The Ten Commandments is God's Word is we are to believe Jesus Mark 7

Jesus said If you love Me- keep My commandments. John 14:15

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Ten Commandments is God's Word is we are to believe Jesus Mark 7
No, Sibling in Jesus, whom I Love....'

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word,[a]
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 All things were created through Him,
and apart from Him not one thing was created
that has been created.
4 Life was in Him,[b]
and that life was the light of men.
5 That light shines in the darkness,
yet the darkness did not overcome[c] it.
6 There was a man named John
who was sent from God.
7 He came as a witness
to testify about the light,
so that all might believe through him.[d]
8 He was not the light,
but he came to testify about the light.
9 The true light, who gives light to everyone,
was coming into the world.[e]
10 He was in the world,
and the world was created through Him,
yet the world did not recognize Him.
11 He came to His own,[f]
and His own people[g] did not receive Him.
12 But to all who did receive Him,
He gave them the right to be[h] children of God,
to those who believe in His name,
13 who were born,
not of blood,[i]
or of the will of the flesh,
or of the will of man,[j]
but of God.
14 The Word became flesh[k]

Please proclaim it from the mountain Top! Who is your GOD? :D

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟490,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No, Sibling in Jesus, whom I Love....'

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word,[a]
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 All things were created through Him,
and apart from Him not one thing was created
that has been created.
4 Life was in Him,[b]
and that life was the light of men.
5 That light shines in the darkness,
yet the darkness did not overcome[c] it.
6 There was a man named John
who was sent from God.
7 He came as a witness
to testify about the light,
so that all might believe through him.[d]
8 He was not the light,
but he came to testify about the light.
9 The true light, who gives light to everyone,
was coming into the world.[e]
10 He was in the world,
and the world was created through Him,
yet the world did not recognize Him.
11 He came to His own,[f]
and His own people[g] did not receive Him.
12 But to all who did receive Him,
He gave them the right to be[h] children of God,
to those who believe in His name,
13 who were born,
not of blood,[i]
or of the will of the flesh,
or of the will of man,[j]
but of God.
14 The Word became flesh[k]

Please proclaim it from the mountain Top! Who is your GOD? :D
So scripture deletes scripture. Jesus is the Word, but we shouldn't listen to His Word like Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-13 Mat 5:19-30 John 14:15 Mat 19:17-19 Hmmm- where that verse?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So scripture deletes scripture. Jesus is the Word, but we shouldn't listen to His Word like Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-13 Mat 5:19-30 John 14:15 Mat 19:17-19 Hmmm- where that verse?
1 John 4:8 The one who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Allow me to be direct. Do you Worship a Stone Idol, for Salvation, or Do you Worship Jesus, WHO IS YOUR SALVATION?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟490,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Allow me to be direct. Do you Worship and Stone Idol, for Salvation, or Do you Worship Jesus, WHO IS YOUR SALVATION?
I worship God, who personally wrote His holy law on stone Exo 32:16 and then placed it in our hearts. Heb 8:10 How do we worship God, but not follow what He asks. Jesus tells us that is how one worships Him in vain. Mat 15:3-14 compared to true worship Rev 14:12

Anyway, you take care and wish you well with what you're teaching.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I worship God, who personally wrote His holy law on stone Exo 32:16 and then placed it in our hearts. Heb 8:10 How do we worship God, but not follow what He asks. Jesus tells us that is how one worships Him in vain. Mat 15:3-14 compared to true worship Rev 14:12

Anyway, you take care and wish you well with what you're teaching.
I can see that you will disagree with me and I respect you. I will simply declare... There is NO Stone Law Between Me and God. I step BOLDLY before God, not because of MY work... BUT HIS, on Golgotha... Which is my Salvation.

Jesus is my Salvation

All Love in Jesus to you, Sibling in Him

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟335,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Law of Moses was based on OBEYING the Pre-incarnate Christ. The very Book of the Law was a Witness against Israel, as specifically stated in Deuteronomy 31:26.

