what pentecostal are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASLER86

Mar 5, 2005
✟615.00
Faith
Christian

I am not a member of the AG church, but I attend an Assemblies of God college, and I love it.
My church back home is an Evangelical Covenant Church.

Upvote 0

Normann

Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, Texas USA
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
mesipie said:
ok...since there is only 1 symbol for pentecostal, i just was wondering...
thanks, mesipie

I don't even know how to use a symbol! I think I could qualify for the Non-demoninational thread as we have no central government, each church is self ruled. Also each preaacher can pastor any church of any demonination. We do have a docrine and it is basicly Pentecostal, but somewhat free from the rules of the major movements, such as the AG and PCG. So I guess out of respect I will not invade the Non-denominationals at least until I learn more about CF and the rules.

Ours is a very wonderful movement because of the freedom we have as ministers, yet a set of bylaws that does require us to be Christian and promote the Word of God with every effort.

Have a nice evening-

Normann

Upvote 0

~Heavens_Bride~

Awaiting The Day
Mar 15, 2005
✟327.00
Faith
Christian
Question for UPC and Oneness...what about these verses?

Philippians 2:6

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Hebrews 1:1-3

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

1Corinthians 15:27-28

27 For he (God the Father) hath put all things under his (Jesus) feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he (God the Father) is excepted, which did put all things under him (Jesus).

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him (God the Father) that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Upvote 0

Eagle_Wings

Just Your Ordinary Average Everyday Sane Psycho.
Nov 18, 2004
Illinois
Visit site
✟2,076.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm Foursquare and have been my whole life. If anybody wants more info an this denomination...no we are not a nondenomination like someone had thought...the official website is www.foursquare.org

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,758.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to be different.
I am a Presbyterian elder.
I believe in Calvinist Puritan theology, that once a person is saved he cannot be lost again unless he totally rejects God over a long period of the Holy Spirit's constant reminders to get right with God.
I believe that a person can be converted and baptised in the HS at the same time,
BUT most need time to get oriented to the Christian faith before progressing on to the baptism in the HS.
I believe that tongues is the initial evidence of the baptism in the HS
And I thank God I speak in tongues more than all of you! And love every minute of it!

Upvote 0

MJShields

May 20, 2005
Brisbane
✟185.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
She is talking about the seperatist need for people to fit into something and pidgeon-hole themselves into a very specific place for comfort when really if you walk with God it shouldn't matter if your ankles are showing or your doin' the walk with your comfy shoes on.
When I became a Christian I could not believe the extremities of sub grouping that are present in sites like this.
So I must be a Charasmatic/Apostoltic/Pentecostal/Non Holiness/Oneness/Indepedant/Caucasian/Trinitarian/Australian/Christian/Vegetarian!
I think I might start a thread just for people like me.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2005
Bristol
✟7,616.00
Faith
Pentecostal
i go to a pentecostal A.o.G church

i love god he sees us all the time so y shud it matter what clothes we wear in church as long as you aernt specificall wearing clothes to prevoke a reaction or that causes others to sin (as it says we shouldnt cause others to sin in the bible) then i think people should be able to wear whatever they feel comfortable in

personally on the subject of clothes in church i wear jeans and a t-shirt most of the time unless im leading worship in which case we have to dress smartly

but hey god loves me for who i am not what i wear

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,758.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
MJShields said:
So I must be a Charasmatic/Apostoltic/Pentecostal/Non Holiness/Oneness/Indepedant/Caucasian/Trinitarian/Australian/Christian/Vegetarian!
I think I might start a thread just for people like me.

Well, this indiginoassemblybaptianglopresycostal is having a great laugh over that!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.