Which Denomination Follows the Bible the Closest?

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think pretty much everyone thinks that their branch of Christianity follows the Bible the closest, otherwise they wouldn't still be part of it.
The more I think of it, the more I think that the question supposes a similarity right down the line--beliefs, practices, the whole picture. If that is so, I have to answer that something that is not very liturgical would meet the test better than my own church. That's because much of what occurs in the liturgy developed over time. That doesn't make it wrong or unScriptural, but it's not identical to the first churches.

If we look at the question as asking which church is truest to the meaning or teaching of Scripture (as opposed to a strict imitation of practices described in Scripture), it changes focus a little bit for us.

As for your specific point, I have to disagree. The application of the OT Law for us followers of Christ was changed, and not by men who just didn't want to obey anymore, but by what we find in the NT. It is believed by us all to be God's word. So if something like that has evolved as God's plan of salvation was "rolled out" in human history, that would not represent a departure.

Upvote 0