In the interest of Biblical Truth, the Book of the Law was one witness against the rebellious, stiff necked faithless men in Israel. At least this is according to what is actually written.

Deut. 32: 15 But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation. 16 They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger. 17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not. 18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

19 And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because "of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters".

And my friend, who was God's Sons and Daughters? Would they not be the Christ's brothers and sisters and mother?

Mark 3: 35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Surely these men who had forsaken their God who brought them out of Egypt (Sin) brought wrath onto themselves. Yes?

20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom "is no faith".

So then, the Book of the Law is not a witness against Caleb or Joshua, or other men of Faith. The Book of the Law was a witness against men who forsake their creator, those who refused to hearken to God, which caused problems for those Faithful men, God's sons and daughters.

This is evident in the Scriptures regarding Caleb and Joshua, in my view.

Numb. 14: 6 And Joshua the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, which were of them that searched the land, rent their clothes: 7 And they spake unto all the company of the children of Israel, saying, The land, which we passed through to search it, is an exceeding good land. 8 If the LORD delight in us, then he will bring us into this land, and give it us; a land which floweth with milk and honey.

9 Only rebel not ye against the LORD, neither fear ye the people of the land; for they are bread for us: their defence is departed from them, and the LORD is with us: fear them not.

Truly men of Faith. But what happened to them for their faith in God?

10 But all the congregation bade stone them with stones. And the glory of the LORD appeared in the tabernacle of the congregation before all the children of Israel.

I love the Scriptures as well my friend. Truly they are trustworthy for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God (His sons and daughters) may be perfect, (As Christ Jesus Commands) throughly furnished unto all good works.

I love to discuss scriptures. I'll honor your post will another reply to keep the posts shorter.

Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In the interest of Biblical Truth, the Book of the Law was one witness against the rebellious, stiff necked faithless men in Israel. At least this is according to what is actually written.

Deut. 32: 15 But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation. 16 They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger. 17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not. 18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

19 And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because "of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters".

And my friend, who was God's Sons and Daughters? Would they not be the Christ's brothers and sisters and mother?

Mark 3: 35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Surely these men who had forsaken their God who brought them out of Egypt (Sin) brought wrath onto themselves. Yes?

20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom "is no faith".

So then, the Book of the Law is not a witness against Caleb or Joshua, or other men of Faith. The Book of the Law was a witness against men who forsake their creator, those who refused to hearken to God, which caused problems for those Faithful men, God's sons and daughters.

This is evident in the Scriptures regarding Caleb and Joshua, in my view.

Numb. 14: 6 And Joshua the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, which were of them that searched the land, rent their clothes: 7 And they spake unto all the company of the children of Israel, saying, The land, which we passed through to search it, is an exceeding good land. 8 If the LORD delight in us, then he will bring us into this land, and give it us; a land which floweth with milk and honey.

9 Only rebel not ye against the LORD, neither fear ye the people of the land; for they are bread for us: their defence is departed from them, and the LORD is with us: fear them not.

Truly men of Faith. But what happened to them for their faith in God?

10 But all the congregation bade stone them with stones. And the glory of the LORD appeared in the tabernacle of the congregation before all the children of Israel.

I love the Scriptures as well my friend. Truly they are trustworthy for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God (His sons and daughters) may be perfect, (As Christ Jesus Commands) throughly furnished unto all good works.

I love to discuss scriptures. I'll honor your post will another reply to keep the posts shorter.
I wrote an Op, its a Part 8 of my dragon series.... the gaps of what you discuss are filled in... from my perspective. Give it a look if you want, or don't... all is well...

All Love to you in Jesus, Sibling in Him.

Reactions: Studyman
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟335,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also, in Hebrews, where the New and Old covenant are specifically laid out... the Decalogue is contained, specifically within the Old Covenant.

If I may, doesn't God Himself define HIS New covenant?

