The Body 웃 Chris†

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,665.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love how God designed us. Fearfully and wonderfully He made us. He loved us the most. Made in His image, each one of us is a piece of His own covered with flesh. Jesus calls us His own body, His loving bride. He has arranged the members of the body, every one of them, according to His design. Similarly, for His temple, there are certain things He arranged outside and certain inside of it. He made us His dwelling place. We are His temple.

1 Corinthians 12:22-25 says, "...the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts we consider less honorable, we treat with greater honor. And our unpresentable parts are treated with special modesty, whereas our presentable parts have no such need. But God has composed the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body.."

In my observation, I have noticed that God hides some people to Himself, for Himself. They might seem weak, less honorable, and unpresentable but they are most intimate in God's eyes. They are not presented/needed to be covered from this world stage, but are indispensable, treated with greater honor, and special modesty. In the depths of the ocean, are the most precious things He placed.

Who would you think seem to be "weaker", "less honorable", and "unpresentable" members of the body of believers? Would you be an unpresentable part (serving God inside the temple) or the presentable one (serving God outside the temple)?

(Just something interesting to think about; not that we can choose which one is who and which one we want to be; that depends on God's calling on one's life).

Your thoughts are welcome. :) I will share more thoughts in further posts here.

Last edited:

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Our body is the Temple of the true and only God, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Our Temples make up the true body on earth when 2 or 3 are gathered in my name. Its the congregation/church who make up the body in the house of God (the place where you worship)

Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've seen God do tremendous work through disabled believers. Three situations come to mind:

Joni Eareckson Tada. She pioneered the American With Disabilities Act which provides accessible goods and services to citizens in public spaces. She also has a ministry for Christian caregivers.

Kara Tippetts. Kara was a popular Christian blogger who shared her battle with terminal cancer with the world. She ministered to others with terminal illnesses and stood against euthanasia while affirming her love and trust and God until the end.

Ruth Prince. Ruth suffered from a debilitating back condition which left her bedridden for a time. She became a powerful intercessor and worked for Derek Prince's ministry when her mobility improved. They married later and she was an integral part of the global ministry he developed. Her story is told in God is a Matchmaker.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,665.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Our body is the Temple of the true and only God, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Our Temples make up the true body on earth when 2 or 3 are gathered in my name. Its the congregation/church who make up the body in the house of God (the place where you worship)

And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, and those with gifts of healing, helping, administration, and various tongues. 1 Corinthians 12:28

Apostles, prophets, teachers- God uses them to display His glory more on the stage. They are more sent into the world to shine His glory to those that are outside the temple (unbelievers).

Others- God uses them behind the stage more to His own people (that are inside the temple) than to those that are in the world. They are more cared and kept mostly within the temple of God, to Himself, to be there to serve Him within and close by.

And God says all will get equal honor in His kingdom so there wont be any discouragement or division.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,665.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body and all were made to drink of one Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:13

Dear Body of Christ,

It is the same life-giving blood of Christ and breath, the Spirit, that flows in all the members.

He came for us, gave His life, rose again, and sent us the Holy Spirit. Would He not much more come alive in you?

Draw life from Him today and be nourished. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: venksta
Upvote 0