Servant
Aug 30, 2006
Minnesota
✟37,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

You have to watch "Terminator". That's the best Arnold movie ever!

Upvote 0

Kristos

Servant
Aug 30, 2006
Minnesota
✟37,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I forgot mention that I have 5 bikes in the garage

Upvote 0

Orthocat

Veteran
Jun 8, 2006
✟2,393.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I guess my pet peeve is when churches feel they have to incorporate every new social trend into the church services in some way.

A friend was telling me her churches sermons for the past few months was the gospel "according to the Beatles".
I was like...excuse me? Of course there is the U2 series now as well...

I guess when you have no tradition you take what you can to make it into something...

oh, and the new trend...Starbucks type set-ups in churches so you can have a mocha latte and danish during the service that you watch on a big screen...
I don't understand...

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think dressing nicely and in what you feel comfortable in is a sin either, MsDahl. I was really kinda venting at the beginning with regards with the constant new social cause out there that I get in another forum. Then, it got into trendy clothes and such. I personally don't have a big interest in the newest fashions, but that doesn't mean I think someone is worldly who wears them. It would depend on if shopping is their lives, obsession or such.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LOL I haven't heard of those types of churches.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
oh, and the new trend...Starbucks type set-ups in churches so you can have a mocha latte and danish during the service that you watch on a big screen...
I don't understand...
Last May I took a couple of Advanced Placement tests for school and we actually tested at a Baptist church that was almost next door.

When we all walked into what must have been the sanctuary, I see two or three drum sets, a grand piano, two keyboards, an assortment of guitars and two large projector screens.

The first thought that came to mind: THIS is supposed to be a church!?

But I digress...

However much a person is attached to whatever is between them and God. I get concerned when someone does have a heart attack for not having their cell phone for two hours.

Upvote 0

Kristos

Servant
Aug 30, 2006
Minnesota
✟37,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand...

Is outrage!!!

But, they do have Starbucks in Moskow now....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.