Heb. 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

This begs the question, how did God's People receive HIS Laws before "After those days"? Doesn't Hebrews 7 tell us exactly how God's Laws were received before the Prophesied New Priest of God came?

11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

So in the Old Covenant God defines, men received God's instruction in righteousness (Laws) through the Levitical Priesthood. But after the Christ came, the Prophesied New Priest of God, the manner in which men receive God's Law was to change.

So change #1. The manner in which God's Law is to be received.

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

So again, this begs the question, "Before" after those days, how were people to know God? Again, this would be through the Levitical Priesthood, or as Jesus said, "Salvation is of the Jews". But how do we know God today? Do we have something their generation never had? Absolutely, we have the Oracles of God in our own homes. In our own mind. EVERYONE has access to a Bible. And we are told to study it. To Seek the kingdom of God through it. To live by Every Word of God inspired in it. Truly we no longer need a Levite Priest to know God, thanks to change #1. What else changed according to Prophesy?

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Again, how were sins forgiven "Before" after those days? Were men not instructed to take a goat to the Levite Priest, and kill it before the Priest would provide for the forgiveness of our sins? Isn't this what Lev. 4 teaches?

Heb. 10: 3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. But now, God provides for the remission of our sin apart from the Sacrificial "works of the law" of the Levitical Priesthood.

So the other change between the 2 covenants that God defines, is the manner in which sins are forgiven. So then, according to God's definition of HIS New covenant, the following 2 things changed from the Old covenant to the New.

#1. The manner in which God's Laws are received.

#2. The manner in which sins are forgiven.

Hebrews 7-10 spell this out in great detail.

The writer of Hebrews made the reader make a very specific choice! Do they remain in the OLD COVENANT with the Decalogue, Or, do they enter into FAITH in the NEW Covenant, which is literally Jesus.

Well, Faith has always been a requirement for Salvation. At least according to Scriptures. So in Paul's time, the Pharisees were still promoting the "Old Priesthood" with the manmade shrines of worship, and their preachers in the chief seats of the house and selling or promoting the blood of innocent beings to provide for the forgiveness of sins.

But it was always about the Christ. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

The very wording and intention of the passage forces a person to choose between Carnal Obedience or Spiritual Faith.

I don't know about this one my friend, "Carnal Obedience"? Can you show me one example in the scriptures where a fleshy, carnal minded man humbled himself in obedience to God? I can find no example of that. Oh. there were certainly men who Professed to know God, but by their disobedient works, they denied Him.

Here is what the Scriptures actually say.

Eph. 2: 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Truly I cannot pardon myself of the penalty brought on me because I sinned. Only God can do that. And that by His Grace, because HE doesn't have to. I truly believe Him in this matter, which is Faith, Yes?

9 Not of (Mans) works, lest any man should boast.

There were wonderful works required, a great work of sacrifice and love. So Paul isn't saying there were "No Works" involved for the Salvation of God to be offered to us. That would be foolish and wrong. He is simply saying "Mans" work had nothing to do the choice of God to send His Son, or the Son who accepted the "Work".

10 For we (God's sons and daughters, yes?) are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God (Spirit) hath before ordained that we should "walk" in them. This would be "Walking, not after the carnal flesh, but after the Spirit, at least this is my understanding.

So then "Faith" would be "Walking in the good works God created beforehand that we should walk in them". Paul confirms this understanding of mine in Romans 2: 7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing (That God created beforehand that we should walk in them) seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

So if a man is walking in God's works, and not his own religious traditions or judgments, etc., he is walking in Faith.

But sons and daughters are those who obey God, like Caleb and Joshua, Yes? In fact, "EVERY" example of Faith in the entire Bible, has this one thing in common. They all "Yielded themselves" a servant to obey God. And God adopted them as His Sons and Daughters. Children in whom is Faith. "Doers of God's Law, not hearers only.

Great discussion.

Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0