British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
every 'idle' word, thought and deed will be judged by Christ when he returns to trample all manner of iniquities under his feet, the last being death itself.

'idle' meaning a word, thought and deed (out of place).

Out of place to what? The OT 10 commandants? Yes...but 'The fruit of the Spirit' is the more obvious answer which COVERS all the OT commandments, in the same way Christ's 2 commandments fulfil/(exceed) the OT law.

Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
My understanding of Law of Liberty is that it pertains to conscience, as expressed by Paul here:
Acts 14:
But this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect,
so I worship the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in
the Law and in the Prophets.
15 I have hope in God, which they themselves also accept, that there will be a
resurrection of the dead
, both of the just and the unjust.
16 This being so, I myself always strive to have a conscience without offense
toward God and men.

I have found liberty of conscience in the ability to know the Voice of the Spirit,
The Good Shepherd, most effectively in being rebuked when my thoughts turn
to selfish indulgence.

Hebrews 12:5 the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons:
My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord,
Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives.
7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there
whom a father does not chasten?
8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you
are illegitimate and not sons.

1 Corinthians 10:29 Conscience, I say not your own, but that of the other. For why is
my liberty judged by another man’s conscience?

1 Corinthians 11:
For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be
condemned with the world.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sorry, my post 3 was about the Lord's return. It was out of context to the thread.

I agree with your last post. The way i understand the Lord's chastening and the fruits of the spirit are - the Lord firstly applies a chastening to his sons and daughters and he continues to do so in our lives until he finally glorifies us after death in this flesh/life. The first (justification) must that place in our hearts and mind for the final (glorification) to take place, so we can enter the kingdom of heaven, 'Jesus the author and finisher of our faith' Hebrews 12:2

He'll chasten/correct every believer differently, some more server than others in order to mould us. We all can become cold/lazy to our faith and walk with the lord in this flesh, so we must not refuse the Lord's chastening and must obey him. We need to correct what's wrong in our lives and the fruits of the spirit will become more embedded into our hearts, minds and walk with the Lord.

They are ordered correctly, the first being LOVE (agape love), a heart that gets enlarged for the Lord and results in a love that gets enlarged for others.

'love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength'

'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these'
Mark 12:30-31

Also, its good to talk with other Christians to help us grow and mature, sometimes correction (the stick) must be used, but only with Love for that person, if we fear they are slipping back (their fleshly 'members' are going astray into false teachings/doctrines or old ways of life. James 5:16

God Bless

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0